Pages: 1 ... 446 447 448 [449] 450 451 452 ... 474   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1650312 times)
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #6720 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 12:18:30 »

There has been a twitter storm last week when some tiktok lad was singing feed the scousers, let them know its Christmas time. Had to come out and beg for forgiveness.

This weekend Nottingham Forest fans condemned for singing Sign Up chants to Everton fans.
The lad had to or realised the context of the song and didn't agree with it?
Or may he realised that it's not socially acceptable and wanted to continue making money off his youtube?

Personally I don't think generalising Liverpudlians as being poor is ok, nor is it ok to chant that.
edit - So i would not do so.

The fact notwithstanding that every other cunting liverpool fan isn't from there anyway
« Last Edit: Monday, December 4, 2023, 12:25:15 by bennett » Logged

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #6721 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 12:19:17 »

We ought not cry about that...if a club can bang that out at the CG i'd stand and applaud (assuming no drum)

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6722 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 12:33:48 »

Or may he realised that it's not socially acceptable and wanted to continue making money off his youtube?

Its all very Lawrence Fox isn't it, bleat like feck about freedom of speech whilst rather ignoring that yeah fine express your freedom to speak on Twitter but there are also thoudands of people on that platform who are similarly allowed to express their freedom to speak in noting that you are a cunt who talks shit.

I hope that lad didn't lose a lead role in Batman off his derogatory comments about scousers.  Cheesy
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #6723 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 13:03:16 »

Personally I don't think generalising Liverpudlians as being poor is ok, nor is it ok to chant that.
edit - So i would not do so.

The fact notwithstanding that every other cunting liverpool fan isn't from there anyway

This was my point in case. Banter is seemingly not acceptable. In a football stadium of fans your saying that generalising scousers as poor is not ok.

It's like saying Oxford fans have 6 fingers and everyone in Swindon are inbreds. Is it socially acceptable to want Tommy Mooney to be tied up on a piece string and then have the shit kicked out of him, no obviously, but it's a brilliant song.

Always shit on the Welsh side of the bridge, sheep shaggers. The list is endless

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6724 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 13:06:07 »

Is it socially acceptable to want Tommy Mooney to be tied up on a piece string and then have the shit kicked out of him, no obviously, but it's a brilliant song.

Originally just an Oxford fan that. Doesn't really make sense as Mooney when your grandad bought you the toy. Maybe in 30 more years.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #6725 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 13:19:21 »

I think banter about being inbreds etc is fine because it's just silly and not a specific stereotype. same with Mooney on a piece of string, patently stupid.
I also think the sheepshagger/welsh teams chant is alright, because that's not actually based on anything.

As with all things it's not a right/wrong, but I can't think of any other chant types as truly specific as the liverpool ones. It's based on a reality that we've grown up being told and targeted solely at them for something beyond their control (we can all agree maggie thatcher was to blame somehow)
« Last Edit: Monday, December 4, 2023, 13:22:56 by bennett » Logged

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6726 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 13:24:15 »

It's like saying Oxford fans have 6 fingers and everyone in Swindon are inbreds.

I think in those cases a pretty strong defence could be made insofar as both are factually correct?  Cheesy Wink
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6727 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 13:36:12 »

I think banter about being inbreds etc is fine because it's just silly and not a specific stereotype.

Every club calls their rivals inbred. Or usually online its idiots calling them 'inbread' and you have to ask what kind of bread they're in.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #6728 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 13:42:39 »

I think banter about being inbreds etc is fine because it's just silly and not a specific stereotype. same with Mooney on a piece of string, patently stupid.
I also think the sheepshagger/welsh teams chant is alright, because that's not actually based on anything.

As with all things it's not a right/wrong, but I can't think of any other chant types as truly specific as the liverpool ones. It's based on a reality that we've grown up being told and targeted solely at them for something beyond their control (we can all agree maggie thatcher was to blame somehow)

We could look at the does your boyfriend know your here chant when quite obviously not everyone in Brighton is gay.
Not all gillingham fans are pikey- (i think)

Football is tribal for every region and every region should have banter with another region, stereotypes or not. Normal life is different to a football stadium in that sense.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6729 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 15:21:30 »

Every club calls their rivals inbred. Or usually online its idiots calling them 'inbread' and you have to ask what kind of bread they're in.

Ah Scott Murray, how we miss thee
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6730 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 15:42:10 »

There’s no racist chanting in the UK nowadays - just individual knobheads.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #6731 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 16:54:06 »

Maybe they mean ‘into bread’? I know I am, especially tiger bread. And I have some very nice Co-op finest sourdough crumpets at home.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6732 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 10:10:32 »

FGR have to replay their 1st round tie v Scarborough due playing a loan player without having obtained the parent club’s permission.

Barnsley were kicked out for fielding an ineligible player.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6733 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 10:57:25 »

FGR have to replay their 1st round tie v Scarborough due playing a loan player without having obtained the parent club’s permission.

Barnsley were kicked out for fielding an ineligible player.

Barnsely player was ineliigble full stop

FGR player was eligible to play, but didnt have parent club permission. Thats the difference

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6734 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 10:59:04 »

Isn’t that exactly what I posted?
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 448 [449] 450 451 452 ... 474   Go Up
Print
Jump to: