Pages: 1 ... 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 ... 474   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1650137 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #1860 on: Saturday, November 7, 2015, 11:42:02 »

This is annoying me too, particularly as the Beeb seem to be insisting on dressing it up like they're actually supporting non league football. Patronising fucks.

What a load of bollocks. Salford beating Notts County was just a classic Fa Cup first round upset and good on Giggs, Butt, Scholes and the Nevilles for putting money into a small local club like Salford City. You can see from the recent BBC doc about the club that they are down to earth owners who are determined to see SCFC rise through the pyramid.

Perhaps they should have just sat on their millions and done nothing? That'd have really put some smiles on faces.

Some people need to lighten up, would love Tøwn to have owners like them, real football people with the clubs interests at heart. Not a pop at Power that by the way.
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 7, 2015, 14:05:59 by janaage » Logged
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #1861 on: Saturday, November 7, 2015, 12:59:57 »

^^ Agree. Fair play to Salford, deserved the win
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1862 on: Saturday, November 7, 2015, 13:16:06 »

I struggle to see how five blokes (four of them born locally) investing in their local non-league team is bad for football. It's not like they are throwing money around willy nilly (their record signing was 5k and half of that was based on promotion).
Surely that's better than Foreign Billionaires buying up our clubs.

How many times have we suggested it would be great for a rich person from Swindon to buy our club.

As for the Beeb's interest, in fairness they have just done a two-part documentary (which was widely praised on the Telly Programs thread on here) about the club, so hardly surprising they promoted that & Salford's game.

I'm assuming those who are so anti would have preferred them to buy a league team (Northampton perhaps) and relocate them to Salford.

I get the anti-Man Utd feeling, with their fans arrogance and feeling that they somehow deserve to be winning the league every year (a bit like Liverpool fans of the 70/80's).
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #1863 on: Saturday, November 7, 2015, 14:06:53 »

Spot on Posh. Hopefully Salford get a good draw in round 2 and they'll be back on the box.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1864 on: Saturday, November 7, 2015, 15:09:38 »

The Salford documentary was a real eye opener.

I refused to watch it at first as I thought, here we go 5 ex Man U players throwing their money about.

I watched it on I player and was really impressed on how passionate they were.

Fair play to them.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #1865 on: Saturday, November 7, 2015, 15:21:54 »

The Northampton chairman :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-34750400

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #1866 on: Saturday, November 7, 2015, 16:05:58 »

I struggle to see how five blokes (four of them born locally) investing in their local non-league team is bad for football. It's not like they are throwing money around willy nilly (their record signing was 5k and half of that was based on promotion).
Surely that's better than Foreign Billionaires buying up our clubs.

How many times have we suggested it would be great for a rich person from Swindon to buy our club.

As for the Beeb's interest, in fairness they have just done a two-part documentary (which was widely praised on the Telly Programs thread on here) about the club, so hardly surprising they promoted that & Salford's game.

I'm assuming those who are so anti would have preferred them to buy a league team (Northampton perhaps) and relocate them to Salford.

I get the anti-Man Utd feeling, with their fans arrogance and feeling that they somehow deserve to be winning the league every year (a bit like Liverpool fans of the 70/80's).
Who's anti? All credit to them for doing what they are doing.......and, yes, I'm sure we'd all love a few (rich) ex-Town players to invest in the club.

My point is that the media, and the BBC in particular, are gushing all over them just because it's Man U players involved. If it were any other group of players (unless it involved other media darlings like Gerrard) I doubt we'd have the same level of enthusiasm from the BEEB.

Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #1867 on: Saturday, November 7, 2015, 17:52:30 »

What a load of bollocks. Salford beating Notts County was just a classic Fa Cup first round upset and good on Giggs, Butt, Scholes and the Nevilles for putting money into a small local club like Salford City. You can see from the recent BBC doc about the club that they are down to earth owners who are determined to see SCFC rise through the pyramid.

Perhaps they should have just sat on their millions and done nothing? That'd have really put some smiles on faces.

Some people need to lighten up, would love Tøwn to have owners like them, real football people with the clubs interests at heart. Not a pop at Power that by the way.

Ha, I didn't say it was a bad thing they took over the club. I just said the coverage of it is annoying. Nothing to do with the validity of what they're doing or what I'd like to happen at Town.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1868 on: Saturday, November 7, 2015, 18:12:34 »

Quite amazing really. Are there no uncorrupted people anymore?
Skinny Pete

« Reply #1869 on: Saturday, November 7, 2015, 18:15:34 »

Very few - especially football club owners.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #1870 on: Saturday, November 7, 2015, 18:31:18 »

Ha, I didn't say it was a bad thing they took over the club. I just said the coverage of it is annoying. Nothing to do with the validity of what they're doing or what I'd like to happen at Town.

What 'coverage'? They featured Salford City in a two part documentary, which was brilliant viewing. Then they reported on them beating a league club in the cup? Hardly going over board. Not really fit for 'what's wrong with football'.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #1871 on: Saturday, November 7, 2015, 18:50:41 »

What 'coverage'? They featured Salford City in a two part documentary, which was brilliant viewing. Then they reported on them beating a league club in the cup? Hardly going over board. Not really fit for 'what's wrong with football'.
Yeah, because every non-league club gets the odd two part documentary made about them don't they......
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #1872 on: Saturday, November 7, 2015, 19:14:55 »

It's not exactly a normal story is it? Well worth making a programme as the people involved are in the public eye.

Most if not all the people I've spoken to about really enjoyed it, no matter the individual's club loyalty.

Don't watch it or give it any time of day if you're not interested.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1873 on: Saturday, November 7, 2015, 19:18:40 »

Have we had a documentary about the dongs yet?
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #1874 on: Saturday, November 7, 2015, 19:23:15 »

There's been news stories about them from most outlets, and the post was made before the FA Cup win.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 ... 474   Go Up
Print
Jump to: