Pages: 1 ... 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1625446 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #2325 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 14:31:26 »

I can see Hylton going to FGR on loan whether they're in the Conference or L2 next season. Whatever, it would be a good move for all parties I think.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #2326 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 14:32:59 »

I can see Hylton going to FGR on loan whether they're in the Conference or L2 next season. Whatever, it would be a good move for all parties I think.
Based on Coopers snide little digs constantly since he left i would be amazed if we done any business with him ever.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #2327 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 14:34:15 »

Yes, you get the impression that we won't be going to FGR for a friendly this summer....
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2328 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 15:56:34 »

So Luke Williams says we have interest from clubs after Ajose, with one of these rumoured to be Wolves.

I am guessing £800k would be about the going rate, I think we will take £1m if it was offered though.

Swindon Town won't turn down big offers for Ajose, says Williams
With a penalty and a tidy finish against Shrewsbury, Nicky Ajose finished off his personal League One season in mercurial fashion, checking in with 24 league goals in total. With the summer transfer window looming, manager Luke Williams admits Ajose may be heading for the exit door.

Despite missing stints of the season through injury, Ajose has made a regular habit of plundering goals against any opposition put in front of him.

While it has been a turbulent season for Swindon Town, with three managerial changes and patches of worrying winless streaks, Ajose's form has not faltered throughout.

Speaking after the final game of the League One season, manager Luke Williams was quick to praise the efforts of his potent number 10, though he highlighted the situation the club would face, should a bid come in for the forward.

"Obviously you need goals and when you've got a striker who's scoring 24 league goals that's so important,," Williams began.

"I think, to be honest, though, we have to say if Nicky is in hot demand - which I'm sure he is - and somebody tables an offer that the football club can't refuse then we have to accept that.

"We will find the next player to work with and try to make plenty of opportunities for somebody else," he added.

When questioned about his thoughts of Ajose potentially remaining with the club, Williams praised the forward's ability to do, in his view, the hardest thing in football.

"I'm not sure how Nicky would feel about that but for me personally I wouldn't lose too much sleep if Nicky was not whisked away from here," said Williams.

"I think it's a great thing to have somebody who can do the hardest thing in football," he added.

Ajose joined up with the Robins at the eleventh hour during last summer's transfer window, after being released by Championship side Leeds United.

Since then, Ajose has hit 24 goals in 38 appearances for Town, including a hat-trick in the home victory over Blackpool.

Ajose's blistering form, aided by a solid partnership with fellow striker Jon Obika, has seen his stock greatly increase.

The 24-year-old former Manchester United trainee is believed to be attracting the interest of Championship side Wolves, who are searching for the necessary firepower to send them back to England's premier division.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2329 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 16:06:24 »

You'd think after buying Byrne they'd steer clear of STFC
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #2330 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 16:09:12 »

If ever you wanted evidence that Ajose's game is all about goal scoring this is it, 24 goals and not a single assist. A bit of a freak stat.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-one/top-scorers
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #2331 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 16:10:17 »

What is most impressive about Ajose's goal haul this season is that he barely scored until Ling took over.

With ST sales (presumably) down and a training ground to pay for, there should be no doubt that he'll be sold this summer.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2332 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 16:11:22 »

Would that be acceptable for a Championship club? Bearing in mind he'd more than likely score maybe half this season's total.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #2333 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 16:11:59 »

Ajose would need a good partner to be a hit in the Championship, hope he stays here
Panda Paws

« Reply #2334 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 16:17:31 »

Ajose is one of those strikers that is a dying breed because he's useless up front on his own. Can't imagine many Championship clubs playing with two up, but him alongside someone like Daryl Murphy at Ipswich would work. Millwall tend to play with 2 up top too, Forest, Preston and Bristol City, maybe....

Any club doing proper due diligence on him will know that, thus there are very limited options for to move on really.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2335 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 16:29:27 »

You'd think after buying Byrne they'd steer clear of STFC

He's appeared in over half their league games since joining, a few more starts than sub appearances as well.  I completely missed that he scored against City.

For that division, that's a worthy spend I guess, especially as they keep saying good things about his potential.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 9, 2016, 16:32:05 by RobertT » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2336 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 16:34:17 »

If ever you wanted evidence that Ajose's game is all about goal scoring this is it, 24 goals and not a single assist. A bit of a freak stat.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-one/top-scorers

A modern day lower leagues Gary Lineker!  They just don't exist anymore, so this may be our saving grace as a club would have to find a way to fit him in.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #2337 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 16:34:50 »

Ajose is one of those strikers that is a dying breed because he's useless up front on his own. Can't imagine many Championship clubs playing with two up, but him alongside someone like Daryl Murphy at Ipswich would work. Millwall tend to play with 2 up top too, Forest, Preston and Bristol City, maybe....

Any club doing proper due diligence on him will know that, thus there are very limited options for to move on really.

They'll also see that he's scored goals in a team where Rodgers and Traore can notch up 30+ appearances in midfield between them, sometimes even playing in the same starting XI!

It would be interesting to see Ajose's goals-to-shots ratio.
Flashheart

« Reply #2338 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 16:38:56 »

So then a L1 club would sell an asset if enough money was offered.

And in other news, a bear was today spotted entering a wood with some toilet paper.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2339 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 16:41:57 »

man u sold Ronaldo because enough money was offered. it's what you do with it that counts
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: