Pages: 1 ... 360 361 362 [363] 364 365 366 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1618253 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #5430 on: Sunday, August 8, 2021, 08:42:34 »

19 man squad now, that is good going, I'd suggest we need to strengthen up front and in defence, maybe another experienced player, or do we have enough...we now have a lot of youngsters they may need that extra guidance at times.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #5431 on: Sunday, August 8, 2021, 08:43:48 »

I think in time we will see Baudry move to be that experience coming from te bench
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #5432 on: Sunday, August 8, 2021, 08:58:57 »

Another winger and a left back it looks to me.

Sent from my XQ-AD51
kaufman

« Reply #5433 on: Sunday, August 8, 2021, 18:27:30 »

I don't think they're done with the midfield and it wasn't until yesterday that I can see why.
Once a few injuries may kick in we need the strength in depth for sure. Just a case of keeping all those players happy if they all stay fit with our new shiny medical and conditioning team.

It'll be Kelly and one other (George Mceachran still rumoured)
That will be the midfield sorted and then it'll be a couple of forwards, one which might be also be able to play wide.
Wouldn't rule out another defender but I think Romany can fill the LB role as well as CB.
Hunt is a great player to have as he can play either side as we know.

Once that's sorted then maybe a couple of the younger one we'll see go out on loan.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 8, 2021, 18:29:16 by kaufman » Logged
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #5434 on: Sunday, August 8, 2021, 18:39:09 »

I don't think they're done with the midfield and it wasn't until yesterday that I can see why once a few injuries may kick in.
It'll be Kelly and one other (George Mceachran still rumoured)
That will be the midfield sorted and then it'll be a couple of forwards, one which might be also be able to play wide.
Wouldn't rule out another defender but I think Romany can fill the LB role as well as CB.
Hunt is a great player to have as he can play either side as we know.

Interestingly BG said said he was looking for quality over quantity. Fair enough but there is a delicate balancing act with a ‘tight’ budget at any level and especially at our level and precarious financial position. That said if you’re looking to load a team with inexpensive injury prone players then you’ll need more. Going for quality then you’d expect to pay a bit more in W hich case you’ll have less bodies. Worth remembering as I said that recently Clem is not, how shall I put this? Using the club to feed a voracious beast and there IS by inference more money to spend (within the EFL/FA embargo rules) but I’d suggest more of the budget on less players, see how it looks, then when the window opens in January then dip into the market as required.
kaufman

« Reply #5435 on: Sunday, August 8, 2021, 19:28:57 »

I think you're right to highlight the injury prone players there.
Garner did say that he doesn't see us having a squad of 30 or 40 players like some league 2 sides last season. We're on 19 so that's why I thought a total of 23-24 players is a decent amount.

It's all if, buts and maybe's but January could be very exciting depending on whether the FA/EFL have gone through their investigation with us.
I need to stop. It's one bloody game.
Let's see if someone comes through the door Monday.
I'd expect Odimayo and Romaney to be a big part of the back before too long.
Very much looking forward to seeing Reed play, alongside Grant hopefully.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #5436 on: Sunday, August 8, 2021, 20:01:56 »

Let's see if someone comes through the door Monday.

Fuck,  HMRC haven't caught up with us already have they. Must be another ITK'er.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5437 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 15:03:24 »

Just looking at the squad list and we only have 3x non English players, this must be very low for modern football.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5438 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 15:08:33 »

Just looking at the squad list and we only have 3x non English players, this must be very low for modern football.
Pretty sure its just 2, Baudry and Lyden, I think Dabre was born in London.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #5439 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 15:12:43 »

That did occur to me watching the game on Saturday. 'Frenchy' was the only non-English player in the side (can't believe that's his nickname...it's like footballers are stuck in 1973 or something...even if they weren't born then) Cheesy
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5440 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 15:24:33 »

Pretty sure its just 2, Baudry and Lyden, I think Dabre was born in London.

Dunno, was purely looking on Wackipedia and they seem to think he is French. He doesn't have his own page.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5441 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 16:04:44 »

nothing wrong with his nickname.

quite enjoyed Gregg Davis stand up bit on nicknames. he has a mate called 'bagdad', nothing to do with him being linked to the middle East, just his dad bought him a dodgy school bag.

two I remember from school, the very non PC 'cabbage', so could because he seemingly couldn't do anything. even his girlfriend called him that .

mouldy.. because he had a green coat

anyway, I think Frenchy was thus before he arrived at town. I remember the away commentators calling him that when we played one of his former teams last year (my 'Brian'  can't remember who)
Hunk

« Reply #5442 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 16:15:44 »

quite enjoyed Gregg Davis stand up bit on nicknames. he has a mate called 'bagdad', nothing to do with him being linked to the middle East, just his dad bought him a dodgy school bag.

two I remember from school, the very non PC 'cabbage', so could because he seemingly couldn't do anything. even his girlfriend called him that .

anyway, I think Frenchy was thus before he arrived at town. I remember the away commentators calling him that when we played one of his former teams last year (my 'Brian'  can't remember who)

My nickname at school was Lemon, eventually shortened to Lem. It was because I panicked once in science when asked a question I didn’t know the answer to and just blurted out ‘lemon!!!’.
mozalini

Ignore
« Reply #5443 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 16:22:26 »

Unless I have forgotten someone, we just have 3 loan players in so far (KKH, Chrichlow and Simpson).  I'd expect at least a couple of our last few signings to be loanees.  If you are near the top of the league playing decent football with a good coaching set up then you will be lent better players.

Word will have got around that STFC was not a good place to send young talent last year.  Lee Power's original business model worked to start with during the Cooper years, but fell apart at the seams as soon as he appointed Flitcroft onwards.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #5444 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 16:24:56 »

Just to clarify....I wasn't 'outraged' or anything by the Frenchy nickname... just thought it was very unimaginative and a bit dated... pretty sure Marley would come up with something much better 😉
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 362 [363] 364 365 366 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: