Pages: 1 ... 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1625618 times)
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #2340 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 16:54:47 »

man u sold Ronaldo because enough money was offered. it's what you do with it that counts

Look what we eventually sold Matt Ritchie for. There were rumours of a much higher bid being turned down earlier in the season, but we rejected it to keep the side together.

George Ndah, we got a decent fee for, he then sadly spent most of the rest of his career injured!

Sell when you're offered an amount you are happy with. And if possible, reinvest to replace. The rules of the transfer market are quite simple.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #2341 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 16:55:09 »

What is most impressive about Ajose's goal haul this season is that he barely scored until Ling took over.

With ST sales (presumably) down and a training ground to pay for, there should be no doubt that he'll be sold this summer.

Also worth noting that he scored only 5 goals up until beginning of November, then Ross Embleton was appointed as coach and he's bagged 18 goals since then.
Maybe a coincidence, but does seem to show an impact he's had since he's been appointed.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #2342 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 17:09:23 »

man u sold Ronaldo because enough money was offered. it's what you do with it that counts

I'd like to think that last season's sales has paid back most (if not all) of the money the Power put in to cover the costs before we could get to break even, so on that basis can re-invest.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #2343 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 17:18:40 »

Didn't half of it go back to Spurs?

Say we cleared £2m back into the club, most of that would go towards losses and training ground. Power was quoted as saying he was owed £4million in January, possibly more now.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #2344 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 17:26:13 »

Didn't half of it go back to Spurs?

Say we cleared £2m back into the club, most of that would go towards losses and training ground. Power was quoted as saying he was owed £4million in January, possibly more now.

That was for Luongo wasn't it, the money for Byrne & Gladwin was ours I thought, could be wrong though.

As for the training ground, isn't that coming out of his pocket. Hence why the club need to rent it back from him.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2345 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 17:34:05 »

According to the abbreviated accounts (up to May 2015)  we were virtually debt free (-£87,000) before player sales, Wembley etc.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2346 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 17:37:15 »

Based on Coopers snide little digs constantly since he left i would be amazed if we done any business with him ever.

Considering his record at Notts County I would suggest he would be better advised to keep his head down and show that he can be a decent manager on his own rather than bitching about his time here?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2347 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 18:14:35 »

According to the abbreviated accounts (up to May 2015)  we were virtually debt free (-£87,000) before player sales, Wembley etc.

That's not debt, that's the P&L.  Debt levels would be shown in the Balance Sheet and will have accrued in previous years.  Think it was around the £5m to £6m mark in total, which did include the secured charge Black holds on the club.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2348 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 18:37:03 »

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/00053100/SWINDON-TOWN-FOOTBALL-COMPANY-LIMITED/financial-accounts

Yep, nearly £5m in long term debt and overal net worth of -£6.6m!!  A basket case of a business that someone has to be funding, be it a person, a bank overdraft, loans, whatever.  But up to 31st May 2015 it was all bad - the player sales will have come in after this, so we should see a reduction in debt in the next accounts (Feb 2017).
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2349 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 18:37:55 »

I'd like to think that last season's sales has paid back most (if not all) of the money the Power put in to cover the costs before we could get to break even, so on that basis can re-invest.
who knows, that's the problem with closed owners. their prerogative blah blah blah.

I'm not expecting much to change, but given we can't loan our way out of a shit sandwich next year I hope we can at lest get a few prospects by offering reasonable wages compared to competing clubs. better strength in the (lack of) depth if you like.

oh and if ajose goes, it would be good to give game time to Hylton along side Obika in prec season. I'm yet to be convinced, but he's had about as much chance as Storey to impress do far.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #2350 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 19:01:09 »

Ajose scores and nowt else.

A real asset to us this season but a team will have to accommodate him , rather than sign him as a useful additional.

I really hope we sign an imposing midfielder who can head, tackle and make a short pass to the footballing midfielders. Really missed a player like that who can cut up rough when the physical teams show up.

Clems Army!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #2351 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 19:11:20 »

Ajose scores and nowt else.

A real asset to us this season but a team will have to accommodate him , rather than sign him as a useful additional.

I really hope we sign an imposing midfielder who can head, tackle and make a short pass to the footballing midfielders. Really missed a player like that who can cut up rough when the physical teams show up.
If Williams still has any contacts at Brighton we could do a lot worse than Rohan Ince. The bloke is a beast.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #2352 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 19:32:48 »

chance=-0
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2353 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 19:36:04 »

What about John Akinde is Ajose goes? Or is he Obika-like?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2354 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 19:41:13 »

What about John Akinde is Ajose goes? Or is he Obika-like?

Complete donkey....think Trevor Benjamin.
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: