Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1629176 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #675 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 20:45:04 »

Go on. Name one.

Seem to remember Cardiff's captain (Johnson?) having his red card overturned before the FA Cup a few years ago?

Generally though, fine with Cardiff being in the English leagues. Wouldn't mind Scottish teams as long as they joined from the bottom, which they won't. Tan is a mentalist though.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #676 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 20:52:21 »

Oh good - a nice bit of Wales bashing. .... [big rant cropped out] 
It was a tongue in cheek throwaway joke, actually, but happy to act as a stepladder for you to mount your high horse
And before anyone asks - yes, I would happily have Celtic and Rangers in the football league.
You were doing quite well until this bit - which English (or Welsh) clubs would you happily chuck out to make way for them?
kerry red

« Reply #677 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 20:52:42 »

Taffs are here due to history.

The sweaties can fuck right off
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #678 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 20:54:34 »

You were doing quite well until this bit - which English (or Welsh) clubs would you happily chuck out to make way for them?

Well, Franchise can go for a start...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #679 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 20:57:10 »

Well, Franchise can go for a start...
Well obviously. But they shouldn't be in in the first place. And they should be replaced by a proper club that deserves the place and has worked their way up. Not some shambolic bankrupt sectarian Glaswegian usurpers.
Baggins

Ignore
« Reply #680 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 21:01:05 »

No high horse - just an opinion that differs from yours.  Hope that's OK.   I'd happily chuck the Europa league and make the premier league 22 teams again.  That allows for two more teams starting in league 2 or the conference with no extra fixture congestion at the top in a competition nobody wants to be in anyway.  Tim Sherwood essentially said that today.

And yes - whoever said Franchise can go is right.  There's an argument for Bristol City 1982 as well.  
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #681 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 21:03:37 »

They have a core of nasty fans.  They also have a majority of really friendly fans.  It a very friendly, lively city - much friendlier than you might think.  There's a lot of culture there and a good amount of diversity.

Disclaimer: I may or may not have lived in Cardiff for a while...

We are going for a work away day (well night actually) in Cardiff in a few weeks.  Not sure whether to look forward to or dread it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #682 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 21:05:15 »

I'd happily chuck the Europa league and make the premier league 22 teams again.  That allows for two more teams starting in league 2 or the conference with no extra fixture congestion at the top in a competition nobody wants to be in anyway.  Tim Sherwood essentially said that today.
No problem with making room for two more teams in the English league system, but I don't see the argument for two Scottish teams filling those slots. It's wrong in the same way as the abomination that is the Milton Keynes Franchise monster is wrong, baffled how you can be opposed to one but advocate the other
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #683 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 21:07:09 »

Cardiff used to be a half decent night out. Assume it still is. Got it's chav element, but where hasn't.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #684 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 21:09:06 »

No high horse - just an opinion that differs from yours.
It doesn't, or rather I don't really care, my initial post was a joke. You just missed it.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #685 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 21:09:32 »

Go on. Name one.

There has been an instance of a Cardiff player's red card not beng overturned but no additional punishment, which meant they were not suspended for the play-offs.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #686 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 21:11:29 »

There has been an instance of a Cardiff player's red card not beng overturned but no additional punishment, which meant they were not suspended for the play-offs.

Go on. Name another.
Baggins

Ignore
« Reply #687 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 21:12:24 »

I never said I was consistent..

I think the situations are different - MK stole a club.  Celtic and Rangers are historic clubs who suffer from the, albeit professional, league that they play in.  When that situation occurs in our country - which is the UK (we've conned FIFA and most of the world for a long time that England is a nation) - it doesn't make a lot of sense.  And yes - if you take that to its logical conclusion, I would support a UK premier league, with regionalised lower divisions.
Baggins

Ignore
« Reply #688 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 21:13:47 »

It doesn't, or rather I don't really care, my initial post was a joke. You just missed it.

I probably did miss it.  Please accept my apologies.  I'm not the brightest.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #689 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 21:14:44 »

I probably did miss it.  Please accept my apologies.  I'm not the brightest.
In fairness it wasn't very funny, so easily missed.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: