Pages: 1 ... 394 395 396 [397] 398 399 400 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1622447 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #5940 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 13:26:18 »

Unless they’re already training with us…
There’s enough ITK’s on here to have had less than subtle hints about that. I just think we’ve put massive pressure on ourselves now as we were short before the window opened and we now need to sign 2 starter in a week just to be on a par yet alone strengthening.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #5941 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 13:28:57 »

I imagine we'll get 4 players in: a wing back, a midfield player, a winger/forward player and a new number 9. Could be an exciting week
Or a hugely disappointing week.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5942 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 13:34:03 »

Or a hugely disappointing week.

Probably this one…

The closer we get to the window slamming shut the more desperate we will get.
Hopefully things are already in place but if they aren’t I can’t see it this turning out well.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #5943 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 13:39:40 »

The closer we get to the window slamming shut the more desperate we will get.
Hopefully things are already in place but if they aren’t I can’t see it this turning out well.
Absolutely this, Elliot Benyon anyone?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5944 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 14:56:07 »

There’s enough ITK’s on here to have had less than subtle hints about that. I just think we’ve put massive pressure on ourselves now as we were short before the window opened and we now need to sign 2 starter in a week just to be on a par yet alone strengthening.

It's probably worth remembering the context of this season - the fact we are in the hunt has shifted expectations but the background hasn't changed that much.  We are still in a position where we rely on the charity of others (loans) or players willing to have a season on less than stellar wages for footballers.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #5945 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 15:06:44 »

It's probably worth remembering the context of this season - the fact we are in the hunt has shifted expectations but the background hasn't changed that much.  We are still in a position where we rely on the charity of others (loans) or players willing to have a season on less than stellar wages for footballers.
To an extent I agree but the fact we are in the hunt combined with the financial windfall’s we have had I think we’d be missing a trick a bit. We can’t come out of this transfer weaker than we were before it IMO as it will further erode some of the banked goodwill as it will feel like we’ve just given up or sacrificed the season.

At this level there’s no guarantee of assembling a competitive squad or it clicking from one season to the next so when you do have one you need to make it count.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5946 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 15:39:55 »

I agree, no two seasons are the same and you don't know when the next chance will come. it's a massive opportunity

However the way the club is being run is fairly ruthless in terms of cost control/revenue. From the man city ticket prices all the way to trying to get less than 200 fans to waive a £150 refund from last season.

I am not saying that is not by necessity though. Financial stability is the #1 priority.

Nothing screams Clem will cover budget above the plan
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #5947 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 15:57:36 »

We needed 2 or 3 players to push on and challenge for a top 3 place at the end of the season.

Having lost 3 players (don’t include Gilbert as he hardly played) and replaced only one, we need 4 or 5 who fit in well.

The worry in leaving it late is if our primary targets don’t come we don’t have much time to get alternatives in.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #5948 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 16:01:05 »

Get your socks ready then.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5949 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 16:06:03 »

Names
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5950 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 16:12:32 »

Quote from: Legends-Lounge
Get your socks ready then.

rarely leave home without them
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #5951 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 16:22:29 »

Names

Triallist A and Triallist B knowing where we are right now.
Hopefully we’ve been doing some decent ground work on getting at least 2 decent loan players in.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #5952 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 16:30:02 »

I’d imagine Ipswich told us a while ago they’d be recalling him - it can’t be based on yesterday’s performance.

We then probably asked Ipswich is he could play one last game yesterday as his replacement wouldn’t be available for us until this week.

I very much doubt this has come as a huge surprise to the club.

Like Crithlow this was a surprise I believe.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #5953 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 16:45:20 »

We have done exceptionally well with our loans fitting into this last minute squad. I'm quite relaxed about it all. the loans have done well and we have had that benefit.

You need to remember that we are very high in the table. We have the chance to give players an opportunity for success and a good footballing team. If we 4th bottom and had everyone recalled I would indeed be shitting it. we are in a good position to get good players.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #5954 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 16:52:07 »

Like Crithlow this was a surprise I believe.
That’s a major concern then as would suggest neither of the players we have lined up are a direct replacement for Simpson so a lot to do this week.
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 396 [397] 398 399 400 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: