Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1630411 times)

Ignore
« Reply #1260 on: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 18:02:06 »

The fan who turns up doesn't really mean fuck all to clubs now. Even though the money to the fan to attend is expensive it barely makes an impact to the club. Tv money is blowing it away. It's insane. The arse will fall out of it eventually though I think, fingers crossed.
Then maybe footballers will be paid more realistically and fans may matter again.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #1261 on: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 18:04:14 »

I don't subscribe to Sky Sports or BT Sports. There's way too much football and I dare say that the 'Saturday 3pm' ban will be lifted in a matter of seasons.

Personally, I'd still much rather attend games than stay at home. I can certainly see the appeal because I spent most of university days watching relevant and irrelevant football on big screens in the union but it's just not for me anymore.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1262 on: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 18:10:12 »

I don't subscribe to Sky Sports or BT Sports.
Ditto, they will never get a penny out of me.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1263 on: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 18:47:50 »

I get BT sports, but only as part of broadband. Can see that deal being dropped soon, they have champions  and won't be giving it away..

Some depressing figures:
 BT paid £960m (+30%), Sky £4.18bn (+83%), so Sky paying 11m per game, BT £7.6m per game

Good luck with the price rises Sky Sports subscribers.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 18:51:48 by Batch » Logged
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #1264 on: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 19:01:16 »

I don't directly subscribe to Sky Sports as its part of my Virgin TiVo package along with free BT Sports. I do like to watch Premiership football occasional but not every game that's broadcast. I'd be happy just to watch the major games down the pub if Sky put their residential subscriptions up.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1265 on: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 19:11:24 »

I get BT sports, but only as part of broadband. Can see that deal being dropped soon, they have champions  and won't be giving it away

I hope they split it out- I like watching the rugby and European league football but wouldn't pay 30 odd quid a month to subsidise the CL and Prem games.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1266 on: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 19:20:05 »

I hope they split it out- I like watching the rugby and European league football but wouldn't pay 30 odd quid a month to subsidise the CL and Prem games.

They could do. It kind of makes sense for them to give some Prem games free in the 'broadband pack' to entice people over to their broadband.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1267 on: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 19:21:09 »

I don't subscribe to sky or bt sport either. I see the town goals on the internet and we live 100 yards from a decent boozer so if I want to watch a game I'll go down the battle cruiser.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #1268 on: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 19:40:46 »

Im sure it will all trickle down to the other clubs and the grass roots.  Players and agents wont keep it all.

I may be being slightly sarcastic.

I seem to remember when I first started watching football people would bang on about how its ok for players to be paid well as its a short career.  Fuckers only have to work for a month to be set for life.  Load of old shit.

Never knowingly overstated.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #1269 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 09:06:57 »

I do have Sky, but I've been watching less and less PL games over the years.

There is just too many games on TV, and with games now being shown on Friday nights, I feel for the FL, as that was one of their slots, even though Sky have 'lost' the 5.30pm slot on Sat nights, so the FL games can go there, assuming they want the TV rights.

Hopefully Virgin will lose their appeal to Ofcom, otherwise I worry for the game in this country.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #1270 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 12:03:49 »

The Premier League is "a success story" but not a charity, its chief executive Richard Scudamore has said over criticism on a record £5.14bn TV deal.

Scudamore must be one of the most revolting human beings to have ever inhabited the earth.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #1271 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 12:19:38 »

Scudamore must be one of the most revolting human beings to have ever inhabited the earth.

Well he is a fan of the '82'ers' !!

And just imagine what his 'bonus' will be for 'negotiating' this deal.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1272 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 12:31:36 »

Its hard to argue that 'brand EPL' isn't doing well under his guidance.

Financially of course, and at the expense of what's good for wider football, but who cares, right.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1273 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 12:38:30 »

Its hard to argue that 'brand EPL' isn't doing well under his guidance.

Financially of course, and at the expense of what's good for wider football, but who cares, right.

Which is what Scudamore is paid to do, maximise returns for his paymasters the Premier League clubs, he is not the moral compass of football or thinking of the wider game - that's not his job that's the FA's gig!

I am not for a minute saying I agree with it in any way, but taking an entirely business approach to it Scudamore is doing what he is paid to do... and doing it bloody well!

Still an objectionable twat though, he and Gordon Taylor bloody deserve each other!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1274 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 12:40:10 »

We are in complete agreement!
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: