Pages: 1 ... 393 394 395 [396] 397 398 399 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1612320 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5925 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 12:56:38 »

Chorley hardly seems surprised so I’m presuming they’ve someone in the pipeline.

No doubt he’ll be loaned out higher up the food chain. It’s about time clubs called time on the number of loans they take on - they cause more trouble than they’re worth.

Saying that, big JOB seems an upgrade on Crutchlow so hope AN Other is an upgrade on Tyrese.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5926 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 12:58:01 »

Anyone can score goals in our team, it’s fine…

Yes. Anybody who plays every single game up front for a team as good as ours is going to score some goals. So well done there.

It's important to provide context. We average more possession than any other team by a distance. We've created the 4th highest amount of big chances in the league. We average 14 shots per game which puts us in the top 3. We sit 6th overall on XG.

Simpson's minutes per goal ratio doesn't even put him in the top 20 players in the division.

We can do better.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #5927 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 12:59:38 »

Anyone can score goals in our team, it’s fine…

Great, I'll get my boots. By the way when did the phrase 'big chances' become a thing?

I come from a land down-under
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5928 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 13:00:05 »

Great, I'll get my boots. By the way when did the phrase 'big chances' become a thing?

No idea, ask the author….
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #5929 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 13:03:24 »

The state of these comments. It's Tyreece Simpson not Eoin Doyle. We're going to be fine.

Unless you think we won't bring anybody in. In which case yes we would be in trouble. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to Chorley and Garner that they both know what they're doing.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #5930 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 13:07:29 »

Presume they've known this may be coming. Agreed we can do better, but it is a loss for now... as for the loan system  Smug Fuck Off
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #5931 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 13:09:00 »

So Garner referenced being close on a couple, and looking for a couple more after that.

What are we expecting?

Our only defensive cover is Baudry, so probably another CB.
No cover for wing backs other than Odimayo right side maybe. So hopefully one of those, preferably to replace Iandolo.
Then 2 forwards, a new number 9/target man, and another option because Parsons/Mitchell-Lawson have not got enough to influence games.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5932 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 13:11:14 »

I’d imagine Ipswich told us a while ago they’d be recalling him - it can’t be based on yesterday’s performance.

We then probably asked Ipswich is he could play one last game yesterday as his replacement wouldn’t be available for us until this week.

I very much doubt this has come as a huge surprise to the club.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #5933 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 13:11:36 »

I know it’s largely been out of our control but it’s starting to feel like we’ve made a bit of a mess of this transfer window. Yesterday we had no striker or centre back on the bench and now we have no striker at all, we also have no back up full backs. I know Garner has said we will bring in a couple this week but even then we are going to be hard pushed not to come out of this window weaker than we were before it. It’s all very last minute again which is frustrating.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #5934 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 13:14:15 »

I know it’s largely been out of our control but it’s starting to feel like we’ve made a bit of a mess of this transfer window. Yesterday we had no striker or centre back on the bench and now we have no striker, we also have no back up full backs. I know Garner has said we will bring in a couple this week but even then we are going to be hard pushed not to come out of this window weaker than we were before it. It’s all very last minute again which is frustrating.

I suspect we could've signed 4 or 5 by now, but they wouldn't have been the ones we wanted. Best to be patient and get our #1 targets. They said we haven't lost out on anybody yet, which is encouraging to hear (if true!)

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5935 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 13:15:52 »

So Garner referenced being close on a couple, and looking for a couple more after that.

What are we expecting?

Our only defensive cover is Baudry, so probably another CB.
No cover for wing backs other than Odimayo right side maybe. So hopefully one of those, preferably to replace Iandolo.
Then 2 forwards, a new number 9/target man, and another option because Parsons/Mitchell-Lawson have not got enough to influence games.

I expect another full back and another wide forward type player.

What we need is a different matter.

Amazed Grant is still here. He’s basically retired at this point.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #5936 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 13:20:06 »

I imagine we'll get 4 players in: a wing back, a midfield player, a winger/forward player and a new number 9. Could be an exciting week
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #5937 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 13:20:42 »

I suspect we could've signed 4 or 5 by now, but they wouldn't have been the ones we wanted. Best to be patient and get our #1 targets. They said we haven't lost out on anybody yet, which is encouraging to hear (if true!)

That’s all well and good but we’ve now put massive pressure on ourselves going into the last week of the window. Whoever comes in will have to hit the ground running, there’s no time to bed in off the bench or anything. Somehow we’re now in a position where our season and the general mood of the fans is dependent on the last week of the January transfer window.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5938 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 13:22:31 »

Big JOB has settled in quickly - apart from his first 45 mins at Mansfield.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #5939 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 13:23:42 »

That’s all well and good but we’ve now put massive pressure on ourselves going into the last week of the window. Whoever comes in will have to hit the ground running, there’s no time to bed in off the bench or anything. Somehow we’re now in a position where our season and the general mood of the fans is dependent on the last week of the January transfer window.

Unless they’re already training with us…
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 395 [396] 397 398 399 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: