Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1629007 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #585 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 10:38:05 »

I don't know if he's really something wrong with football but he's a bit of a cunt nonetheless.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26755772
He only took over there when the publicity of the Sky TV programme about being a manager with Ron Atkinson.

After Iffy stopped them filming at Swindon they needed a replacement...so they turned to Posh.

MacAnthony saw it on TV and wanted to be part of it, the rest is history....

Maybe if Iffy had let the series run to its conclusion then he would have bought STFC and not Posh.

http://thewashbag.com/2012/06/01/hall-of-shame-14/

Since September 2006 MacAnthony has been chairman of Peterborough United F.C. Outgoing chairman Barry Fry cited a Sky One documentary, Big Ron Manager, as a factor in attracting investment from MacAnthony. Legally obliged to give first refusal to a third party (Peterborough United Holdings Ltd) in the event of a sale, Fry retained 99.8% ownership of the club, but MacAnthony gained power of attorney for the club's affairs.

MacAnthony took over as chairman at Peterborough at the age of 30, making him the youngest chairman in the Football League. As a sign of his ambition, a printed note from MacAnthony was added to Peterborough United's match programme in August 2007. In it, he promised fans promotion from League Two to the Championship in two seasons, which was duly delivered, though the club were subsequently relegated to League One. MacAnthony became owner of the club in August 2007, buying the club for a nominal £1 after taking on the club's debts.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #586 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 10:59:12 »

Mourinho's excuse for having a go at the ball boy yesterday...

'Mourinho also explained why he ran to a ball boy in injury time after the youngster failed to release the ball to Azpilicueta promptly."It is not right to educate kids to do that," said Mourinh."I went to stop [Azpilicueta]. I was afraid he would lose control of his emotions and push the kid or do something like Eden [Hazard] did last year at Swansea."I told the boy to not do that. I told him if he does this, 'one day somebody will punch you'."Hazard was sent off in a League Cup game at Swansea last season when he tried to kick a ball away from underneath a ball boy who had fallen on top of it.'

Perhaps Jose it might be better to have a word with your players and perhaps confirm that punching kids isn't really right.

The fact that the bloody media had bought into his suggestion that chelsea were some sort of lowly underdogs in the title race has been bad enough, but the fact that no one is questioning that him and his objectionable team seem to be losing the plot is as bad.
Totally agree. Lets face it Chelsea players are and have been role models under Mourinho. I give you John Racist Cunt Terry, Ashley fuck anything in a skirt Cole, Frank shag anything in a skirt Lampard, Obe two footed Mikel, cheating diving Ramires and I could go on. Get your own house in order Mourinho before you go slagging off young lads. The fact that he thinks his own player could slap a young lad says it all really. 
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #587 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 19:01:05 »

Apparently (and I mean according to Twitter, so expect him to sign a ten year contract) Sherwood is about to be sacked as he's punched a Spurs player in the face.

I'm not sure what I think about this other than "what a lemon"
kerry red

« Reply #588 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 19:15:52 »

Should be more of it.

My maths teacher did the same to me and I turned out OK
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #589 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 19:16:32 »

Think Sherwood was always going to be a stopgap, punch or no punch. The results under him haven't exactly helped.
Flashheart

« Reply #590 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 19:23:46 »

Sign him up.

I love nut-job managers, they're fun. I wish Cooper would punch somebody in the face.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #591 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 19:40:59 »

Must admit I don't follow the PL like I used to as a kid (and Canon League 1 way before that) but I watched the game earlier and I really haven't heard of at least half of the Spurs team. I thought the Fulham manager was one of those matchday sponsors too.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #592 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 21:40:45 »

I remember Macari punching Foley at Fratton Park, when asked afterwards if he had hit Foley he said something along the lines of "Yes & I wish I'd hit him harder"
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #593 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 08:25:28 »

Totally agree. Lets face it Chelsea players are and have been role models under Mourinho. I give you John Racist Cunt Terry, Ashley fuck anything in a skirt Cole, Frank shag anything in a skirt Lampard, Obe two footed Mikel, cheating diving Ramires and I could go on. Get your own house in order Mourinho before you go slagging off young lads. The fact that he thinks his own player could slap a young lad says it all really. 
So your bitterness towards Chelski doesn't get the better of you?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #594 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 10:44:40 »

I'm bitter towards everything and everyone
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #595 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 11:48:03 »

90 quid for the new England shirt if you are mental enough to buy it.

There is also another version (stadium) which is 60 quid
« Last Edit: Monday, March 31, 2014, 11:49:37 by tans » Logged
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #596 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 11:50:42 »

Sherwood v Ranger next season will be fun then

I come from a land down-under
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 12:00:55 »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2592727/Is-Ross-Barkley-heading-Brazil-Everton-ace-joins-Wayne-Rooney-Co-England-unveil-two-new-strips-World-Cup.html

Rooney was joined by Ross Barkley as the Everton midfielder continues to enjoy a breakthrough season, Arsenal's Jack Wilshere, currently sidelined with a broken foot, Liverpool's Raheem Sterling and Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere.

It seems nobody knows who the fuck Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is Smiley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #598 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 12:39:53 »

Is that true? Why so much? I thought it would be around £50 ish.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #599 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 14:38:08 »

Is that true? Why so much? I thought it would be around £50 ish.
Well, it's got "cooling technology" innit? And it's the "ultimate" way of supporting England at the World Cup too. Well worth 90 quid of anyone's money that.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: