Pages: 1 ... 437 438 439 [440] 441 442 443 ... 474   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1650120 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6585 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2023, 17:57:19 »

the first stat doesn't surprise me. The rest have thought..
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6586 on: Thursday, September 28, 2023, 11:30:24 »

https://x.com/sufcofficial/status/1707351157553713588?s=46&t=sUQ-fFgelrF5oqTmo-D8tA
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6587 on: Thursday, September 28, 2023, 11:53:38 »

https://www.thebusinessdesk.com/yorkshire/news/2113963-businessman-confirms-scunthorpe-united-is-up-for-sale

Oh and Gainsborough Trinity apparently know feck all about any groundsharing......
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 28, 2023, 13:36:39 by horlock07 » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6588 on: Thursday, September 28, 2023, 14:10:36 »

All a power trip, by doing this he can say Gainsborough Trinity helped kill the club if they go under
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6589 on: Friday, September 29, 2023, 09:07:03 »

I see that Sheffield Wednesday’s owner has said pretty much the same thing as the Scunthorpe owner in refusing to further finance the club.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #6590 on: Friday, September 29, 2023, 10:00:19 »

I see that Sheffield Wednesday’s owner has said pretty much the same thing as the Scunthorpe owner in refusing to further finance the club.
Hes fucking nutty as squirrel shit.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/other/dejphon-chansiri-slams-sheffield-wednesday-fans-in-astonishing-rant-as-owner-makes-no-more-cash-vow/ar-AA1hqQGh#image=1

"Some fans need to have more respect for owners of clubs and not be so selfish, thinking of their own benefit without doing anything good to the club. This is not acceptable and as a result I am not willing to inject more money while I am being treated unfairly by those fans."

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6591 on: Monday, October 2, 2023, 12:44:22 »

I mean sometimes, words really can't express how vile some people are/can be. Sadly this kind of shit is becoming more and more prevalent. There is also a video out there of Newcastle fans mocking Man United because of the Munich Air Disaster.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-66985501

Edit - oh and here's yet more people racially abusing footballers behind the 'security' of social media. If it was up to me, I'd be arranging for these people to be locked in a room with the person they are abusing and explain why they've done, or said what they have to these footballers. It's not going away is it.  Angry

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66984698
« Last Edit: Monday, October 2, 2023, 12:48:07 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #6592 on: Monday, October 2, 2023, 12:48:16 »

There is also a video out there of Newcastle fans mocking Man United because of the Munich Air Disaster

To be fair Liverpool fans have been doing that for many years, which makes their outrage about other team’s chants about Hillsborough somewhat ironic
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6593 on: Monday, October 2, 2023, 12:54:42 »

To be fair Liverpool fans have been doing that for many years, which makes their outrage about other team’s chants about Hillsborough somewhat ironic

I know it's not what you are trying to do PR, but the culture of 'one-upmanship' that is prevalent amongst football fans really does my head in. Your absolutely right that there are some truly horrible Liverpool fans that use these tragedies against a hated rival, which is absolutely crazy given what happened to them at Hillsborough. Whoever you support, using the death of a fan/player/tragedy as some kind of weapon to abuse a rival fan is absolutely despicable and needs to stop. One week there will be an impeccable minutes's silence to observe a sad passing, the next week there will be fans of the same club(s) involved in the disgusting 'baiting'.

Football and sport in general does so much good to so many people, so why can't we get rid of this cancer surrounding the game? The more of this shite I read, the more I want to turn my back on the game for good, sadly.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #6594 on: Monday, October 2, 2023, 17:00:43 »

I mean sometimes, words really can't express how vile some people are/can be. Sadly this kind of shit is becoming more and more prevalent. There is also a video out there of Newcastle fans mocking Man United because of the Munich Air Disaster.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-66985501

Edit - oh and here's yet more people racially abusing footballers behind the 'security' of social media. If it was up to me, I'd be arranging for these people to be locked in a room with the person they are abusing and explain why they've done, or said what they have to these footballers. It's not going away is it.  Angry

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66984698

What goes through these idiots minds is a complete mystery to me. Drink neither explains or excuses it. I hope he goes to jail.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #6595 on: Tuesday, October 3, 2023, 08:20:00 »

I get a bit of tasteless, inappropriate banter. A subversive laugh at things that are not funny... but to put it on Twitter? Absolute moron.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6596 on: Tuesday, October 3, 2023, 10:27:55 »

What goes through these idiots minds is a complete mystery to me. Drink neither explains or excuses it. I hope he goes to jail.

Its going to set one hell of a dangerous (and expensive) precedent if being an offensive obnoxious arsehole at the football comes with time at His Majesty's pleasure attached!
Lemis

Ignore
« Reply #6597 on: Tuesday, October 3, 2023, 21:42:29 »

Supposedly match officials in the since abandoned Orient-Lincoln game tried to restart the match while a fan was recieving CPR and the when the incident started the medics had to run around the pitch instead of straight to the stand. Match was unable to restart when other fans invaded the pitch to stop it restarting (that being something right with football). All online hearsay thus far, but doesn't look like the officials covered themselves in glory there tonight.

Bonus cunt points for sky for saying the match was abandoned due to crowd trouble.

Have you seen the writing on the wall?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #6598 on: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 08:44:10 »

Supposedly match officials in the since abandoned Orient-Lincoln game tried to restart the match while a fan was recieving CPR and the when the incident started the medics had to run around the pitch instead of straight to the stand. Match was unable to restart when other fans invaded the pitch to stop it restarting (that being something right with football). All online hearsay thus far, but doesn't look like the officials covered themselves in glory there tonight.

Bonus cunt points for sky for saying the match was abandoned due to crowd trouble.
Wellens showed what a cunt he really is as well storming on to the pitch shouting abuse at those on the pitch.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6599 on: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 12:01:04 »

it's possible he didn't have a full grasp of what was going on, the ref probably didn't either
Pages: 1 ... 437 438 439 [440] 441 442 443 ... 474   Go Up
Print
Jump to: