Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England v Italy match thread.  (Read 70070 times)
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:30:15 »

Was at the right place at the right time.

And what else was Rooney meant to do? When your recieving constant long balls and the second you control it there are four players around you and there is only one player infront of him. The Italians did what we should of done to Pirlo, mark him out of the game.
If that was Messi he would of walked the ball into the back of the net.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:30:51 »

And that's why Messi is the best player in the world...

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:31:30 »

Gotta love us English.  Love nothing more than an excuse to say we are shit.  That's one of the reasons why we won't win anything.  We should save this thread as an example.

You're right and its making me cringe reading this forum tonight.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:33:29 »

Gotta love us English.  Love nothing more than an excuse to say we are shit.  That's one of the reasons why we won't win anything.  We should save this thread as an example.

Id say it was more our lack of technical ability more than a load of keyboard warriors whinging...

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:37:57 »

At least we aint dutch eh.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:43:59 »

Agreed, for two club mates they seemed to have little understanding of each other's runs.

Think the problem with playing Rooney and Welbeck is that whilst they might work together at Man Utd, it won't work for England when you play totally different tactics with totally different players. I thought they were both poor for the entire tournament and Carroll was our best forward, mainly due to the tactics we were playing - when you're defending a lot you want someone to hold the ball up and get on the end of crosses.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 03:11:40 »

Was at the right place at the right time.

And what else was Rooney meant to do? When your recieving constant long balls and the second you control it there are four players around you and there is only one player infront of him. The Italians did what we should of done to Pirlo, mark him out of the game.

Well, if there were 4 players around Rooney then I'd put forward the suggestion that we pass it to one the other players, who must be free and have no one marking them.

Rooney was poor and has been in both games - looks like someone who had just come back from 2/3 months out injured. Was he injured towards the end of last season, I cant even remember? I know his suspension meant missed a few games and training isnt the same - but you have to question what Rooney was doing in the gap between the end of the season and now.

All the other players managed to put a shift in, in all 4 games but Rooney just never looked match fit.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 06:31:51 »

Why do some people have such a problem with other people saying Rooney has been shit in the last two games when he so clearly has been?

Cos The Sun says he's world class innit blud.

If we are ever to do anything at a tournament, then the FA needs to insist on reducing the Prem to 18 clubs, and have a mid season break.

The Prem is a pin ball league based on pace, power and athleticism. These are the attributes which the players lose at the end of a Prem season.

Answer this question. How many Prem players are playing in the last 4 of the Euros.....I make the answer about 4.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 06:40:17 »

Our problems run much further than simply taking 2 teams out of the top flight and giving them time off mid season, Reg.

We haven't got the players, simple as that.
DRS

« Reply #144 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 06:51:07 »

Midfield lost us that match imo.Couldn't call on lampard,barry,carrick or wilshire either.I would argue we couldn't even play our prefered team last night due to that.Milner had to play right to cover johnson so couldnt go in the middle either
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 07:05:26 »

You're right and its making me cringe reading this forum tonight.
Sorry, did I miss something? Did we actually play well? People are just reacting to what they've seen, nothing else. No one is 'looking for an excuse' to say Engand were shit, we just were. It was there for everyone to see - what do you expect people to say?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 07:07:38 »

I don't agree with this 'rest' and mid season break. The spanish team do ok, and half of them have played well over 40 games during the season.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 07:24:10 »

Must be that mid-season break they have Wink
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 07:38:15 »

fucking hell, the next rasict to hopefully get done on twitter,
@Lapwnage
Shocking tweets

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 08:08:13 »

Sorry, did I miss something? Did we actually play well? People are just reacting to what they've seen, nothing else. No one is 'looking for an excuse' to say Engand were shit, we just were. It was there for everyone to see - what do you expect people to say?

I think people were going  ott with the slating of players-reasons we lost etc. The cracks were papered over in the group stage and the improvement didn't happen which was needed to progress. That said, progress was made by Woy overall and things will improve. He is the right man or the job and did well in a short space of time.

We had chances,penalty shouts, and first half made a great game of it. I think there are positives to take from it
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: