Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Williams wants fans to return  (Read 15702 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, November 2, 2012, 17:59:35 »

If we ever set out song sheets I will be utterly fucking embarrassed. Reading and Arsenal have been known to do this in the past and I found it hilarious.

There's only one way to know if a chant works or not and that's try it. If people think it's good then not only will they join in after a couple of go's but you'll hear other parts of the stand starting it. (Alan McCormack chant as an example)

If people think it's complete shite, you can try it as many times as you want but it will only ever be a few of you singing it for your own amusement ('more than a winger' for example)

May as well try and be different as opposed to usual fast clapping generic shite you hear at most home games.
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 08:24:51 »

I don't know that they will tbh. I think you hit the nail on the head when you said that one of the key issues is people just don't have the time these days. And I'd add to that, the money which is something else that's in short supply these days for most families - it's prohibitively expensive for the casual fan to just turn up (unless there's an offer on) and food/drink etc when they get there is also very expensive. Turning it into a lengthier (albeit more varied) experience won't fix that.

There may be an untapped market among the existing fanbase to make more of a day of it in the way you suggest but I suspect it's being adequately served by pub+football. And I doubt being able to spend even more time/money at the football ground would drag in many new punters. You need to get them in first, then work out ways of getting them to spend longer there.

Yeah, I definitely get what you are saying. A big part of increased revenue will be getting people to the CG early, rather than stating at the pubs until 2.45pm. But at the moment, for the casual fan (who may, over time, go to more and more games) there aren't enough options of getting a decent, simple meal beforehand or afterwards in a clean, safe environment. You're right; the key to increasing revenue is getting people at the CG earlier, and keeping them afterwards. But I think the same applies for getting more, newer people down there, too.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 09:08:09 »

The thought of missing a home game knots my stomach.
Missed one last season due to being ill (Daggenham). I still attempted to go but got off the M40 and was sick and felt like dying.
Stupid really as I was not fit to get in a car.
Go to the majority of away games.

Don't even come from Swindon but watching the Town is a way of life for me.
No better supporter than anyone else but it is just the way it is.
Still married and the Wife has always understood this was never going to change.

All fans have different circumstances and again that is the way it is.
I have spent thousands of pounds supporting STFC and don't regret anything as I have great memories.

As for the term Plastics I direct that to the once a season "Big game Wembley" types, or once a season if we draw a Premiership Club. Would love them to attend regularly as the bigger gates the more likely we get better by having a bigger budget.

Loyal Supporter - Yes and proud of it. Nothing wrong with this either.

Who are you trying to kid - you're a plastic and you know it. Yes
kerry red

« Reply #48 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 09:50:05 »

It's so easy. My matchday routine used to be

11.30 Chris Graham's bookies in Stratton for a few doggy bets

Midday retire to the Crown - get stuck into the Stella

1pm get taxi from Crown to CGH

More beer, game of pool, Pistols on the jukebox.

Leave CGH at 2.55pm

Get turned away at turnstiles at 3pm!!!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 11:39:17 »

Seconded. You can add Wes' chant to the list that have taken off though.

Sorry did I hurt the boy band at the backs feelings?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 17:56:11 »

Yeah, I definitely get what you are saying. A big part of increased revenue will be getting people to the CG early, rather than stating at the pubs until 2.45pm. But at the moment, for the casual fan (who may, over time, go to more and more games) there aren't enough options of getting a decent, simple meal beforehand or afterwards in a clean, safe environment.
At the moment, they can't even manage to not run out of chips 5 mins into half time on a 6500 gate. Which is quite pathetic (and no it's not a one-off, happens pretty much every time I forget how crap it is). Until they can sort that out, they should forget all the grandiose talk of "sweating the asset" and all that - get the basics right first, then think about more advanced stuff.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 18:32:47 »

I know what you mean about the food.

Legends opened at 5 on tuesday, got in there at 515 and wanted a pie. Was told it wasnt ready, be 10 minutes.

Fucking pisstake.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 18:33:54 »

Bang on Paul...been saying it for a long time......kids go to footy to eat food,drink pop and generally have a good time.
Most blokes at footy have had a beer and are hungry...very hungry.

Sort it out Town.....its not fucking Rocket Science....ask the burger bar owners outside who are counting the money that you could be counting.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 18:43:21 »

Pretty sure the club are charging the buger vans a fair bit just to be there
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 18:44:23 »

I know what you mean about the food.

Legends opened at 5 on tuesday, got in there at 515 and wanted a pie. Was told it wasnt ready, be 10 minutes.

Fucking pisstake.

For all the good that the current board have done...food is one area that has deteriorated. Obviously you expect a premium to pay of some sort within the ground but the price has increased and quality has gone down dramatically. The quality of the food in the Townend for example hot dogs is quite frankly a joke...

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 18:55:46 »

For all the good that the current board have done...food is one area that has deteriorated. Obviously you expect a premium to pay of some sort within the ground but the price has increased and quality has gone down dramatically. The quality of the food in the Townend for example hot dogs is quite frankly a joke...

You cant even buy chips in the legends anymore. As for that Di Canios Deli, what a load of fucking wank. Even the burgers have more sweat on them than Jimmy Savile outside the playground, fucking foul.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 19:11:43 »

Well I turned up Andy. Fuck knows where you and most of the team were....

It's All Good..............
stfcinbmth

« Reply #57 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 19:22:41 »

I'm glad I didn't
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 20:26:40 »

No need to touch the food inside the CG as long as those Burger vans stick around IMO
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 20:39:21 »

Dead right.  The chips in the Arkells suddenly jumped from £1.50 to £2 and you get half as many.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: