Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1630337 times)
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #615 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 07:47:35 »

I would never expect or demand it but was quite happy to take it afte witnessing our trouncing at Macc. I took it for what it was, a gesture my the players and management. Nothing more. Sorry if that makes me what's wrong with football. :-)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 08:19:29 »

I would never expect or demand it but was quite happy to take it afte witnessing our trouncing at Macc. I took it for what it was, a gesture my the players and management. Nothing more. Sorry if that makes me what's wrong with football. :-)

You'd be stupid not to accept the refund. I just don't think clubs should make the gesture.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 08:40:07 »

You'd be stupid not to accept the refund. I just don't think clubs should make the gesture.

Have to beg to differ although I appreciate it could spiral out if control. No one should ever expect it but I appreciated the management/players wanted to make the gesture (from their own pockets). If it gets to the stage when the club starts doing it then it's more ridiculous. They all get paid a hell of a lot more than the average supporter (even at this level) and we pay to watch them. We're mugs really but I liked the fact they wanted to give something back even if it was only a token gesture.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #618 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 08:54:05 »

Anyone remember the bloke on the Town End roof that time, now that was funny
"fathers for justice"
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #619 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 09:05:57 »

Have to beg to differ although I appreciate it could spiral out if control. No one should ever expect it but I appreciated the management/players wanted to make the gesture (from their own pockets). If it gets to the stage when the club starts doing it then it's more ridiculous. They all get paid a hell of a lot more than the average supporter (even at this level) and we pay to watch them. We're mugs really but I liked the fact they wanted to give something back even if it was only a token gesture.

My original point is that, in my opinion, we've reached that point. Norwich City players are refunding fans for a 3-0 loss and that is ridiculous.
kerry red

« Reply #620 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 09:18:27 »

I'll tell you what's wrong with football.

Lst night I found myself actually wanting Man U to win.

Now, that just ain't right
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #621 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 09:31:53 »

Stone him!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #622 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 09:34:10 »

Natural to root for the underdog, especially when it's against ze Germans.
kerry red

« Reply #623 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 09:39:44 »

I don't mind the Germans, it's Robben I detest
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #624 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 09:46:27 »

Stone him!

Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #625 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 10:16:05 »

My original point is that, in my opinion, we've reached that point. Norwich City players are refunding fans for a 3-0 loss and that is ridiculous.

I wouldn't disagree with that.

I wanted Man U to win too. That's because of Ze Germans and Robben. I make no excuse and will take my punishment.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #626 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 11:33:54 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26852466

Barcelonas dodgy transfers dealing resulting in a 14 month transfer ban, which they will probably be able to get round somehow and a fine of a weeks wages for Rooney.

This cant be true.  I thought Barca were footballing mother theresas.  Their football hovering above and beyond beauty, transcending the vulgar bind of commerce to produce metaphysical beauty akin to the poetry of William Blake, and the luminescence of Van Goghs greatest work.  Or you'd think that is the case if you believe the media.

Turns out they're just another dodgy corrupt footy team lubricated not by genius but by cash and dodgy business.

Never knowingly overstated.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #627 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 11:38:32 »

...and then you go and spoil it all by writing 'footy' which makes you worse than Barcelona.

Smiley
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #628 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 11:40:38 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26852466

Barcelonas dodgy transfers dealing resulting in a 14 month transfer ban, which they will probably be able to get round somehow and a fine of a weeks wages for Rooney.

This cant be true.  I thought Barca were footballing mother theresas.  Their football hovering above and beyond beauty, transcending the vulgar bind of commerce to produce metaphysical beauty akin to the poetry of William Blake, and the luminescence of Van Goghs greatest work.  Or you'd think that is the case if you believe the media.

Turns out they're just another dodgy corrupt footy team lubricated not by genius but by cash and dodgy business.

And don't forget their non payment of taxes on the Neymar transfer of over 12m Euros, of which 'they did nothing wrong' and their debts apparently in excess of 600m Euros, which surely are against FFP, but nobody mentions that.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #629 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 12:31:19 »

And don't forget their non payment of taxes on the Neymar transfer of over 12m Euros, of which 'they did nothing wrong' and their debts apparently in excess of 600m Euros, which surely are against FFP, but nobody mentions that.

Up against Real Madrid who are essentially funded by the state, the whole situation in Spanish football is so skewed to the big two it makes Scotland look like a balanced league - which will make it all the sweeter if Athletico Madrid win the title!

Actually that approach looks like a good idea, I can see certain clubs adopting that approach where they have squads of players that are all attractive to the bigger teams - sorry we cannot sell any players for 2 years!!

Actually in typing this, how does this stand with the whole restraint of trade business, player wil challenge in Euro courts and it will quietly go away.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: