Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1629866 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1275 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 12:42:19 »

We are in complete agreement!

Summarised as the FA are toothless and Scudamore is a prick!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1276 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 12:47:10 »

He really is quite a reprehensible human being isn't he?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/11/richard-scudamore-premier-league-responsibility-living-wage
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1277 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 12:52:58 »

You'd think he'd just respond with a "that's down to the individual clubs" bland statement wouldn't you....
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #1278 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 13:12:47 »

Scudamore must be one of the most revolting human beings to have ever inhabited the earth.

Premier League: Hitler, Stalin, Genghis Khan...
Championship: Jack the Ripper, Fred West, Jihadi John...
League 1: Rupert Murdoch, Margaret Thatcher, Robert Maxwell...
League 2: Richard Scudamore, David Mellor, Jed McCrory...

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1279 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 13:12:47 »

Never paid for televised football and never will. If there were no fans (viewers) then the ridiculous salaries wouldn't exist.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1280 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 13:18:11 »

Quality, although Jed is more evostick league really Smiley
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1281 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 13:20:47 »

Now here's a contest to rival "TEFs hardest animal". "TEFs least favourite shitbag" - will we go for a world stage prick or a local anti-hero? A modern day world ruiner or a villain of yore?

It'd be like that BBC 100 Best Britons thing except Jeremy Clarkson would be on the list rather than presenting it...
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #1282 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 13:28:34 »

I'd place him (Scudamore) top of league one, with the 82ers!

Edit - No Pol Pot?

Double edit - or Bonnie Langford?
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 13:34:11 by Gnasher » Logged

Cats are better than dogs FACT
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #1283 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 14:47:10 »

Being a Slave Trader, he's not used to paying for labour so its probably quite a peculiar argument for him.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #1284 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 15:16:07 »

I finally got around to reading the article and frankly, I don't know what Scudamore has said wrong. There's a national minimum wage which clubs have to adhere to, like any other business. If politicians think there needs to be a different measure for businesses which "make a lot of money", then they should legislate for it. We get a lot of similar pontificating about the banks and offshore businesses like Google, but you can't blame companies for adhering strictly to the existing laws. Rather than these cheap soundbites, they should sit down and table a bill.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #1285 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 22:05:18 »

I finally got around to reading the article and frankly, I don't know what Scudamore has said wrong. There's a national minimum wage which clubs have to adhere to, like any other business. If politicians think there needs to be a different measure for businesses which "make a lot of money", then they should legislate for it. We get a lot of similar pontificating about the banks and offshore businesses like Google, but you can't blame companies for adhering strictly to the existing laws. Rather than these cheap soundbites, they should sit down and table a bill.
I think it is his inability to even suggest that he would want to see clubs pay a living wage, or for the PL to ensure an increased proportion of the wealth is filtered down to the lower leagues and 'grass roots'. Just like a politician, he hides behind 'market forces' and his 'employers', when he could quite easily proffer a personal opinion or preferred direction he wants to take the PL.

His interview did nothing to sway my opinion that the PL is a bag of self-serving shite that deserves to burst open and stain the limp dick that is the FA.
kerry red

« Reply #1286 on: Thursday, February 12, 2015, 10:43:08 »

If Sky have got this sort of money to throw around perhaps they should spend some replacing the useless bints they use to front their SSN programme.

That useless fucker who does match reports, the useless blond Irish shagger and the rest apart from Natalie Sawyer and Alex Greaves who actually know what they are talking about instead of just looking pretty reading from the autocue
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1287 on: Thursday, February 12, 2015, 10:44:03 »

I'd place him (Scudamore) top of league one, with the 82ers!

Edit - No Pol Pot?

Double edit - or Bonnie Langford?

I think Scudamore has a lot of competition and really is non-league quality when it comes to the aforementioned table, there are a lot of considerably more unpleasant people out there- they just keep it quieter!

I would be interested to see where people place Tony Blair in that league table!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1288 on: Thursday, February 12, 2015, 10:48:38 »

I think the thing is the politicians like to press the living wage thing when it suits them, and football as 'the peoples game' (TM) is an easy target which will get some column inches, however legislating for it is an entirely different matter - similarly to the fact that Labour now bang on constantly about tax evasion having done bugger all about it when they had the chance between 1997 and 2010.

Scudamore is employed by the clubs to maximise income, he starts criticising his employers and they will rapidly find someone else happy to earn a 6 figure salary and tow the party line.

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1289 on: Thursday, February 12, 2015, 10:49:22 »

I never fail to conclude that Chelsea Football Club seem to personify everything that is wrong with football.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: