Pages: 1 ... 423 424 425 [426] 427 428 429 ... 474   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1650455 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #6375 on: Sunday, June 25, 2023, 07:30:20 »

You mean we won’t finish that high up !😁

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Lemis

Ignore
« Reply #6376 on: Sunday, June 25, 2023, 08:16:09 »

Given its using bookies odds to make it's predictions, think there's a pretty good chance it's not going to be correct, especially since we know how accurate the bookies are when it comes to odds at this level.

Have you seen the writing on the wall?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6377 on: Sunday, June 25, 2023, 09:04:44 »

Making predictions at this stage is foolhardy. 3 sides still have yet to recruit any players and squads are far from completed. The best value for signing players is as late as possible apparently - Wellens and now Flynn have basically some out and said that.

That said, it's the close season so these sort of nonsensical articles are the only way to get clicks.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6378 on: Sunday, June 25, 2023, 09:07:33 »

When I saw 23/24 I assumed that was our finishing position.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6379 on: Monday, June 26, 2023, 14:12:17 »

Bristol Rovers set to sign Jevani Brown, a player who admitted to a charge of assaulting women.

Fits in perfectly with Barton

Albeit in previously signing Dion Donohue I am not sure we can really claim the moral high ground here.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #6380 on: Monday, June 26, 2023, 14:38:57 »

Albeit in previously signing Dion Donohue I am not sure we can really claim the moral high ground here.

I fucking hate all this shit, in all honesty.
I know people will strongly disagree with me and/or think I’m a cunt,  but I really couldn’t give much of a shit about who Swindon sign, and what their pasts are like.

I just want to go to a game, and see us win, if someone that scores the winning goal happens to be on an assault charge, I really couldn’t give a shit.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #6381 on: Monday, June 26, 2023, 14:39:56 »

I know people will strongly disagree with me and/or think I’m a cunt,  but I really couldn’t give much of a shit about who Swindon sign, and what their pasts are like.

I just want to go to a game, and see us win, if someone that scores the winning goal happens to be on an assault charge, I really couldn’t give a shit.
You ar not alone in thinking that way.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #6382 on: Monday, June 26, 2023, 14:41:51 »

Ok - Devils advocate.

Its your wife/girlfriend/daughter/mum that someone has beaten up/raped/murdered

Would you still cheer when he scores a goal
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6383 on: Monday, June 26, 2023, 14:43:30 »

I felt very uncomfortable with McCormick.
Less so with Wise.

inconsistent
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #6384 on: Monday, June 26, 2023, 14:48:49 »

I felt very uncomfortable with McCormick.
Less so with Wise.

inconsistent
Its been covered a million times before when McCormack signed, but, at which point do you say they have done their time for a crime/been released without charge and then move on and let them get back into normal society?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6385 on: Monday, June 26, 2023, 14:53:22 »

I get that line of thinking particularly with something like assault because my understanding is that assault is such a broad term. He could have pushed a woman or he could have knocked ten bells of shit out her: both are assault right?

I can probably look past a one time misdemeanour like that but draw the line before rapists, murders and ex Oxford
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #6386 on: Monday, June 26, 2023, 14:55:54 »

Ok - Devils advocate.

That is a valid point isn’t it? But the answer is not a straight yes or no and you know it. Example being I’m with JJ and Quaggy but only in as much as if an individual has been sentenced and served their time and is genuinely repentant. Equally generally a man who is up in court for some ‘alleged’ incident against a female is then subsequently discharged from any charges or allegations. The latter in someways is worse because they don’t get their day in court but still have the stigma of the allegation to bare. These IMHO should be able to continue their lives and careers unhindered. However society loves a villain, loves to throw stones etc. we’ll all have a repugnance against vermin but some cannot let the due course of justice no matter how it is seen to be served to be the end of a matter.
« Last Edit: Monday, June 26, 2023, 15:05:39 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #6387 on: Monday, June 26, 2023, 14:57:45 »

Ok - Devils advocate.

I should probably clarified, rape and murder is the worst of the worst, but I wouldn’t expect a convicted rapist or murderer to sign for the club, as they’d rightly be doing time.

However, as DV said, assault is such a broad term, it could be something as simple as a push. Even sexual assault could be some bloke pinching a girls ass when pissed up.

It’s a grey area, and I hate all these charities etc getting involved when players sign for clubs.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6388 on: Monday, June 26, 2023, 14:59:27 »

I don't know the full Jevani Brown thing but according to an article -

"Brown has signed a two-year contract with the option of a further 12 months at the Mem after his agreement with the Grecians expired. The 28-year-old is due to stand trial on July 7 after pleading not guilty to assaulting a woman and has previously admitted a second charge of assault relating to a different woman."

As an FYI.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6389 on: Monday, June 26, 2023, 15:03:27 »

Its been covered a million times before when McCormack signed, but, at which point do you say they have done their time for a crime/been released without charge and then move on and let them get back into normal society?

There is entirely that but I think in the case of McCormack (which I agree was and has been done to death), there is/was also a degree of There but by the grace of god and all that.

As for Brown as we are not signing him I don't really care for now, it was purely that it had been raised on here and then that thing popped up on Twitter. One would assume that Rovers are pretty sure he is not going to go down if they have agreed a 2 year contract with him.

P.S He is specifically charged with 2 counts of assaulting women by beating, admitted one denied the other.
« Last Edit: Monday, June 26, 2023, 15:08:18 by horlock07 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 423 424 425 [426] 427 428 429 ... 474   Go Up
Print
Jump to: