Pages: 1 ... 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 ... 474   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1650101 times)
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #2175 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2016, 18:30:17 »

Welsh ones don't count  Cheesy
Fuck sake. That's my Robbie Savage entry null & void then!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #2176 on: Sunday, February 28, 2016, 23:32:20 »

The league cup coverage on Sky today, after city got the win some sky knobhead (can't remember which one) tried to shove a microphone in Caballero's face while he was celebrating. On the pitch. I'm an incredibly calm person most of the time but I'd have chinned him and told him to fuck off. Who exactly benefits from these pathetic "interviews"

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #2177 on: Monday, February 29, 2016, 00:10:31 »

Am I the only one who thinks there are far bigger cunts out there than Piers Morgan?

Worse people yes, bigger cunts in general view, probably not, you may be Piers Morgan then if you think that Wink
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2178 on: Monday, February 29, 2016, 10:40:58 »

I just cannot think this was a mistake....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-35678144
Amir

« Reply #2179 on: Monday, February 29, 2016, 10:47:30 »

I just cannot think this was a mistake....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-35678144

I'm gobsmacked anyone could think it was anything else.
Panda Paws

« Reply #2180 on: Monday, February 29, 2016, 13:53:17 »

The league cup coverage on Sky today, after city got the win some sky knobhead (can't remember which one) tried to shove a microphone in Caballero's face while he was celebrating. On the pitch. I'm an incredibly calm person most of the time but I'd have chinned him and told him to fuck off. Who exactly benefits from these pathetic "interviews"

Simply, when you pay squillions of pounds for exclusive rights, you demand media access that some may find unpalatable, but most want. If the players don't like it, they can play behind closed doors, with no cameras and just play for the love of the game I guess?
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #2181 on: Monday, February 29, 2016, 14:37:23 »

Simply, when you pay squillions of pounds for exclusive rights, you demand media access that some may find unpalatable, but most want. If the players don't like it, they can play behind closed doors, with no cameras and just play for the love of the game I guess?

This.  The Clubs sold their soul to the TV companies and they now have to put up with whatever the TV companies want, including having to play matches on which days and at what KO time the TV companies demand, regardless of when and where the Clubs last played, and with bugger-all thought for the fans who travel to the games. I find most of the pre- and post-match coverage involving as many 'pundits' as they can squeeze into their studio a total bore and so tend to avoid all but the actual match itself. That'll teach them!   Smiley
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2182 on: Monday, February 29, 2016, 16:26:02 »

including having to play matches on which days and at what KO time the TV companies demand, regardless of when and where the Clubs last played, and with bugger-all thought for the fans who travel to the games.

Hence having two north west based teams kicking off at Wembley at 1630 on a Sunday afternoon/night.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2183 on: Monday, February 29, 2016, 16:26:22 »

http://www.thebusinessdesk.com/yorkshire/news/731846-owner-must-pump-more-money-into-championship-club-to-ensure-survival.html?news_section=253059

The figures involved and what is required just to keep the plates spinning makes me realise we are never going to get to that level without some serious investment?
« Last Edit: Monday, February 29, 2016, 16:28:47 by horlock07 » Logged
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #2184 on: Monday, February 29, 2016, 16:33:26 »

Of course we can get to that level. We very nearly did on a shoestring.

It's staying there that will be the problem. We've just gotta hope one day our Lansdown / Madejski comes in to bankroll us.
Panda Paws

« Reply #2185 on: Monday, February 29, 2016, 17:41:48 »

Of course we can get to that level. We very nearly did on a shoestring.

It's staying there that will be the problem. We've just gotta hope one day our Lansdown / Madejski comes in to bankroll us.

Do you want to be bankrolled? I guess citing Lansdown and Madejski was deliberate as fans, thus less likely to want a return or to end in tears, but I dread the day some far-flung sheikh or oligarch comes along, talking about untapped potential, catchment areas and 3-year plans a la Bristol Rovers.

I'm all for growth, ambition, progression.... but do it organically and it's something to be truly proud of. I seem to be in the minority but I really like what we're doing right now, and how we're doing it. Let's hope that progress is real and pays off over a long period (not necessarily one season to another, but long-term).
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #2186 on: Monday, February 29, 2016, 17:42:13 »

Football commentary.  The ridiculous hyperbole.  Everything is a fairytale.  Everything is one of the stories of the season.

Apparently a player scored 2 goals on his debut.  Commentators wanking themselves into a frenzy about how unbelievable this is.

Has anyone got a sense of perspective anymore?  Everything is a fairytale or unbelievable.  The bounds of my credulity are rarely actually stretched by what these tosspots feel is amazing.  Maybe Im just too rational.

Never knowingly overstated.
Panda Paws

« Reply #2187 on: Monday, February 29, 2016, 17:43:13 »

Marcus Rashford being a prime example....
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #2188 on: Monday, February 29, 2016, 17:46:01 »

Football commentary.  The ridiculous hyperbole.  Everything is a fairytale.  Everything is one of the stories of the season.

Apparently a player scored 2 goals on his debut.  Commentators wanking themselves into a frenzy about how unbelievable this is.

Has anyone got a sense of perspective anymore?  Everything is a fairytale or unbelievable.  The bounds of my credulity are rarely actually stretched by what these tosspots feel is amazing.  Maybe Im just too rational.

Saxondale going off on one, you couldn't write the script.

Wait......... Smiley

(For what it's worth, I completely agree)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #2189 on: Monday, February 29, 2016, 17:53:01 »

I would hate to be anything but predictable.

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 ... 474   Go Up
Print
Jump to: