Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England v Italy match thread.  (Read 70058 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:14:00 »

Rooney hasn't done much in either game but there's only so much you can expect of a striker when you have 37% possession. No disgrace tonight, we just weren't good enough and that was to expected when Hodgson had six weeks to sort this out and seemingly our "impact sub" option with Jordan fucking Henderson.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:14:37 »

Rooney hasn't done much in either game but there's only so much you can expect of a striker when you have 37% possession. No disgrace tonight, we just weren't good enough and that was to expected when Hodgson had six weeks to sort this out and seemingly our "impact sub" option with Jordan fucking Henderson.

Except score the winner in his first game.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #122 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:15:17 »

He got us three points against Ukraine and faced an uphill battle tonight with little service, add to that playing alongside a pub player in Carroll.
I think you are the one who has been on the piss. Go and kiss Rooney's ringpiece he has been a cunt and we'd have been better off with pub player Carroll alongside Wellbeck.  
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:16:54 »

Suicide it was hardly a 30 yard scorcher was it.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:17:34 »

I think you are the one who has been on the piss. Go and kiss Rooney's ringpiece he has been a cunt and we'd have been better off with pub player Carroll alongside Wellbeck.  
So he didn't score the winner against Ukraine and he faced an easy task tonight?
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:18:41 »

Think we have a few closet glory fans in here.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #126 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:20:22 »

So he didn't score the winner against Ukraine and he faced an easy task tonight?

He did score the winner against Ukraine despite playing absolute shite and effectively marking Wellbecik out of the game by making the same runs and taking his space. In the big games you're looking for your big players to step up and he has constantly failed since 2004 for England.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:22:47 »

He did score the winner against Ukraine despite playing absolute shite and effectively marking Wellbecik out of the game by making the same runs and taking his space. In the big games you're looking for your big players to step up and he has constantly failed since 2004 for England.

Agreed, for two club mates they seemed to have little understanding of each other's runs.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:23:06 »

Except score the winner in his first game.

He had three sitters and scored one - from about 6 inches out.
I'm pretty sure the cross would have gone in anyway.

People say it's difficult if we only have 30% possession, but he still recived the ball on countless ocassions, and when he actually managed to control it, he usually gave it away straight away.

I would actually be pissed off if a pub team player gave the ball away that often.

Actually, that's a ridiculous statement..............what pub side would pick a striker who has scored one goal in 20 games
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:23:23 »

Rooney is our best striker in the squad, but it was obvious he was a mile off being match fit.  Problem is - don't play him then he doesn't improve his sharpness, but play him and he is largely a passenger.

On balance I'd have 1/2 fit Rooney in ahead of Defoe, besides which the way we played all three strikers were largely ineffective.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:24:18 »

..............what pub side would pick a striker who has scored one goal in 20 games

In some of the pub sides I've played in that's known as a hot streak
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:27:01 »

Agreed, for two club mates they seemed to have little understanding of each other's runs.

Wellbeck was quality this euros.....his all round game for a youngster was outstanding.

In fact i would say Woys only mistake the whole tournament was taking him off tonight so early.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:27:32 »

He had three sitters and scored one - from about 6 inches out.
I'm pretty sure the cross would have gone in anyway.

People say it's difficult if we only have 30% possession, but he still recived the ball on countless ocassions, and when he actually managed to control it, he usually gave it away straight away.

I would actually be pissed off if a pub team player gave the ball away that often.

Actually, that's a ridiculous statement..............what pub side would pick a striker who has scored one goal in 20 games

Was at the right place at the right time.

And what else was Rooney meant to do? When your recieving constant long balls and the second you control it there are four players around you and there is only one player infront of him. The Italians did what we should of done to Pirlo, mark him out of the game.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:27:56 »

Gotta love us English.  Love nothing more than an excuse to say we are shit.  That's one of the reasons why we won't win anything.  We should save this thread as an example.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:29:16 »

Or that fucking Rooney thread I have just seen.  Jeez

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: