Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Williams wants fans to return  (Read 15677 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, November 1, 2012, 20:05:47 »

I hate the one-upmanship so much of our fan base feels is necesseray. Knobheads.

That said, I do prefer it when we're shit and no-one comes, because it is SO MUCH MORE comfortable.

Things get better but they never get good
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #16 on: Friday, November 2, 2012, 08:52:25 »

The only sporadic fans that annoy me are the ones who tell you off for being too rowdy, or who go once a year for a big game and then tell all and sundry how they have always supported Swindon and they're some sort of super fan.

What we really need are more new fans who will get involved in the atmosphere, particularly not creating 'template chants' which are starting to annoy the fuck out of me. Some tidy football rat would be good too.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, November 2, 2012, 09:30:07 »

I haven't been to watch a game yet this season, because I have taken a second job and work every Saturday afternoon and every Tuesday evening.

I always enjoyed the atmosphere during a match more with a bigger crowd, but equally got pissed off at half time because the queues for the food were too long and they often ran out of chips/carvery bap before I got to the front. So in essence, casual supporters are good as long as the regulars get preferential treatment when queuing for refreshments.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, November 2, 2012, 09:35:52 »

I just love a packed full house at the CG.
Unfortunately we don't witness it enough.

When that second goal went in the other night the noise level was incredible.
Surely we all want the same thing a packed CG plastics or not.

Imagine that every week......I for one would not get bored.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, November 2, 2012, 09:42:39 »

What we really need are more new fans who will get involved in the atmosphere, particularly not creating 'template chants' which are starting to annoy the fuck out of me. Some tidy football rat would be good too.

I noticed at the Villa game how unwilling some people are to bother singing. I've always been vocal at football matches, so it bothers me a little when pretty much all the Arkells is quiet for the whole game. Town end did a pretty good job on Tuesday, and the South side of the DRS did try a little. Didn't one football club trial 'song sheets' at some game? Anyone know how that turned out?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, November 2, 2012, 09:50:47 »

I've been sporadic for several years.  Family circumstances - and the fact that I left Swindon 13 years ago - have seen to that.  I'll bet there are thousands of others like me.  Plastic?  Fuck off.

The crowd is always going to be a mix.  Sporadic supporters with a lot of history, occasionals who have only recently started going, season ticket holders, school kids, friends, OAPs who have barely missed a game in 40 years.  All with one thing in common.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, November 2, 2012, 10:00:38 »

I've been sporadic for several years.  Family circumstances - and the fact that I left Swindon 13 years ago - have seen to that.  I'll bet there are thousands of others like me.  Plastic?  Fuck off.

The crowd is always going to be a mix.  Sporadic supporters with a lot of history, occasionals who have only recently started going, season ticket holders, school kids, friends, OAPs who have barely missed a game in 40 years.  All with one thing in common.

Exactly right....
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #22 on: Friday, November 2, 2012, 10:07:52 »

I can concur totally and am in exactly the same boat as yourself having left Swindon 12 years ago.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, November 2, 2012, 10:08:43 »

I haven't been to the CG for over a year, the team are doing well so I'll continue to stay away  Smiley. Plastic? Nope. I have been going for 23 years and will no doubt go again. Being married, with a family, I can't justify the cost.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, November 2, 2012, 10:11:04 »

Didn't one football club trial 'song sheets' at some game? Anyone know how that turned out?

Dont even go there, 90% of our songs have that same unoriginal "he does what he wants" tune these days anyway
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, November 2, 2012, 10:20:50 »

Nearly half a century on, the Beach Boys know that they have finally arrived.   Wink

Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, November 2, 2012, 10:34:57 »

Spot on. Season ticket holder for years in 80s and 90s, gave up due to Mcmahon/Hunts treatment of fans/club. Moved away but still go every season about a dozen times home and away.  Plastic - nope
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #27 on: Friday, November 2, 2012, 10:45:08 »

Seems like there's quite a few people with a chip on their shoulder today Wink
kerry red

« Reply #28 on: Friday, November 2, 2012, 11:04:36 »

I left Swindon 10 years ago - but am returning in January.

Do they still do those half-season ticiets?
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, November 2, 2012, 11:09:28 »

They haven't done, but i know of people who have negotiated deals/bundles through Nick Watkins?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: