Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: luke mccormick  (Read 122773 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #300 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 20:14:24 »

And there we have what is wrong with that group,Why have they shown that video? Constantly dividing the fan base then justifying it by saying they are only doing what the club should be doing

That same group is also partly responsible for the Connell bubbake party IMO
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 20:14:42 »

All this bullshit makes me want to give him a chance more.

/
W56196272
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 20:18:04 »

All this bullshit makes me want to give him a chance more.

Agreed.

I was undecided to start with, but the more I read of some of the awful comments made by some the more I think he deserves a chance. We all do make mistakes, some we get away with, and some lead to the worst outcomes imaginable.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 20:18:37 »

When it  was revealed  last year that McCormick had been granted a day release from prison,
Mr and Mrs Peak were very upset to hear this news.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1422783_parents-anger-as-drink-drive-footballer-who-killed-their-sons-gets-day-release-from-prison

I'd suggest that Mr Wray on behalf of the club, writes to them to explain the proposal of the
offer of a trial to McCormick.
That's an extremely good suggestion. However, I suspect the answer as to how the parents would feel is in some of the quotes in that article you quote and the cousins' and grandparents' anger on the Facebook page. And I think Wray knows that, despite his sanctimonious lipservice to the family in the media today. Which is why he won't write to the family, because if he genuinely were to ask the family he won't get the answer the club wants. I'd love the club to prove me wrong, prove it's not just lipservice and take the family's views into account as alanmayes, chalkies and sutton have suggested. I think we'll all be disappointed.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 20:29:33 »

I'm sorry to say this but I don't think the views of the family should be taken into consideration here. As they, quite obviously, are 100% completely overwhelmed by emotion. I don't mean it in a nasty way, but just as a family member of a victim can't get involved in deciding a jail term for a rapist/murdered/drink driver. Emotion has to be taken out of the equation entirely.

If a sportsman were to kill a member of my family I'd never want to see that individual succeed in anything they do ever again, but that's not to say I wouldn't expect them to live their life when they had served the time the law of the land decide is a suitable punishment.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 20:33:00 »

That's a fair point janaage but it's not true to say
family member of a victim can't get involved in deciding a jail term
their views are now often taken into consideration in deciding jail terms via Victim Impact Statements.
Flashheart

« Reply #306 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 20:35:32 »

I want to say something along the lines of what jaanage is saying, just not quite sure how to word it.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 20:38:54 »

That's a fair point janaage but it's not true to say their views are now often taken into consideration in deciding jail terms via Victim Impact Statements.

Okay I may have not fully explained myself, what I meant, in a round about kind of way is, there's a reason why judges decide on court cases, and people emotionally tied to the case don't. Emotions a bloody hard thing to control and decisions, actions and words are sometimes hugely effected by emotion.

My post isn't meant to be anything but a rough statement of my take on things, it's not meant as a technically accurate post, as Flashheart says it's tough to get your words right in such a sensitive situation.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 20:41:04 »

I've gotten really, really pissed and then driven a car before, I suspect others on the TEF have also. I learned my lesson the easy way.

The only thing making me any different to a drink driver that has killed somebody is that I got lucky, they didn't

So?....his actions resulted in deaths and you cannot compare with yours.....if you swish a knife at someone and nick his arm you will get a prison sentence....if you swish a knife and it cuts there throat and they bleed to death you will get a much longer prison sentence....that is law and fact not luck.

We all deserve a second chance in life i have been given a few....not sure i would have got them for drink driving and killing people though.
Flashheart

« Reply #309 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 20:44:40 »

So?....his actions resulted in deaths and you cannot compare with yours.....if you swish a knife at someone and nick his arm you will get a prison sentence....if you swish a knife and it cuts there throat and they bleed to death you will get a much longer prison sentence....that is law and fact not luck.

We all deserve a second chance in life i have been given a few....not sure i would have got them for drink driving and killing people though.

That's not the point

The point is that we all do stupid things, even good/caring/intelligent people do stupid things.

It was fortunate that I didn't kill somebody. Does that make me a better person? Or does McCormicks lack of good fortune make him a worse person than I?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 20:48:53 »

That's not the point

The point is that we all do stupid things, even good/caring/intelligent people do stupid things.

I was fortunate not to kill somebody. Does that make me a better person? Or does McCormicks lack of fortune make him a worse person than I?

In the eyes of the law...and most definatly in the eyes of the family of the deceased.....and in the eyes of most footy fans(if he plays for us) it makes him a worse person than you Flashheart.....since time has begun peoples actions have been judged by what actually happened......not like in your case what actually DIDNT happen.

Flashheart

« Reply #311 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 20:51:15 »

So a lack of good fortune makes somebody a worse person?

Ain't having it

And ' in the eyes of the deceased' is a moot point. If there was good fortune, there would be no deceased. How many people walk about thinking 'He's better than him because he nearly killed my kids but luckily he didn't'?
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 20:54:11 by Flashheart » Logged
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 20:53:33 »

So a lack of good fortune makes somebody a worse person?

Ain't having it

Fair enough Cheesy
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 20:54:45 »

Like I said earlier, there is no right answer here, it depends on what a person has encountered in the course of their life.  Every opinion is right to a certain extent.

Sooner or later we are going to have to get on with it.  What will be will be.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 20:56:33 »

Like I said earlier, there is no right answer here, it depends on what a person has encountered in the course of their life.  Every opinion is right to a certain extent.

Sooner or later we are going to have to get on with it.  What will be will be.

...and I still agree. Have you made this shorter for DRS' pleasure?

Berniman's Point: Redux

Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: