Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1628977 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #945 on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 08:00:57 »

Clarke Carlisle always has to have his say.
You know how this stuff works right? The programme producers decide they want to have a discussion on a topic of the day. They discuss who might be a good choice. In this instance, a former chair of the PFA and current Kick It Out ambassador who also knows the man right at the eye of the storm, would seem to be a reasonable choice. That's not so much "Clarke Carlisle always has to have his say" as "The producers rang Clarke Carlisle and asked him to be on the show as someone who could shed some light on the topic from multiple relevant perspectives that many of their listeners might not have access to" perhaps?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #946 on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 08:30:32 »

This was covered on 5 live earlier. Clarke Carlisle and then Redknapp both took the "but Malky is a good bloke" line. It was pathetic. The fact he has friends in the game doesn't change what he said and must not exonerate him. It was the Jewish comments that got me in particular.

I hope the FA strip him of his licence for a couple of years. Kick racism out of football, after all.

What did he say/text? Is it online somewhere?

With texts and FB and all that shit, if I was in the public eye, I wouldn't bother.

Clems Army!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #947 on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 10:03:18 »

Redknapp said "he hasn't raped anyone" (quote) and words to the effect of "he's a good sort".

Carlisle said he'd played with and was friends with Mackay, and knew that he was a good guy. He also said Mackay would not have seen the LMA "banter"  statement, so as to defend him.
Brad Friedel (who speaks very very well) then pointed out how ridiculous it sounded for a manager to allow a union to send out a press release without putting it through the manager first. Carlisle v quickly back tracked and said, "I'm sure he would have seen it",  as if nobody noticed what he'd originally said. Carlisle came across as a right fool.

The way I see it, Mackay may have been friendly to many in the game, and had some close mates, but if the FA wants to (very rightly) throw people out of grounds and ban them for racist chanting, then if Mackay repeatedly puts it in writing, he should be given the same treatment. No licence and a ban from grounds.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #948 on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 11:29:46 »

To me this is quite simple. If him and moody were exchanging texts on mobile phones provided to them to conduct their work on behalf of Cardiff then they are bang to rights and have no defence. They have to take whats coming to them which personally I hope is never working in football ever again and their colleagues denouncing them. They appear to have covered all the isms.
If they were using private phones then its an infringement of their privacy and they should be suing. 
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #949 on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 11:57:08 »

Does what phone they were using really make a difference to what they said? Calling someone a 'grasping Jew' is surely the same whether you do it on your work phone or your personal one.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #950 on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 12:27:01 »

I think it does. One is professional, the other is private. In private, people can hold whatever repellent views they want, they are also at liberty to communicate these to their friends taking the risk that their friends will keep them private. Cardiff and the FA can hold him responsible for expressing those views in a work related capacity. What he does in private though is his concern. 
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #951 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 17:37:10 »

Sky advertising transfer deadline day as if it's some sort of entertainment.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #952 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 17:40:21 »

Yeah the bit where they do a totaliser of money spunked, really irks me
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #953 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 17:58:26 »

Considering everything else Sky have done to fuck up football, their advertising of the soap opera that is transfer deadline day is something I'd find it difficult to get irritated by tbh.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #954 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 23:32:40 »

Considering everything else Sky have done to fuck up football, their advertising of the soap opera that is transfer deadline day is something I'd find it difficult to get irritated by tbh.
It's pretty fucking shit to be fair Paul. It looks to me that you are becoming anaesthetised by Sky's bullshit which, frankly, I find slightly concerning as I've always had you down as one of the sharper tools in the box.

If you're accepting it then there's no hope for the rest.

It really is one of the many things that is fundamentally wrong with football.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #955 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 01:31:25 »

Yeah the bit where they do a totaliser of money spunked, really irks me

Quite, I've said it before but I hate the way they bellow the total amount spent on players in that particular window. It's presented as if it's something we should be impressed by. To be honest I look at the total, fall out of love with the game a bit more and wonder how many children's cancer wards that figure could fund.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #956 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 08:11:09 »

It's pretty fucking shit to be fair Paul. It looks to me that you are becoming anaesthetised by Sky's bullshit which, frankly, I find slightly concerning as I've always had you down as one of the sharper tools in the box.

If you're accepting it then there's no hope for the rest.

It really is one of the many things that is fundamentally wrong with football.
Not accepting it at all, in fact I haven't seen it, just think that of all the many things Sky's malign influence has fucked up in English football (and looking at Murdoch's empire generally, English life), making a "thing" of transfer deadline day isn't that high up the list. It would be a thing whether or not Sky hyped it up, as all the other media would make a huge deal out of it as well. The obscene amounts being spent, on both players and wages, is another matter
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #957 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 08:42:17 »

If all the people who complain about Sky didn't purchase their products, then there wouldn't be an issue with them, would there?

It's All Good..............
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #958 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 08:52:23 »

If all the people who complain about Sky didn't purchase their products, then there wouldn't be an issue with them, would there?

the reason I will never purchase sky, they've fucked football. But little old me not buying makes no difference to them

I come from a land down-under
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #959 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 08:55:00 »

I quite like the transfer deadline day coverage.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: