Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Champions League Final ft. Daily Mail readers  (Read 21400 times)
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Sunday, May 20, 2012, 09:56:20 »

Anyway, up the English

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Sunday, May 20, 2012, 09:58:53 »

Looking at the photo's it doesn't really matter that Terry went and lifted the trophy, Bosingwa blocked him in every photo. Cheesy
Barry Scott

« Reply #122 on: Sunday, May 20, 2012, 10:03:08 »

That's not what I said, he may well be a vile prick and I understand why people dislike him. But a discussion about the CL Final in which he didn't play has turned into a discussion about John Terry lifting the trophy and that he shouldn't have a 'right' to do that. It'd be different if he was getting given Sports Personality of the Year but I just don't understand the massive outrage.

What has he done to upset Swindon fans so much? Leon Clarke I can understand, Joey Beauchamp even more so but John Terry? Good grief, why give a fuck if he lifts a trophy he had a hand in winning?

On topic, I thought Chelsea played exactly how I thought they would - to their strengths. I thought they would sneak it

Marry me.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Sunday, May 20, 2012, 10:25:14 »

That's not what I said, he may well be a vile prick and I understand why people dislike him. But a discussion about the CL Final in which he didn't play has turned into a discussion about John Terry lifting the trophy and that he shouldn't have a 'right' to do that. It'd be different if he was getting given Sports Personality of the Year but I just don't understand the massive outrage.

What has he done to upset Swindon fans so much? Leon Clarke I can understand, Joey Beauchamp even more so but John Terry? Good grief, why give a fuck if he lifts a trophy he had a hand in winning?

On topic, I thought Chelsea played exactly how I thought they would - to their strengths. I thought they would sneak it

Chelsea won it despite Terry not because of him

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Sunday, May 20, 2012, 13:44:05 »

Everything was against Chelsea. Having the final at the 'home' of their opponents was a joke, as I've said previously, so it was always going to be a 'back to the walls' performance.Once Chelsea equalised late on, you just fancied them on to win. A minute before Bayern were awarded their pen, Chelsea should've had a pen themselves, so as far as I'm concerned justice was done. Also significant in my opinion, was the pictures of Schweinstiger not being able to watch the penalty as he was looking away in the other box with Neuer, who had to tell him to get up off his knees as they had missed the penalties.

Once the shoot-out was reached, the pressure was all on Bayern, as they were on their home patch, and most of Bavaria seemed to think they just had to turn up to win it, as well as the fact that Bayern had never lost a penalty shoot-out in Europe. When it got to 3-3, with one penalty each left, and Schweinstiger was going to take it, I knew he was going to miss. How can you take one yourself, when you cannot even watch one of your teammates take one earlier in the match? He missed, and Drogba sealed the victory. It was also noticeable that Robben never had the balls to take one in the shoot-out, but their goalkeeper did !!!

And UEFA, why all this farting about in the trophy presentation? Why don't they just get the captain up first to give them the trophy and then it can be passed down the line, like they do at Wembley? And in regards to the players picking up their medals, it should only be the players in the matchday squad and the manager picking up the medals on the day, with UEFA giving the club the remainder for the squad and the other staff members who are entitled to medals, after the game, otherwise, like last night, it seemed to go on forever.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Sunday, May 20, 2012, 13:52:52 »

AGree about Schweinstiger. Thought it was ridiculous what he did for their penatly. Chelsea could have exploited that by leaving a man up in the Bayern half, all alone, in an onside position. He should have been up the other end waiting for a rebound.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Sunday, May 20, 2012, 14:42:18 »

And UEFA, why all this farting about in the trophy presentation? Why don't they just get the captain up first to give them the trophy and then it can be passed down the line, like they do at Wembley?

I have to agree with this, it was a total fucking shambles.   I much prefer the captain going up first getting the cup, and then as each player gets his medal he gets a chance to lift it too, ending up with the manager.

As for Terry lifting the trophy, personally I couldn't give a shit.
As for the who gets a medal stuff, I guess it depends on whether you think Bertrand (who played 60 mins of CL football all season), is more deserving than the club captain (even if he is a cunt) who missed out on the final (through being a cunt)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Sunday, May 20, 2012, 15:09:33 »

Did nobody else spot the lardy lady picking her nose and closely examining the contents, that was the highlight of the night for me.

Not sure its relevant whether you are a Swindon fan that dislikes John Terry, i guess those that dislike him do so for the (lack of) a person he is rather than his football allegiances. Always thought he was vastly overrated myself, wouldnt swap him for Macca in a million years.
DRS

« Reply #128 on: Sunday, May 20, 2012, 15:22:31 »

Haha oh dear
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Sunday, May 20, 2012, 15:24:20 »

Love how everyone is going mental over JT having his kit on and lifting the trophy. He was one of the main reasons that Chelsea got to the final (see 1st leg vs Barca plus the earlier rounds), he's Chelsea through and through and deserved to go up and celebrate.

People love to moan and call people cunts nowadays but let him have that, yes he was stupid against Barca in the 2nd leg but he deserved to be with his teammates at the end.
Flashheart

« Reply #130 on: Sunday, May 20, 2012, 15:31:27 »

Ha

Everybody's jumping on the 'he deserved to lift the trophy' bandwagon'.

It's certainly not something I'll be losing sleep over but fuck him, he's a horrible cunt that is unfortunately a role model to so many youngsters. There ya go kids, look up to that odious wanker lifting the trophy. He deserves it.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Sunday, May 20, 2012, 15:34:23 »

David Cameron thinks he's a cunt too
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Sunday, May 20, 2012, 15:37:19 »

Ha

Everybody's jumping on the 'he deserved to lift the trophy' bandwagon'.

It's certainly not something I'll be losing sleep over but fuck him, he's a horrible cunt that is unfortunately a role model to so many youngsters. There ya go kids, look up to that odious wanker lifting the trophy. He deserves it.

To be fair the 'John Terry's a cunt' bandwagon is full aswell as getting tedious and boring.

On him being a 'role model' it should be the parents to teach kids how to act as human beings, Terry plays football, people choose to see him as a 'role model', he doesn't come out and say 'look at me, behave and act how I act kids'.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Sunday, May 20, 2012, 15:55:06 »

he doesn't come out and say 'look at me, behave and act how I act kids'.

That's not really the point.

And if you take on the responsibility of being captain of your club and country you should at least show a modicum of role model behavior.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Sunday, May 20, 2012, 16:00:38 »

That's not really the point.

And if you take on the responsibility of being captain of your club and country you should at least show a modicum of role model behavior.

True
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: