Pages: 1 ... 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1627039 times)
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #2355 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 20:28:11 »

Complete donkey....think Trevor Benjamin.
I was staggered to hear on the football league show at the weekend that he has netted 20+ this season....it must not just be League 1 that has declined in standard.

Ajose is an interesting one, I agree with those who think he wouldn't cut it at a higher level as his all round game is very limited. That said, whilst half a million maximum would probably be the correct amount for him, I really don't know who would be an adequate replacement goals wise for that amount. Anyone got any thoughts aside from that carthorse Akinde?

Is 500k worth gambling survival for? I don't think so, and unless a club bids more than that I would like to think we'd keep him for another season. That said, listening to Williams post match yesterday I am sure he is off.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #2356 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 21:02:31 »

Ajose scores and nowt else.

A real asset to us this season but a team will have to accommodate him , rather than sign him as a useful additional.

I really hope we sign an imposing midfielder who can head, tackle and make a short pass to the footballing midfielders. Really missed a player like that who can cut up rough when the physical teams show up.

Shame that Rodgers probably won't turn up for pre season having reinvented himself as a David Perkins type midfielder, which is exactly what we need at this level.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2357 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 06:38:08 »

Shame that Rodgers probably won't turn up for pre season having reinvented himself as a David Perkins type midfielder, which is exactly what we need at this level.
Sadly it's more likely to be a David Prutton type of midfielder?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #2358 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 07:18:51 »

Sadly it's more likely to be a David Prutton type of midfielder?

Ha, yes, he of the not so subtle "I don't want the ball from this throw in" hand signal.
If ever there was one signing that completely unbalanced a previously successful team then he was the one.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #2359 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 07:40:52 »

Ha, yes, he of the not so subtle "I don't want the ball from this throw in" hand signal.
If ever there was one signing that completely unbalanced a previously successful team then he was the one.

On paper, that team should've been decent!

Roaming the land while you sleep..
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #2360 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 09:14:20 »

It would be interesting to see Ajose's goals-to-shots ratio.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-one/top-scorers
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2361 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 09:29:48 »

0 assists, that's a proper striker
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2362 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 09:33:18 »

0 assists, that's a proper striker

Super Jon only has 2. Some of our defenders would be well up in the assist list...for the opposition.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2363 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 09:34:32 »

I noticed in the Shrewsbury game Ajose was dropping deeper and getting more involved in the play. At one stage he was in our own half working back. I think this may be key next season given the slow and fairly static nature of our play at times.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Panda Paws

« Reply #2364 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 09:35:10 »

Interesting to see Brad Barry got players' player. Think he's much more highly internally than externally...
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #2365 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 09:37:58 »

Some of our defenders would be well up in the assist list...for the opposition.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2366 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 09:41:01 »

Super Jon only has 2. Some of our defenders would be well up in the assist list...for the opposition.

He has missed 2 sitters(ish) in the last 2 games. The one against Chesterfield did come quickly to him 6 yards out which went over the bar. Against Shrewsbury he had a great chance 12 yards out and again put it over the bar. 2 chances which you would expect Ajose to gobble up.

I don't think goalkeeper saves/drops for Ajose to tap in is counted as Assists, I think if they did, Jon's assist record would be much higher.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #2367 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 09:46:05 »

so with 35 goals between them Nicky Ajose and Jonathan Obika are divisions best strike partnership. Certainly without Obika Ajose was no where near as effective as demonstrated by Cooper playing him out wide where he barely touched the ball for about a month. Ling going with 2 up front essentially saved us from the certainty of relegation that the previous formation would have brought about.

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #2368 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 15:32:23 »

BBC Wiltshire Sport ‏@BBCWiltsSport  1m1 minute ago
FOOTBALL @Official_STFC release Balmy Calvin Cooke Marshall Robert Traore. Sendles-White & Brophy sign till 2017 and 2018 respectively #stfc

Never knowingly overstated.
Panda Paws

« Reply #2369 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 15:32:31 »

Retained list out according to Beeb:

Balmy, Calvin, Cooke, Marshall, Robert, Traore gone.

JSW and Brophy sign extensions (2017, 18 respectively).

Trigger option on Kasim, M Smith, Iandolo, Barry, Obika.

Negotiations continue with Tom Smith and HIM.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: