Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1629050 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #1320 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 09:37:41 »

I also see that finally football has become an entirely non-contact sport.

Whilst it is unclear what the hell Preston's keeper was doing there, in sliding out he missed ball and player by a country mile, Rooney could have hurdled him but instead fell to the ground with no contact and penalty it is.

In that case where he has not touched the player but by his actions prevented him chasing the ball is that not obstruction?

Don't think referees help with this - if there is no contact and the player doesn't go down they don't give a penalty.

Should have been a penalty whether Rooney went down or not as he was forced to take avoiding action.

But that was an awful and blatant dive. Made worse by Hodgson et al refusing to criticise him for it.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #1321 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 09:44:01 »

I couldn't have been a dive because it was rooney.  He doesn't dive.  He doesn't swear, he doesn't harrangue refs, he doesn't cheat in any way.  I know this because England manager and ex united players in the media tell me so.  He was taking evasive action by diving.  Its different.

Never knowingly overstated.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1322 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 10:12:50 »

It's a strange thing about English football that Kevin Davies attempting to damage anyone who came within five feet of him qualifies him as a "whole hearted footballer" and passes without adverse comment (except on here, but we hate everyone) and, at the other end of the scale, a player diving creates piles of headlines and comment and makes Rooney villain numero uno. Personally when I play I'd much rather someone on the other team dived than tried to remove my head with their elbow at every opportunity.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #1323 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 10:18:57 »

Oh absolutely.  I totally agree that Davies is a cunt.  But so is Rooney and the excusing of his behaviour by his chums pisses me off.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1324 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 10:29:58 »

One other small thing which irritates me...

Player running through, defender cuts across him between him and ball to stop him getting it without playing the ball - obstruction given.

Ball running out or through to keeper, attacker chasing and would reach, defender steps across him to block his passage without making effort to play ball - good defending.

What's the bloody difference!

I have woken up a right grumpy git this morning.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #1325 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 10:31:12 »

It's a strange thing about English football that Kevin Davies attempting to damage anyone who came within five feet of him qualifies him as a "whole hearted footballer" and passes without adverse comment (except on here, but we hate everyone) and, at the other end of the scale, a player diving creates piles of headlines and comment and makes Rooney villain numero uno. Personally when I play I'd much rather someone on the other team dived than tried to remove my head with their elbow at every opportunity.

TOTALLY agree.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1326 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 10:37:50 »

Agreed although I would suspect that we would be quite fond of Davies if he played for us.

But no he is a dirty git!
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #1327 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 10:39:02 »

Agreed although I would suspect that we would be quite fond of Davies if he played for us.

But no he is a dirty git!

No doubt we'd all be singing his name if he played for us, but he doesn't so he's a cunt  Girl Giggle

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1328 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 10:46:52 »

Terrible dive, should have been booked for doing so

I was watching the game without sound and presumed that Rooney had been booked for the dive. I was amazed to see a penalty given and a yellow for the keeper!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1329 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 12:46:51 »

Birmingham's owners have put the holding company into receivership  - assuem this is to do with Yeung wanting to put more of his own people on the board and the FL asking questions

I'm guessing that will mean BFC being deducted points wasn't it Jeremy Wray with a consortium that made an offer to buy brum once upon a time
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1330 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 12:58:58 »

Wray was still looking at Brum in Dec 2014/
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #1331 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 13:34:29 »

I was watching the game without sound and presumed that Rooney had been booked for the dive. I was amazed to see a penalty given and a yellow for the keeper!

You and me both.  I was thinking, someone finally standing up to Rooney and was amazed when I saw him stepping up to take a pen.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1332 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 13:38:50 »

it's a shame it's now acceptable as being 'part of the game'.

I even heard of a local u11s team that had half a practice session on how to dive ffs. no idea if this is true I suppose, but if it was my lads team he'd be straight out of there. thankfully both the teams my son has played for try and play hard but fair..
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1333 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 13:42:58 »

the teams my son has played for try and play hard but fair..

You are not Kevin Davies dad are you?

The whole thing was odd, it Rooney hadn't dived he would probably have been taken out by the keeper anyway - but instead he did a swan dive.

BTW has anyone else noticed how much Rooney and Van Gaal look like each other, don't know whether its the unnatural hairline that both have but he really looks like his dad.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #1334 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 13:43:53 »

it's a shame it's now acceptable as being 'part of the game'.

I even heard of a local u11s team that had half a practice session on how to dive ffs. no idea if this is true I suppose, but if it was my lads team he'd be straight out of there. thankfully both the teams my son has played for try and play hard but fair..

It's not a bad session... If you're a goalkeeper.

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: