Pages: 1 ... 389 390 391 [392] 393 394 395 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611614 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5865 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 12:17:42 »

We lost to Mansfield 3-2.

I've only just read it smart arse.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #5866 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 12:33:50 »

Thats the three that have been announced so far.

I hope Jojo will be added to that and Odimayo too.

Reed, Hunt, Payne, Williams, and possibly Lyden would be good to extend, the rest are neither here nor there if they stay or leave now for me.

Maybe some of those will be last to extend as they may already be on the maximum £1300 a week and will be looking for a pay rise with their extension rather than the others who may earn close to the emargo limit so the club had wriggle room to pay them a little more and extend.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5867 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 12:35:19 »

Maybe some of those will be last to extend as they may already be on the maximum £1300 a week and will be looking for a pay rise with their extension rather than the others who may earn close to the emargo limit so the club had wriggle room to pay them a little more and extend.
Yes we are not privvy to the exact wage deals and structures but going by what Clem/Garner/Angus have said we are tied quite tightly under the embargo.

It could well be something like that.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5868 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 12:40:08 »

Surely those players already with us can have their contracts improved without recourse to the embargo. Isn’t it just for new players - either permanent or loan.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #5869 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 12:44:55 »

Surely those players already with us can have their contracts improved without recourse to the embargo. Isn’t it just for new players - either permanent or loan.

Nope, otherwise you could sign a player under the embargo terms, and then a day later offer them a new and improved contract.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5870 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 12:45:48 »

Ghana v Gabon this evening. If Ghana lose this one are they unable to qualify from their group?

Asking for a friend.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #5871 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 12:52:14 »

Ghana v Gabon this evening. If Ghana lose this one are they unable to qualify from their group?

Asking for a friend.
Yes they will be bottom on 0 points, they need to win 1 and draw one the remaining games to proceed.

Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #5872 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 12:54:08 »

I don’t know the embargo conditions, but one solution that could work for all concerned would be an extension (as we have with McKirdy, presumably on the same salary, but for a longer term. This assumes he had a one-yr contract in the first place and this isn’t just a renewal of a short term contract til the end of the season.) The new extension could offer an increased salary, to apply when we have settled the loan and the embargo is lifted. If we settle the loan, we therefore protect the value in the player. If we don’t settle the loan, there’s a release clause for free. That means the player gets the same flexibility as now, and security of a contract for next year (which they could of course use to negotiate a better deal elsewhere), and we reduce the risk of having to start off from scratch again in the summer. Some players (the likes of JoJo) might not go for it, and assume that they’re better off not having the security for next year, preferring to take their chances in the market.
Lemis

Ignore
« Reply #5873 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 13:08:28 »

Yes they will be bottom on 0 points, they need to win 1 and draw one the remaining games to proceed.

Isn't the tournament like the euros where four of the third placed teams progress to the knock outs, so Ghana could theoretically be in the next round with the one win?

Have you seen the writing on the wall?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #5874 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 13:11:40 »

Isn't the tournament like the euros where four of the third placed teams progress to the knock outs, so Ghana could theoretically be in the next round with the one win?
TBH I am not sure on that, I stand corrected.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #5875 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 20:41:35 »

Watching Wollacott in the AFCON. The Ayew brothers are a pair of obnoxious cunts aren’t they, all they do is moan at their team mates and give it the big I am. Ghana are awful and don’t seem to have any kind of team spirit.
Hunk

« Reply #5876 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 23:05:54 »

If this has been posted elsewhere I apologise, but the Adver say we’ve been granted 300k for Twine via tribunal and a 20% sell on fee. Am I right in thinking that’s one helluva result for the coffers if correct?
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #5877 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 23:13:52 »

If this has been posted elsewhere I apologise, but the Adver say we’ve been granted 300k for Twine via tribunal and a 20% sell on fee. Am I right in thinking that’s one helluva result for the coffers if correct?

Seems like better than we could have expected - especially if he goes for big bucks which is possible…
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #5878 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 23:34:03 »

Watching Wollacott in the AFCON. The Ayew brothers are a pair of obnoxious cunts aren’t they, all they do is moan at their team mates and give it the big I am. Ghana are awful and don’t seem to have any kind of team spirit.
Not really surprised.  Bet they have someone to wipe their arse for them.
I thought Ghana could easily have won that but they chose to sit back, fall over, waste time etc for the entire 2nd half.

The equaliser came from Ghana kicking the ball out on the half way line, because one of their players was rolling around holding his shin a minute or so after the ref said play on.

They had the ball - just get up you tart.  Also didn't understand why Ghana took a minute to make 2 subs.  Just get on with it - you need to win FFS.

Twattish stuff just does my head in.   Probably why I can't cope with the tippy tappy stuff at the back most of the time.   
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5879 on: Saturday, January 15, 2022, 14:16:35 »

Grant off
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 391 [392] 393 394 395 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: