Pages: 1 ... 425 426 427 [428] 429 430 431 ... 474   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1650273 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6405 on: Monday, July 10, 2023, 18:09:36 »

Not that I give a fuck because its Reading but how are cunts that have been involved in the downfall of several other clubs allowed to even takeover somewhere new?

It was my main argument vs happy clappers when people questioned why I had it in for Power given his history with Cambridge, Luton, Rushden and somewhere else I might be forgetting.

Its like the monorail cunt from the Simpsons turning up in Springfield when he's already turned North Haverbrook in to a shithole.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #6406 on: Monday, July 10, 2023, 18:54:03 »

Not that I give a fuck because its Reading but how are cunts that have been involved in the downfall of several other clubs allowed to even takeover somewhere new?

It was my main argument vs happy clappers when people questioned why I had it in for Power given his history with Cambridge, Luton, Rushden and somewhere else I might be forgetting.

Its like the monorail cunt from the Simpsons turning up in Springfield when he's already turned North Haverbrook in to a shithole.

‘Its like the monorail cunt from the Simpsons turning up in Springfield when he's already turned North Haverbrook in to a shithole.’

You do realise that for the rest of the evening I’m going to be chanting, Monorail, Monorail, Monorail, Monorail in my head you bastard.

🤣🤣🤣🤣
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6407 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2023, 08:43:50 »

Depends on where one sits on the matter as to whether its wrong or right, Morecambe have announced that they are doing away with Programmes for the coming season replacing it with a monthly magazine. I suspect Morecambe are not the only club who have been losing money in producing one for each match day.

https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2023/july/matchday-programme-to-evolve-for-new-season/
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #6408 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2023, 09:04:32 »

Haha. I have an image of Lee Power in a straw boater leading The Trust AGM in a sort of Chas N Dave cockney-knees-up version of “Monorail”  when they agreed to buy the ground with him.

Now we have the board of the Monorail Company in charge and, again, caution about their motivations is verboten amongst elements of our fanbase.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6409 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2023, 11:22:38 »

Depends on where one sits on the matter as to whether its wrong or right, Morecambe have announced that they are doing away with Programmes for the coming season replacing it with a monthly magazine. I suspect Morecambe are not the only club who have been losing money in producing one for each match day.

https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2023/july/matchday-programme-to-evolve-for-new-season/

Do we still do a physical one? Can just download it on your phone now, can't you?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6410 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2023, 11:54:18 »

you can get it digitally

we certainly had a physical one last year
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6411 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2023, 11:56:16 »

I haven't bought a programme in years.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #6412 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2023, 13:03:58 »

I like buying one away to be honest

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6413 on: Wednesday, July 12, 2023, 11:19:42 »

Could be the end of Southend today. In court facing a winding up order from HMRC.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #6414 on: Wednesday, July 12, 2023, 11:29:25 »

Could be the end of Southend today. In court facing a winding up order from HMRC.

Managed to get a further 42 day extension to sort their finances out.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6415 on: Wednesday, July 12, 2023, 12:49:29 »

Perhaps we can obtain a similar loan for all our overseas activities... https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2023/07/11/wolves-secure-99m-government-loan/
DMC

« Reply #6416 on: Wednesday, July 12, 2023, 13:12:36 »

Seems a very normal thing this now doesn't it
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6417 on: Wednesday, July 12, 2023, 13:16:56 »

i think we'd miss the mark on the fact we are importing rather than exporting.

If only Zav had set-up a street stall in Karachi to sell off end of season kits.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6418 on: Thursday, July 13, 2023, 10:03:54 »

This really isn't the right thread but jeez, good luck to him, brave to make this public - hope it helps

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66187943

Everton midfielder Dele Alli says he was sexually abused when he was six years old.

In an emotional interview with former England footballer Gary Neville, Alli revealed the abused he suffered as a child before he was adopted aged 12.

He said he was "molested" aged six, started smoking aged seven and was dealing drugs at eight years old.

Alli, 27, recently spent six weeks in rehab because of a sleeping pill addiction and mental health issues.

One of football's brightest young talents, Alli was part of the England squad that reached the semi-finals of the 2018 World Cup and helped Tottenham reach the Champions League final in 2019.

However, his form dipped and he left Spurs to join Everton in February 2022 before going on a loan spell to Turkish side Besiktas last season.

Alli, who earned the last of his 37 England caps in 2019, returned to Everton at the end of last season because of injury.

"When I came back from Turkey, I found out I needed an operation and I was in a bad place mentally," he told The Overlap.

"I decided to go to a modern day rehab facility for mental health. They deal with addiction, mental health and trauma.

"I felt like it was time for me. With things like that, you can't be told to go there. You have to know and make the decision yourself or it's not going to work. I was caught in a bad cycle. I was relying on things that were doing me harm.

"I was waking up every day and I was winning the fight going into training, smiling, showing that I was happy but inside I was definitely losing the battle. It was time for me to change it."

Alli said he had come out of rehab three weeks ago and "could never have imagined how much" he would get from it as "a lot happened when I was younger that I could never understand and figure out" and it had helped him on that front.

He later talked about being "molested" at six before being "sent to Africa to learn discipline".

"At seven, I started smoking, eight I started dealing drugs," he added.

"An older person told me that they wouldn't stop a kid on a bike, so I rode around with my football, and then underneath I'd have the drugs. That was eight.

"Eleven, I was hung off a bridge by a guy from the next estate, a man.

"Twelve, I was adopted - and from then, it was like - I was adopted by an amazing family like I said, I couldn't have asked for better people to do what they'd done for me. If God created people, it was them."
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6419 on: Thursday, July 13, 2023, 11:58:33 »

i think we'd miss the mark on the fact we are importing rather than exporting.

If only Zav had set-up a street stall in Karachi to sell off end of season kits.

The current home shirts look like they should probably be sold on a street stall for a fiver to be fair.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 427 [428] 429 430 431 ... 474   Go Up
Print
Jump to: