Pages: 1 ... 379 380 381 [382] 383 384 385 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1616893 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #5715 on: Tuesday, November 30, 2021, 19:57:07 »

Iandolo signs a contract extension, presumably until the end of 22/23 season.

Nothing has been released on length, if I remember rightly we have not been told the length of Garners contract either, I hope this is not a something the club are deliberately doing
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #5716 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 17:18:52 »

So Ward has also signed a new contract but again no length given.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5717 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 17:26:54 »

weird how contract lengths not being declared.

Any idea why?
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #5718 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 18:17:16 »

Carrying on the previous regime’s traditions?   Wink

Honestly though, no idea. Seems bizzare.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #5719 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 20:11:47 »

Wasn’t it part of the embargo that new contracts can only be for 1 year?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5720 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 20:23:31 »

Is that different from extending current contracts?
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #5721 on: Thursday, December 2, 2021, 09:03:13 »

The Ellis Iandolo and Lewis Ward contract extensions are both until Summer 2023 I am told.

Unsure why the contract lengths aren't disclosed on the website articles. Seems an easy/obvious thing to include.

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5722 on: Thursday, December 2, 2021, 09:21:42 »

So Ward has also signed a new contract but again no length given.

A4, arf!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5723 on: Thursday, December 2, 2021, 09:27:00 »

The Ellis Iandolo and Lewis Ward contract extensions are both until Summer 2023 I am told.

Unsure why the contract lengths aren't disclosed on the website articles. Seems an easy/obvious thing to include.

Thanks!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #5724 on: Thursday, December 2, 2021, 09:49:01 »

I think it pretty obvious why Iandolo and Ward are the first extensions - would expect them to be more willing than others to be on a short term contract again and within the embargo budget.  I fully expect that there are some gentlemen agreements in there that tells them that another extension will be given once out of the embargo as long as A,B,C are fullfilled.

It also probably has something to do with the agents that they use.  I can't think of many others in the squad (outside of the youngsters) that might be willing to not be looking for longer term security and more money from their contracts though - but you can see why they are doing this.  It's a message to the fans that they are aware of the concerns of short term contracts from the fans and are actively making moves to address it.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #5725 on: Thursday, December 2, 2021, 09:59:37 »

I think it pretty obvious why Iandolo and Ward are the first extensions - would expect them to be more willing than others to be on a short term contract again and within the embargo budget.  I fully expect that there are some gentlemen agreements in there that tells them that another extension will be given once out of the embargo as long as A,B,C are fullfilled.

It also probably has something to do with the agents that they use.  I can't think of many others in the squad (outside of the youngsters) that might be willing to not be looking for longer term security and more money from their contracts though - but you can see why they are doing this.  It's a message to the fans that they are aware of the concerns of short term contracts from the fans and are actively making moves to address it.

Yeah agree with this Berni. I think it's encouraging that we are seeing players tied down onto longer contracts, yes Ward and Iandolo aren't the most important players in the team, but they are important squad players, Ward also becomes massively more important when the African Nations/World Cup are on so good to get that security sorted.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5726 on: Thursday, December 2, 2021, 10:07:14 »

Assuming he stays for its duration, that will be Iandolo's eighth season here, I cannot think of a player who has been here that long in recent times (bet there are loads).

Think he sticks around due to his versatility, albeit he has already played more games this season (to date) than he has over any previous complete seasons, so Garner obviously likes him.
Hunk

« Reply #5727 on: Thursday, December 2, 2021, 10:10:06 »

Assuming he stays for its duration, that will be Iandolo's eighth season here, I cannot think of a player who has been here that long in recent times (bet there are loads).

Think he sticks around due to his versatility, albeit he has already played more games this season (to date) than he has over any previous complete seasons, so Garner obviously likes him.

Nathan Thompson was the first that sprung to mind. His first season was 2010/11 and his last was 2016/2017. He was on our books from 2007/08 however.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #5728 on: Thursday, December 2, 2021, 10:10:19 »

Garner is possibly the coach that Iandolo needs to improve his game. I think we have already seen improvements to his game. Defensively he's not great and his delivery into the box needs work but there is a handy enough League 2 utility player there. Whether he can go much above that level is debatable, but under Garner is more achievable than under previous managers by the looks of things.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5729 on: Thursday, December 2, 2021, 10:13:11 »

but there is a handy enough League 2 utility player there. Whether he can go much above that level is debatable, but under Garner is more achievable than under previous managers by the looks of things.

And there I suspect is why he is happy to sign a years extension with a manager who rates him, and if we do go up he at least gets another years salary!
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 381 [382] 383 384 385 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: