Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Champions League Final ft. Daily Mail readers  (Read 22350 times)
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Sunday, May 20, 2012, 16:05:19 »

That's not really the point.

And if you take on the responsibility of being captain of your club and country you should at least show a modicum of role model behavior.

He's fucked up and been punished for it.

In my opinion footballers should never be role models and if they are as a parent it's your responsibility to make sure your child realises that they are human beings and not perfect.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Sunday, May 20, 2012, 16:06:42 »

AGree about Schweinstiger. Thought it was ridiculous what he did for their penatly. Chelsea could have exploited that by leaving a man up in the Bayern half, all alone, in an onside position. He should have been up the other end waiting for a rebound.

When he fucked around with that penalty, I turned to my wife as if to say 'What was all that about?'  Felt quite strongly that he deserved to miss.  I hadn't seen his reaction during Bayern's penalty in normal time but, hearing about it, he was obviously not in the right frame of mind.

Minutes later, though, I found myself feeling verty, very sorry for the guy.  He will always ne haunted by those few minutes.  You could see the reality dawning on him, second by second, after he missed.  Poor bastard.  You even have to wonder how that - and Bayern's all round disastrous finish to the season, that included a 5-2 drubbing in the final of the German Cup - will affect his game in the Euros.  He's a brilliant player that played an instrumental part in England's downfall 2 years ago.  Not fair.
Flashheart

« Reply #137 on: Sunday, May 20, 2012, 16:09:50 »

To be fair the 'John Terry's a cunt' bandwagon is full aswell as getting tedious and boring.

On him being a 'role model' it should be the parents to teach kids how to act as human beings, Terry plays football, people choose to see him as a 'role model', he doesn't come out and say 'look at me, behave and act how I act kids'.

There's a reason there's a 'John Terry's a cunt' bandwagon. The reason being that JohnTerry is a cunt.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #138 on: Sunday, May 20, 2012, 16:11:16 »

Do you not think if Chelsea left a man up someone else would have covered or he wouldn't have been in his own penalty area?

I'm finding some of the reactions on here incredible.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Sunday, May 20, 2012, 16:12:40 »

There's a reason there's a 'John Terry's a cunt' bandwagon. The reason being that JohnTerry is a cunt.

After nearly 70 years of the same message, the 'Adolf Hitler was a mass-murdering psychopath' bandwagon is starting to get a little bit samey as well.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 20, 2012, 16:18:53 by Ardiles » Logged
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Sunday, May 20, 2012, 16:14:21 »

Maybe so. However, I don't know the guy so therefore I won't judge him on how the media portrays him.
Flashheart

« Reply #141 on: Sunday, May 20, 2012, 16:19:40 »

Of course.

He's just misunderstood
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #142 on: Sunday, May 20, 2012, 16:20:43 »

Maybe so. However, I don't know the guy so therefore I won't judge him on how the media portrays him.
That flies totally in the face of everything being a football fan is all about - how fucking dare you.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Sunday, May 20, 2012, 16:22:21 »

Of course.

He's just misunderstood

You're a perfect human being I see.

Flashheart

« Reply #144 on: Sunday, May 20, 2012, 16:25:47 »

You're a perfect human being I see.

Meow

Getting a bit defensive about him aren't we?
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Sunday, May 20, 2012, 16:27:34 »

He's fucked up and been punished for it.

In my opinion footballers should never be role models and if they are as a parent it's your responsibility to make sure your child realises that they are human beings and not perfect.

Footballers maybe never should be role models, but they always will be just because of the exposure they receive via the media.

I actually wrote a good chunk about how bad a role model John Terry is, for one of my essays last term. (Just after the whole racisim "thing")

Kids will always look up to footballers as its what everyone wants to be.

I think it's pretty easy to at least try to be a decent one, i'm a role model for no one, but I don't go around shagging my mate's missus...

mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Sunday, May 20, 2012, 16:28:05 »

Meow

Getting a bit defensive about him aren't we?

No, not at all.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #147 on: Sunday, May 20, 2012, 16:28:41 »

All those kids are going to be lifting trophies now because of John Terry, it's a disgrace.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Sunday, May 20, 2012, 16:39:27 »

Footballers maybe never should be role models, but they always will be just because of the exposure they receive via the media.

I actually wrote a good chunk about how bad a role model John Terry is, for one of my essays last term. (Just after the whole racisim "thing")

Kids will always look up to footballers as its what everyone wants to be.

I think it's pretty easy to at least try to be a decent one, i'm a role model for no one, but I don't go around shagging my mate's missus...

I don't know why people give a shit what footballers get up to in their private lives though.

It has nothing to do with what they do on the football pitch.
DRS

« Reply #149 on: Sunday, May 20, 2012, 16:44:53 »

To be fair alot of what terry has done did have an effect on the pitch.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: