Pages: 1 ... 349 350 351 [352] 353 354 355 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611686 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5265 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2021, 14:32:35 »

I know things are shit, but I find it highly unlikely that those will be the only players we will have when the season starts. The transfer window isn't even open yet...

The transfer window being open is irrelevant for us I imagine. we'll be operating on picking up freebies which we can utilise now if needed. I imagine McGreal and Jewell are probably working out what we can and can't do and who we can bring in shortly. I guess the Twine compensation has an impact on budget so we're probably waiting to see how much that brings in (although I guess it might go straight into someone's pocket if he can help it)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #5266 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2021, 14:33:13 »

Well it is that time of year on the TEF, early June is when some people start to panic about making no signings

It’s a traditional even during the better periods in our history
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5267 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2021, 14:34:47 »

I disagree. I think we will only field half a team with no keeper and fans on the bench.

Our only hope is that the cloning of Curran is successful so we can stuff the team full of them.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5268 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2021, 14:36:38 »

Well it is that time of year on the TEF, early June is when some people start to panic about making no signings

Personally there is no panic from me re signings, its just the surprise at the total nothingness from the club to try and build up some kind of interest about next season.

I'm not really expecting players to filter into the club until end of June, into July. McGreal isn't long into the club to be fair so these things are going to take a bit of time.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5269 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2021, 14:36:50 »

I disagree. I think we will only field half a team with no keeper and fans on the bench.

Our only hope is that the cloning of Curran is successful so we can stuff the team full of them.

We all dream of a team of Taylor Cs
A team of Taylor Cs!

Not all dreams are good dreams, of course...
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #5270 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2021, 14:55:00 »

My point stands.

We will not be going into the new season without signing some players. I'm not expecting much to be excited about, but still.

Same every summer

I'm less irked by it this year due to all the uncertainty.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5271 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2021, 14:56:59 »

I wonder what will happen if MK Dongs can't afford the fee? usually with U23 transfers the fee is paid all up front rather than in installments like other transfers.

I would think with all the hype that has surrounded him this season that we would be due over £250k+ add ons and that would be the most they have spent on a player.

Their current record signing is £200,000 to Bristol City for Kieran Agard.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5272 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2021, 14:59:05 »

Same every summer

I'm less irked by it this year due to all the uncertainty.
Absolutely, if you check every other L2 forum the only team signing any players at the moment seems to be the Brizzle Sags, every other one is full of "when will we make some signings".

The players contracts aren't even up until 30th June and PdC had no players under contract for us at this same stage in his first season in charge and look how that went.

Its still very very early.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5273 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2021, 15:02:09 »

PdC had no players under contract for us at this same stage in his first season in charge and look how that went.

Yes, we ended up panic signing Ibrahim Atiku, Lander Gabilondo, Mattia Lanzano and Alberto Comazzi! You are of course right but perhaps not the greatest example of transfer business done well.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5274 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2021, 15:08:14 »

I still don’t think McGreal would have joined if he hadn’t received some acceptable assurances. I doubt he would have remained unemployed for long if he declined STFC.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #5275 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2021, 15:43:23 »

I couldn't give a crap about player signing given the situation.  Wouldn't it be lovely if the EFL would let us have a Bye this round (this round being the season 21/22) at least then we would have time to sort out this shitshow of a club (hopefully)

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5276 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2021, 15:58:53 »

More importantly what the fuck is Mildenhall doing all summer, he has no one to coach!
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #5277 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2021, 16:02:36 »

Phil Brown 18/19 season first signing came on the 18th June,  feels like we will be waiting even longer this season....
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5278 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2021, 16:12:23 »

More importantly what the fuck is Mildenhall doing all summer, he has no one to coach!

Doing the job that the director of football should be doing
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #5279 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2021, 16:27:14 »

We all dream of a team of Taylor Cs
A team of Taylor Cs!

Not all dreams are good dreams, of course...

oooo curran taylor
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 351 [352] 353 354 355 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: