Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1629885 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Sunday, May 19, 2013, 18:30:20 »

Given the choice for next season of us finishing 3rd and making the playoffs, or 7th and winning the JPT which would you go for?

Given our recent record in the play-offs, a Wembley win.

That said, if you win the play-offs you get a trophy. Wink

I guess the question should be, would you have preferred to have won the JPT this season or lose the play-offs?
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Sunday, May 19, 2013, 22:39:22 »

I preferred the original playoffs, when the team 'just about good enough to stay up' played the teams 'not quite good enough to go up'.

I'd forgotten about that.  Anyone know why it changed?  It's also a shame they changed the away goals rule, would have seen us through to the final

What did Harlee Dean do?  Apart from spelling his name like a cunt.

He celebrated directly in front of the Swindon fans when he scored at Griffin Park goading us and telling us all to shhhhhhhhhush. 
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #317 on: Sunday, May 19, 2013, 23:24:16 »

Also he looks like a neo nazi, oh and he's best mates with John Terry.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 16:16:51 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22627036

UEFA banning clubs for financial reasons but not for racism.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #319 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 17:52:53 »

It would be wrong to ban a team from Europe because of racism. If it's the fans being racist play it behind closed doors, otherwise why punish a team for something that is out of their control? Debts on the other hand are the club's fault.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 19:56:35 »

The ridiculous hoohah over Beckham's last game for PSG

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 20:03:44 »

I think I've missed it.  Are they going overboard with the adulation?  I think he seems a decent chap so I don't begrudge it really.

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 20:06:34 »

People I've grown up with (I live in the Welsh Valleys) openly changing the football team they 'support'. The amount of Cardiff 'fans' & new season ticket holders around here makes me fucking sick.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 20:19:16 »

People I've grown up with (I live in the Welsh Valleys) openly changing the football team they 'support'. The amount of Cardiff 'fans' & new season ticket holders around here makes me fucking sick.

Urgh, I cannot understand changing allegiance.  More often than not, Swindon are dogshite but it just makes the occasional bit of success all the more enjoyable.

Arnold.J.Rimmer

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 22:02:48 »

Who did they support before?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 22:06:48 »

Who did they support before?

If they came from the valleys they probably didn't care about football, they were too busy shagging their siblings/parents/cousins/family sheep.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 22:13:06 »

I'm not quite sure how and when it happened (I guess when he left England) but David Beckham has quietly and bizzarely become one of the most underrated England players of all time. Waddle's tripe the other day about not being in the top 1000 players of the Premiership era was fucking mental, the man finished second in the Balon D'or behind Rivaldo in 1999 and Zinedine Zidane described him as one of the best player he'd ever played with.

More to the point, he busted his gut for England and showed the kind of passion that we always gnash our teeth about players lacking in the three lions and dragged a shit team around for much of the late 90s/early 00s. Sure, he played on way past his prime and yes, he took a lot of easy money in LA. But he is one of the best English players in my lifetime, and no amount of jealousy about his lifestyle, wife or laughing at his lack of intelligence should overshadow that.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 22:24:16 »

I'm not quite sure how and when it happened (I guess when he left England) but David Beckham has quietly and bizzarely become one of the most underrated England players of all time. Waddle's tripe the other day about not being in the top 1000 players of the Premiership era was fucking mental, the man finished second in the Balon D'or behind Rivaldo in 1999 and Zinedine Zidane described him as one of the best player he'd ever played with.

More to the point, he busted his gut for England and showed the kind of passion that we always gnash our teeth about players lacking in the three lions and dragged a shit team around for much of the late 90s/early 00s. Sure, he played on way past his prime and yes, he took a lot of easy money in LA. But he is one of the best English players in my lifetime, and no amount of jealousy about his lifestyle, wife or laughing at his lack of intelligence should overshadow that.

joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 22:37:13 »

Totally agree Nemo.  Beckham was a game changing player who gave 100% for club and country.  There's not many people who could turn themselves from a hate figure in 1998 to what he became.

People who slag him off are quick to overlook the massive amount of work he does for charity as well.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 22:54:09 »

Indeed.

Went to LA for the money and lifestyle too soon. He was only 32 when he signed for them - which in some cases can still be the peak of your career. Lampard, Scholes and Giggs have all played at the top level (at a reduced rate admittedly) well past 32.

if he'd wait till he was 35 before going out there I think more people would have understood...
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: