Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1629562 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #690 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 21:18:47 »

I never said I was consistent..

I think the situations are different - MK stole a club.  Celtic and Rangers are historic clubs who suffer from the, albeit professional, league that they play in.  When that situation occurs in our country - which is the UK (we've conned FIFA and most of the world for a long time that England is a nation) - it doesn't make a lot of sense.  And yes - if you take that to its logical conclusion, I would support a UK premier league, with regionalised lower divisions.

That's fair enough. And I could see the argument for that, but if we're going to do that, we should do that, not half-arse it. How would promotion work though? Automatic admission to the UKPL for one team each from the English, Welsh, Scottish and Norn Irish football leagues (I could see the likes of Linfield struggling on their turn)? Or two teams each into a round-robin play off? Or weighted according to some kind of horrific UEFA-coefficient style system?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #691 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 21:19:46 »

I would support a UK premier league, with regionalised lower divisions.

Stuff that. I bloody wouldn't, it would be crap.

And when it comes to football, we are England. The UK only existed for one Olympic games in my lifetime.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #692 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 07:18:53 »

It seems pretty simple to me.

If you are welsh you should be in the welsh league. If you are scottish you play in the scottish league.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #693 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 09:51:37 »

Couldn't give a fuck about Rangers or Celtic for that matter. rangers are bent as fuck and as for Celtic they'd bring more supporters to away games than the bloody home fans

« Reply #694 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 09:53:15 »

Do we really want hordes of hairy-arsed jocks running amok in our green and pleasant land?
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #695 on: Friday, April 25, 2014, 14:36:58 »

Rangers...

After spending/wasting £70m in 2 years by winning the lowest two divisions, despite having the 2nd biggest turnover in Scottish football they want another £30m 'invested'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27153739

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #696 on: Friday, April 25, 2014, 14:54:03 »

A friend of mine who is a Man U fan facebooked the other day

'Moyes gets the boot, United share price increases by nearly 8% on the NYSE.'

I messaged back

'Football thing happens, fan talks about the stock exchange. I know its the way of things but I just wish it wasnt so'

When something you love becomes purely a business, its time to start reassessing your love.

Never knowingly overstated.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #697 on: Friday, April 25, 2014, 19:56:22 »

Rangers...

After spending/wasting £70m in 2 years by winning the lowest two divisions, despite having the 2nd biggest turnover in Scottish football they want another £30m 'invested'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27153739

Agreed the way Rangers have conducted themselves in the lower leagues, financially, is a disgrace.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #698 on: Friday, April 25, 2014, 20:02:47 »

Up the Gers  Smiley
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #699 on: Friday, April 25, 2014, 21:05:22 »

Fuck them

Ignore
« Reply #700 on: Sunday, April 27, 2014, 00:39:18 »

Chester getting relegated on goal difference. After all their struggles in recent years I was hoping they could stay up after their rise through the leagues. You have to wonder if they can bounce back again. Hope they do
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #701 on: Sunday, April 27, 2014, 09:27:50 »

That's fair enough. And I could see the argument for that, but if we're going to do that, we should do that, not half-arse it. How would promotion work though? Automatic admission to the UKPL for one team each from the English, Welsh, Scottish and Norn Irish football leagues (I could see the likes of Linfield struggling on their turn)? Or two teams each into a round-robin play off? Or weighted according to some kind of horrific UEFA-coefficient style system?

And do we change our minds on this if Scotland becomes independent?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #702 on: Sunday, April 27, 2014, 10:58:40 »

And do we change our minds on this if Scotland becomes independent?

One of the many benefits accruing when the Sweaties vote Yes in September, is that we'll be able to ditch the pretence that anyone is interested in Scottish football, and not clutter up media with the results of Brechin City etc.

Not certain how it will effect Berwick Rangers mind, as I'm unsure UEFA will sanction them competing in a foreign country.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #703 on: Sunday, April 27, 2014, 12:04:44 »

Nile Ranger

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #704 on: Monday, April 28, 2014, 13:06:43 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27192069 Wimbledon deducted 3 points for fielding ineligible player. And for not being Sunderland.

Yes yes, fl v pl justice.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: