Pages: 1 ... 388 389 390 [391] 392 393 394 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611578 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #5850 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 17:26:13 »

Defensively so many short memories on here.
It was absolutely fine up and until Orient away. You are going to get bad performances but suddenly we have definitely gone backwards defending since that game.
Going to be really tough Saturday and no doubt a change to formation.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #5851 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 17:36:06 »

Grant is still with us,  gotta be worth giving him a go at some stage,  the way we’re going we may need him more than he needs us.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5852 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 17:37:40 »

Who do you think has been our best defender?

Certainly not Conroy, who has been quite poor for some time now.

It’s also interesting that our defence has been fairly shambolic for the last month or so, which also coincides with him not playing

For me, it was a toss up between him & Rob Hunt
I don't think we have any "best defender" as such just decent middling L2 ones, Conroy is our best passer from defence, Odimayo is out best athletic defender and Hunt is very versatile, and Iandolo is better going forwards than defending but TBH they could all be replaced with similar or better.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #5853 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 18:45:14 »

I don't think we have any "best defender" as such just decent middling L2 ones, Conroy is our best passer from defence, Odimayo is out best athletic defender and Hunt is very versatile, and Iandolo is better going forwards than defending but TBH they could all be replaced with similar or better.

Would go with this.
Collectively though they can defend better. Still not having it all against the backline though, the movement in front of them is static, that can also be improved upon.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #5854 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 18:48:35 »

I wonder if Critchlow’s recall and loan to Plymouth is also financial - for Huddersfield.
I recall reading somewhere- I think in one of the press conferences - the embargo limits us to free transfers and low cost loans.
Maybe Plymouth offered a loan fee whereas the terms of his loan here were cheaper for us - meaning the new arrangement reduces the cost of his wages to  Huddersfield as well as. Getting him L1 experience.
I also recall he had a good game in the EFL trophy against them earlier in the season.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5855 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 19:47:48 »

Grant is still with us,  gotta be worth giving him a go at some stage,  the way we’re going we may need him more than he needs us.

Not at the back please. Remember him filling in there before and it was suicide.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #5856 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 08:44:04 »

I wonder if Critchlow’s recall and loan to Plymouth is also financial - for Huddersfield.
I recall reading somewhere- I think in one of the press conferences - the embargo limits us to free transfers and low cost loans.
Maybe Plymouth offered a loan fee whereas the terms of his loan here were cheaper for us - meaning the new arrangement reduces the cost of his wages to  Huddersfield as well as. Getting him L1 experience.
I also recall he had a good game in the EFL trophy against them earlier in the season.

Same as Villa.
Simply want their players to develop and pulled the players back from us with little notice.
Unfortunately the territory with these loan deals.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5857 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 09:11:48 »

Unfortunately with us in league 2 it's always an occupational hazard that loan players have a good first half of the season and their parent clubs then have the option to recall them, or as Huddersfield have done recall and then send to a club in a higher division. Clearly given our lack of any preparation pre-season getting players such as KKH and Crichlow were a blessing. I personally thought Crichlow was very good as our LCB and pretty disappointed to see him go.

2 more weeks of transfer window to go, Man City and Scott Twine money into the club, lets see where we are once the window is closed.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5858 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 11:23:00 »

McKirdy has signed a new contract.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #5859 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 11:26:49 »

McKirdy has signed a new contract.

We lost to Mansfield 3-2.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #5860 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 11:27:13 »

We haven’t been announcing lengths of these contract extensions. Does anyone know what lengths we have offered those who have signed on? Rob Angus has been a bit vague about terms of embargo and I wonder if that is deliberate.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #5861 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 11:31:38 »

We haven’t been announcing lengths of these contract extensions. Does anyone know what lengths we have offered those who have signed on? Rob Angus has been a bit vague about terms of embargo and I wonder if that is deliberate.

I thought we can only offer a one-year deal... maybe now it's January we can offer for next year? Wouldn't be surprised if the contract is a one-year extension with the option to extend by another year once the embargo is lifted in the summer. Would seem the most logical reason for not giving contract length
Peter Venkman

« Reply #5862 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 11:36:18 »

I thought we can only offer a one-year deal... maybe now it's January we can offer for next year? Wouldn't be surprised if the contract is a one-year extension with the option to extend by another year once the embargo is lifted in the summer. Would seem the most logical reason for not giving contract length
This is my take on it too.

JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #5863 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 11:39:55 »

This is my take on it too.

Who else have we extended? Iandolo and Ward?

Presume we could extend Iandolo because he was already a squad member pre-embargo and different rules around keepers hence Ward's extension.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #5864 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 12:04:57 »

Who else have we extended? Iandolo and Ward?

Presume we could extend Iandolo because he was already a squad member pre-embargo and different rules around keepers hence Ward's extension.
Thats the three that have been announced so far.

I hope Jojo will be added to that and Odimayo too.

Reed, Hunt, Payne, Williams, and possibly Lyden would be good to extend, the rest are neither here nor there if they stay or leave now for me.

Pages: 1 ... 388 389 390 [391] 392 393 394 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: