Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Williams wants fans to return  (Read 15727 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, November 2, 2012, 11:52:35 »

The thought of missing a home game knots my stomach.
Missed one last season due to being ill (Daggenham). I still attempted to go but got off the M40 and was sick and felt like dying.
Stupid really as I was not fit to get in a car.
Go to the majority of away games.

Don't even come from Swindon but watching the Town is a way of life for me.
No better supporter than anyone else but it is just the way it is.
Still married and the Wife has always understood this was never going to change.

All fans have different circumstances and again that is the way it is.
I have spent thousands of pounds supporting STFC and don't regret anything as I have great memories.

As for the term Plastics I direct that to the once a season "Big game Wembley" types, or once a season if we draw a Premiership Club. Would love them to attend regularly as the bigger gates the more likely we get better by having a bigger budget.

Loyal Supporter - Yes and proud of it. Nothing wrong with this either.

nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, November 2, 2012, 12:13:56 »

Seems like there's quite a few people with a chip on their shoulder today Wink

Ah, but how long did they have to queue for that chip?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, November 2, 2012, 12:25:15 »

Why are people justifying why and how often they go to football? Its not like Williams is really that bothered guys.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, November 2, 2012, 12:25:37 »

Ah, but how long did they have to queue for that chip?
should've phoned up.

It's All Good..............
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, November 2, 2012, 12:26:53 »

If we ever set out song sheets I will be utterly fucking embarrassed. Reading and Arsenal have been known to do this in the past and I found it hilarious.

There's only one way to know if a chant works or not and that's try it. If people think it's good then not only will they join in after a couple of go's but you'll hear other parts of the stand starting it. (Alan McCormack chant as an example)

If people think it's complete shite, you can try it as many times as you want but it will only ever be a few of you singing it for your own amusement ('more than a winger' for example)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, November 2, 2012, 12:44:20 »

Seems like there's quite a few people with a chip on their shoulder today Wink
Is it a plastic chip? Or an RFC chip? Maybe that's why their season tickets aren't scanning properly?
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, November 2, 2012, 12:50:50 »

Looking at online ticket sales for tomorrow we'll be lucky to see 4000.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, November 2, 2012, 13:00:50 »

Will Macclesfield beat the 38 that came last time?

Never knowingly overstated.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, November 2, 2012, 13:02:37 »

Will Macclesfield beat the 38 that came last time?
Or just put them in stocks in the market square maybe?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #39 on: Friday, November 2, 2012, 14:28:32 »

If we ever set out song sheets I will be utterly fucking embarrassed. Reading and Arsenal have been known to do this in the past and I found it hilarious.

There's only one way to know if a chant works or not and that's try it. If people think it's good then not only will they join in after a couple of go's but you'll hear other parts of the stand starting it. (Alan McCormack chant as an example)

If people think it's complete shite, you can try it as many times as you want but it will only ever be a few of you singing it for your own amusement ('more than a winger' for example)

Cunt.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, November 2, 2012, 14:37:29 »

Sadly I can't make tomorrow due a london meet up with my old uni mates, friday and saturday night on the pop and here's hoping we do what we need to get through to the next round!  Pint  Beers

#VivaKenBarlow!
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, November 2, 2012, 15:02:47 »

Cunt.

Seconded. You can add Wes' chant to the list that have taken off though.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, November 2, 2012, 15:38:18 »

I try to do my bit whenever there is a big game or a promotion...usually I get at least 10 extra family members along...the problem is that most are interested in how the town are doing, but just don't have enough time to go to every game. I really think things would be different if we can turn a day of 'Go to the game - go home" into "turn up early,, get a nice, reasonable sit-down meal, have something for the kids to do, then take in the game".

It would also generate more revenue for the club,too.

On a personal note, I'd love to hang around before and after thegame if the facilities were there...but standing up in Digby's Bar, knocking back a pie isn't my idea of a relaxing time.

If they build it, they will come...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, November 2, 2012, 15:57:04 »

I try to do my bit whenever there is a big game or a promotion...usually I get at least 10 extra family members along...the problem is that most are interested in how the town are doing, but just don't have enough time to go to every game. I really think things would be different if we can turn a day of 'Go to the game - go home" into "turn up early,, get a nice, reasonable sit-down meal, have something for the kids to do, then take in the game".

It would also generate more revenue for the club,too.

On a personal note, I'd love to hang around before and after thegame if the facilities were there...but standing up in Digby's Bar, knocking back a pie isn't my idea of a relaxing time.

If they build it, they will come...
I don't know that they will tbh. I think you hit the nail on the head when you said that one of the key issues is people just don't have the time these days. And I'd add to that, the money which is something else that's in short supply these days for most families - it's prohibitively expensive for the casual fan to just turn up (unless there's an offer on) and food/drink etc when they get there is also very expensive. Turning it into a lengthier (albeit more varied) experience won't fix that.

There may be an untapped market among the existing fanbase to make more of a day of it in the way you suggest but I suspect it's being adequately served by pub+football. And I doubt being able to spend even more time/money at the football ground would drag in many new punters. You need to get them in first, then work out ways of getting them to spend longer there.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, November 2, 2012, 16:25:31 »

Did I see somewhere that you have got the bug again Mr D and have returned once again to the promised land and bow down and hail to the great Paolo and his warriors
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: