Pages: 1 ... 378 379 380 [381] 382 383 384 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611565 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5700 on: Friday, November 19, 2021, 13:25:42 »

So nobody will want him in January.

Don’t really like Garner moaning about his wages, though.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5701 on: Friday, November 19, 2021, 13:33:02 »

So nobody will want him in January.

Don’t really like Garner moaning about his wages, though.

Garner is right in the sense that we are paying him to not be here.
Although if he wasn’t on international duty we’d still be paying him not to play.

I’d understand this if Grant was playing or even if Garner wanted to play him (but couldn’t)

Grant is firmly down the pecking order and has a history of being difficult as a lot of his previous clubs and was most likely signed as a PR exercise as much as he was a footballer.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #5702 on: Friday, November 19, 2021, 13:33:08 »

I can see Garners frustration in all honesty.

I’d imagine Grant is being paid in or around the £1300pw limit we are allowed to spend, so one of the higher earners. When Garner signed him, Grant had never played for his country so Garner wouldn’t have thought about him missing as many games as he has.

So we are paying one of our highest earners to basically play for Jamaica which means he is unable to train for weeks on end.

That coupled with a couple of late returns, and I’d be pissed off too.  
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5703 on: Friday, November 19, 2021, 13:37:14 »

It's not a later return though, they played Tuesday night local time here.  He wouldn't have managed to get a flight until the next evening and arrived yesterday - at best.  I don't blame him, plenty of players are knocked for not representing their country properly.  Every time he goes away, we have no choice but to plan for him being gone for a few weeks right now.  Next batch of games is end of Jan, he will go out a few days earlier to meet-up with the squad and not be back and in training until second week in Feb at the earliest.  Then again in March but for a few days more.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #5704 on: Friday, November 19, 2021, 13:47:10 »

Grant's last game was Tuesday, so you would hope he would be back in training yesterday as surely he would be able to get a flight back on Weds, although depending on flight times then maybe today.

JoJo last game was Sunday so he would have returned.

You can see the frustration, Grant is on international duty, then back for a couple of weeks then gone again, it is awkward to fit him into a team if he will be missing games, and then with the midfield fairly settled as well.

Maybe in his mind he does not feel he needs to hurry back as he will not be in the team and and will return to training next week.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5705 on: Friday, November 19, 2021, 13:49:19 »

I can see Garners frustration in all honesty.

I’d imagine Grant is being paid in or around the £1300pw limit we are allowed to spend, so one of the higher earners. When Garner signed him, Grant had never played for his country so Garner wouldn’t have thought about him missing as many games as he has.

I suspect its a bit of both ways, Garner never expected him to be an international and when he was called up Grant probably expected to be able to slot straight back in when h got back. As it has transpired we have done pretty well without him, seem to have decent replacements and he hasn't been able to get his place back.

It's not a later return though, they played Tuesday night local time here.  He wouldn't have managed to get a flight until the next evening and arrived yesterday - at best.  

I suspect its the sheer distances involved and the time zones that is fucking things up as much as anything, a quick google suggests London - Jamaica flight is c.10 hrs, Ldn-Ghana is c.6, add into that the time zones and Grants is going to be much more onerous.

Cannot see anyone bothering with him in January (And why would he move he has a contract here) and a see what happens come the summer.

I understand Garners frustrations, but equally perhaps its a bit of a compliment that his players are getting noticed?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #5706 on: Friday, November 19, 2021, 13:55:48 »

Just found this from the adver press conference:

He arrived back in Heathrow yesterday, so Town are waiting to see if he can come in today (Covid-test pending)

So he arrived back on time, but the delay is his covid test
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5707 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 14:21:46 »

Rob Angus confirming we have space in the budget to sign some players in January and that the council have upped their valuation of the County Ground but that they are meeting them to get a proper valuation to continue with the purchase of the CG from them.

Also he confirmed the tribunal is in the coming month for the Scott Twine transfer to MK Dongs.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5708 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 14:37:04 »

No surprise the valuation is higher than 3/4 years ago. Can’t think it’s huge, though.

Maybe £2.5m up from £2.2m.
Flashheart

« Reply #5709 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 14:42:29 »

No surprise the valuation is higher than 3/4 years ago. Can’t think it’s huge, though.

Maybe £2.5m up from £2.2m.

For a moment there I thought you were talking about Twine.
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #5710 on: Tuesday, November 30, 2021, 18:16:14 »

Iandolo signs a contract extension, presumably until the end of 22/23 season.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5711 on: Tuesday, November 30, 2021, 18:22:06 »

I'm not mad, but not necessarily where I'd have started with contract extensions...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5712 on: Tuesday, November 30, 2021, 18:24:28 »

Quote from: Nemo
I'm not mad, but not necessarily where I'd have started with contract extensions...

quite.

But while restrictions won't be in place vect season, are we allowed to offer contracts on that basis?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5713 on: Tuesday, November 30, 2021, 18:25:44 »

May be wrong but are the restrictions for new signings only
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #5714 on: Tuesday, November 30, 2021, 18:56:54 »

I'd imagine this one would be easier to agree than the ones who'd be higher up our collective lists.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 380 [381] 382 383 384 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: