Pages: 1 ... 359 360 361 [362] 363 364 365 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1623324 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #5415 on: Thursday, August 5, 2021, 15:38:38 »

I think if the striker or 2 we bring in can show a statement of intent on the same level as Gladwin or Payne for instance and also recruit well at LB and CB then I don't think we'll be too far away. That said, our preparation and lack of pre-season and cohesion makes it a tough ask regardless of who we bring in. Next season is when we are likely to be excited but if we get into the play-offs this season we'll have done bloody well!
I think we have to be careful here.

Lets try not to pin too much on Gladwin - He was on the up when he left, but is he the same player now? He went through a purple patch prior to leaving but was equally as disappointing at times. Injury ravaged 3 years a Blackburn and a 'steady' year with MK last year. Hopefully he can reproduce his past glories with us, and if he does he will be awesome in this division. But that is not a certainty!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #5416 on: Thursday, August 5, 2021, 15:41:08 »

I think if the striker or 2 we bring in can show a statement of intent on the same level as Gladwin or Payne for instance and also recruit well at LB and CB then I don't think we'll be too far away. That said, our preparation and lack of pre-season and cohesion makes it a tough ask regardless of who we bring in. Next season is when we are likely to be excited but if we get into the play-offs this season we'll have done bloody well!

Can’t really argue with that. Fully expecting bottom by November but pick up as the season goes. Remember Barnsley going on a similar run a few years back in L1
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5417 on: Thursday, August 5, 2021, 15:42:00 »

Our traditional Winter push  Roll Eyes
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5418 on: Thursday, August 5, 2021, 15:43:19 »

I think we have to be careful here.

Lets try not to pin too much on Gladwin - He was on the up when he left, but is he the same player now? He went through a purple patch prior to leaving but was equally as disappointing at times. Injury ravaged 3 years a Blackburn and a 'steady' year with MK last year. Hopefully he can reproduce his past glories with us, and if he does he will be awesome in this division. But that is not a certainty!

No you are absolutely right. Signing Gladwin is a huge risk but Franchise fans have said if he can stay fit he should really be playing in league 1 minimum. I hope they are right. All I was trying to emphasise was that Gladwin is potentially a standout player at this level and if we can recruit similarly up front, we could be in for a good season.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #5419 on: Thursday, August 5, 2021, 15:47:02 »

Yes Yes

Nil illegitimi carborundum Smiley
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #5420 on: Thursday, August 5, 2021, 15:49:16 »

Clap Clap

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #5421 on: Thursday, August 5, 2021, 15:51:43 »

No you are absolutely right. Signing Gladwin is a huge risk but Franchise fans have said if he can stay fit he should really be playing in league 1 minimum. I hope they are right. All I was trying to emphasise was that Gladwin is potentially a standout player at this level and if we can recruit similarly up front, we could be in for a good season.
I really hope it works out for Gladwin and his injuries are behind him. Would be wonderful if we could build a really strong foundation that would only need minor tweaks to progress - Like Macari/Ardiles/Hoddle's team of the late 80s.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #5422 on: Friday, August 6, 2021, 12:05:27 »

Hi guys have we got an up to date squad list now post recent signings
Flashheart

« Reply #5423 on: Friday, August 6, 2021, 12:08:08 »

It looks up to date. Grant was our last signing and he's up there.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #5424 on: Friday, August 6, 2021, 12:18:32 »

16 pros eh. Definitely need more bodies.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #5425 on: Friday, August 6, 2021, 12:31:32 »

Nil illegitimi carborundum Smiley

Funny. That will be the t shirt of choice for tomorrow, English version, courtesy of The Men They Couldn't Hang.

With the proposed reintroduction of Latin into schools at least the youth of tomorrow won't have to resort to Google to translate.

Venient super te reds.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5426 on: Friday, August 6, 2021, 12:34:41 »

Romanes eunt domus  Smiley
kaufman

« Reply #5427 on: Saturday, August 7, 2021, 09:59:51 »

I see East has been included. Couldn’t see Reed.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 7, 2021, 11:09:46 by kaufman » Logged
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5428 on: Saturday, August 7, 2021, 12:13:34 »

That isn't a bad squad at all when you look at it to start with. Gotta be getting another striker in though.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #5429 on: Saturday, August 7, 2021, 12:16:15 »

That isn't a bad squad at all when you look at it to start with. Gotta be getting another striker in though.
I agree, a young striker prospect and 1 experienced striker are a priority now.

I see Akinde is trialling at Oldham, I am not a fan of his but he knows where the goal is in L2.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 361 [362] 363 364 365 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: