Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1629139 times)
jonah

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, November 11, 2012, 18:30:58 »

Diving
Petulant and argumentative players on the pitch
Poor value for money thats worse in the Premier League pricing most fans out of going to games
Players who are overpaid prima donnas
No loyalty in players
Tackling being punished so that it is becoming a non-contact sport gradually

This.

Plus - with regard to the national game England and World Cup etc - the football feels like an after thought now - money/corporation/matchday experience bollocks.

I've gone off internationals due to what I perceive to be a lack of passion from some senior England players. Playing in European Cup or Champions League (I believe that's what it's called now) take precedence. Presumably because they earn more money..... Would love to see England put out a load of lower league lads who really really want to play for England and show some commitment and desire (might watch England more then)!

Wiltshire boy born and bred - long in arm thick in 'ead.......
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, November 11, 2012, 18:34:17 »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2231071/James-McClean-refuses-wear-poppy.html

Pricks like this...obviously he forgets about thousands of his countrymen who paid the ultimate for people like himself to ponce about and earn thousands every week.

Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, November 11, 2012, 18:38:47 »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2231071/James-McClean-refuses-wear-poppy.html

Pricks like this...obviously he forgets about thousands of his countrymen who paid the ultimate for people like himself to ponce about and earn thousands every week.

He's Irish.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, November 11, 2012, 18:43:00 »

Sensitive issue this.  McClean is from Derry, and I wouldn't dare for one second to presume that he should feel about something like this the same way that I do.  If he doesn't have family members who were shot dead by British soldiers on Bloody Sunday, his family probably did have friends or acquaintances that were.  Who are we to dictate to him that he should wear a symbol that, like it or not, does have a strong connection to the British Army?

Live & let live, I say.  The day people start wearing poppies because they feel coerced in to doing so, the whole thing becomes meaningless.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, November 11, 2012, 18:48:45 »

Sensitive issue this.  McClean is from Derry, and I wouldn't dare for one second to presume that he should feel about something like this the same way that I do.  If he doesn't have family members who were shot dead by British soldiers on Bloody Sunday, his family probably did have friends or acquaintances that were.  Who are we to dictate to him that he should wear a symbol that, like it or not, does have a strong connection to the British Army?

Live & let live, I say.  The day people start wearing poppies because they feel coerced in to doing so, the whole thing becomes meaningless.

No one has forced him....whats Derry got to do with it?

Many Derry Men who supported the IRA still paid the ultimate so people like this twat cannot even bring themself to respect those and others who died.
But coming from a man who changed allegance from North to South to play...and then abuse his manager on twitter then its no suprise is it.

Whats wrong with football Hmmm
kerry red

« Reply #50 on: Sunday, November 11, 2012, 18:49:22 »

Roy Keane got some dreadful stick over here for wearing a poppy on a chat show.

I think it's more a case of them being fearful for the abuse they would receive if they did.

But what springs to my mind is why hasn't this been a problem in previous years on Remembrance Day
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, November 11, 2012, 18:52:36 »

Good player though
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, November 11, 2012, 19:09:30 »

No one should feel pressured into wearing a poppy. It's all about freedom of choice.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, November 11, 2012, 19:12:41 »

James McClean has no problem with working in Britain or British People. He just doesnt wish to support a British Army which has been responsible for years of hurt & misery in the City he grew up in.   

Why can some not grasp that?

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Sunday, November 11, 2012, 19:15:39 »

Does wearing a poppy really achieve anything? Most people do it out of habit. The poor fuckers  getting killed in a senseless war now is more important imo
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, November 11, 2012, 19:38:50 »

No one should feel pressured into wearing a poppy. It's all about freedom of choice.
indeed.

ironic really isn't it?
Flashheart

« Reply #56 on: Sunday, November 11, 2012, 19:52:17 »

What I find disrespectful is people using it to their advantage on social media sites. Stuff like "Retweet this to remember the fallen"

No I won't fucking retweet it you attention seeking twat. All those people didn't die just for some sad fuckers to raise their profile on twitter.  I have nothing against the ceremonies at all but the grief whoring really fucking grates at times.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, November 11, 2012, 20:02:26 »

Thick cunt dick fucks who happen to be talented at football thinking that they are politicians ' making a stand ' ...fuck off you thick as shit fucks...if you couldn't play football you would be changing tyres or flipping burgers.

And.....relax...

Clems Army!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Sunday, November 11, 2012, 20:05:26 »

if you couldn't play football you would be changing tyres or flipping burgers.

And he probably wouldn't be wearing a poppy. So the fact he is a professional footballer is irrelevant.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, November 11, 2012, 20:51:50 »

Back to the original question......

Not enough money filtering down to youth football

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: