Pages: 1 ... 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1625613 times)
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #2250 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2016, 07:20:48 »

Wasn't Matty Tubbs a Salisbury boy? I also believe we looked at him a few years back very good finisher at conference and 4th division level.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #2251 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2016, 07:50:42 »

Good old google also has a Nathan born in Chester and Louis born in Dover,not sure how accurate that is though. Jordan Turnbull and Lewis Haldane both Trowbridge lads though
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #2252 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2016, 07:58:17 »

Good old google also has a Nathan born in Chester and Louis born in Dover,not sure how accurate that is though. Jordan Turnbull and Lewis Haldane both Trowbridge lads though

Yep, amazing the number of players that come from Trowbridge. Could get a whole 11 just from there.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #2253 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2016, 08:16:34 »

Rob Newman (Bristol City and Norwich) was born in Bradford on Avon and Matthew Bound (Swansea and Oxford) is from Melksham.
Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« Reply #2254 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2016, 09:00:51 »

Kenny Stroud ?
Went to Penhill school.

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #2255 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2016, 09:20:07 »

Kenny Stroud ?
Went to Penhill school.

Wikipedia has him as being born in Fulham. Must have moved young though as he was playing for Swindon schools apparently.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #2256 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2016, 09:29:20 »

Wikipedia has him as being born in Fulham. Must have moved young though as he was playing for Swindon schools apparently.

You can have his son David, who forgettably made two appearance in 05-06.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2257 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2016, 09:39:43 »

So, in conclusion, we haven't really let any kids go that we had who later turned out to be great.  Thus meaning our policy of flogging them while in the youth set-up is pretty sound and most people wanting to see our "own" would in fact see a shitter team than we can muster right now.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2258 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2016, 09:47:11 »

You can have his son David, who forgettably made two appearance in 05-06.

Nothing forgettable about his debut away at Huddersfield. He was quality that day.
Started the next (?) game against Boston(?) got injured and that was that.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #2259 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2016, 10:03:38 »

So, answering my own original question, I come up with this attack-minded 11. Even with a century or more of resources, I think we'd struggle above Champ level. Just like today, we don't seem to make many great defenders in Wiltshire:

Sam Burton

Rob Newman - Matt Mills - Ben Thatcher - John Trollope

Fitzroy Simpson - Roger Smart - Ray Barlow - Darren Eadie

John Atyeo - Harold Fleming

Subs: Steve Mildenhall - Jordan Turnbull Adi Viveash - Andy Pearce - Paul Trollope - Nathan Dyer - Dean Ashton - Brett Angell Mick Channon - Ernie Hunt

Edit: Some Reg-influenced changes
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 5, 2016, 11:57:24 by Red Frog » Logged

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2260 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2016, 10:50:44 »

You should have Ray Barlow in there, also a strong case for Bobby Woodruff, Cliff Jackson and Archie Bown.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #2261 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2016, 11:04:33 »

You should have Ray Barlow in there, also a strong case for Bobby Woodruff, Cliff Jackson and Archie Bown.

Damn, knew you should be doing this instead of me. Didn't see these names come up as Wiltshire boys, and frankly have little idea of their quality relative to my selections, though as an England international Ray Barlow must go in. Feel free to suggest an alternative team. Still doesn't look world-beating though does it?

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2262 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2016, 11:17:34 »

Damn, knew you should be doing this instead of me. Didn't see these names come up as Wiltshire boys, and frankly have little idea of their quality relative to my selections, though as an England international Ray Barlow must go in. Feel free to suggest an alternative team. Still doesn't look world-beating though does it?

John Atyeo and Harold Fleming would have been some front 2, Ernie Hunt would have to be in the starting XI, I noticed that Ern has one of those plaque things at the Ricoh, along with other Sky Blue legends like Killer Kilcline and Big Oggy.

Gentleman John and Our Arold, would probably have been the nicest front 2 in the history of the game....no arguing with the ref, diving, elbowing, spitting, shirt removing there.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #2263 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2016, 11:31:40 »

John Atyeo and Harold Fleming would have been some front 2, Ernie Hunt would have to be in the starting XI, I noticed that Ern has one of those plaque things at the Ricoh, along with other Sky Blue legends like Killer Kilcline and Big Oggy.

Gentleman John and Our Arold, would probably have been the nicest front 2 in the history of the game....no arguing with the ref, diving, elbowing, spitting, shirt removing there.

Yes, forwards really haven't been a Wiltshire problem.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2264 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2016, 11:36:31 »

Yes, forwards really haven't been a Wiltshire problem.

You could have a back 2 of Andrew Thompson and Adi Viveash, neither quite made it with us but were well regarded elsewhere.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: