Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gillingham Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 63792 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #645 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 21:04:30 »

Resigning or re-signing?

pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #646 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 21:07:12 »

Resigning or re-signing?

Is that a joke

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #647 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 21:08:36 »

Bloody hell Flash played there many a time in the 70s.They've done well to reach that final.They still in the Salisbury & District?

Yes mate....but league is smaller and quality isn't as good.

They nearly folded in the summer after most of the first team went to warminster town....mix oof reserves and first teamers.....seem to have done well.

Clems Army!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #648 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 21:13:44 »

who they got in the final?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #649 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 21:15:19 »

A few questions in my mind from reading the various reports.

Murray - why?  What does PdC see in him?  I have given him the benefit of the doubt for most of the time that he has been here but I really fail to see what he adds.  On Tuesday we would have been no worse off playing with 10.  Sounds like he was no better today.

Bostock - given that we've not played particularly well in any game since he arrived, why has is taken until today for him to get any game-time in the league?  Is there any realistic chance of signing him for next season?

Paolo's threatened resignation - did he really say 45 days ago rather than 4 to 5 days?  That seems rather precise and takes us back to the D&R match.  What would that have been about?  4 to 5 days I could understand.  Over the last couple of weeks I've become increasingly worried that he might up and leave.  He's obviously under a lot of stress at the moment and hopefully the support shown to him by the Board and the fans will go a long way to making him want to stay when he considers everything in a calmer moment.

Paolo says in the same interview that the best team was played today and the fans don't know what happens in training and behind the scenes etc.

He admitted Murray was as shit and Bostock was our best player. Sounds like Bostock will play as second striker next week too.

He definitely said one month and then changed it to 45 days ago.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #650 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 21:17:59 »

who they got in the final?

The lamb.......sounds like a born again side....you know....fold and start up each year.

Clems Army!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #651 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 21:19:23 »

they for the slaughter?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #652 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 21:24:24 »

Why on earth did Bostock not have any part whatsoever since Wembley then?

Weird.

wobby

Ignore
« Reply #653 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 21:36:06 »

Tweet from Wes in the last 15 minutes:

“@wes_foderingham: People that know nothing should say nothing. Good night and god bless”

Ignore
« Reply #654 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 21:44:07 »

I think players posting on twitter is worse than drinking 3-4 days before a game.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #655 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 21:50:45 »

Why on earth did Bostock not have any part whatsoever since Wembley then?

Weird.
Bostock said in his interview that he was pleased to play for 90 mins because he hasn't played that much. Reports on here suggested that he was good for 60 mins then anonymous thereafter. It may simply be that he hasn't been fit enough to play.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Rodney

Ignore
« Reply #656 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 21:52:30 »

Awful performance, but a good day in the end.  The Murray / Connell substitution was a bad decision granted, but to the brainless mongs who chanted 'you don't know what you're doing' to Paolo - really?  Our league position and goal difference would suggest otherwise.

Took the shine off a good day for me, especially as when I was walking out the same group were singing his name.  Some lad had a go at them and good on him.

Shame Wes didn't join in with the celebrations either.  He deserved to.  It was great to see how much it meant to the players though.  The product of much hard work.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #657 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 22:37:16 »

When the fans were booing DiCanio for the sub Connell / Murray they were shouted down. it was only a handful on the right hand side and the majority of fans were more in the "what the fuck" mode than anti Pdc mode.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #658 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 22:39:13 »

When the fans were booing DiCanio for the sub Connell / Murray they were shouted down. it was only a handful on the right hand side and the majority of fans were more in the "what the fuck" mode than anti Pdc mode.
Fitton's comments on the commentary were great:

Commentator: 'Looks like PDC is making his first changhe early with Murray coming on for Connell'
Fitton: 'Oh no!......I'm a great fan of Connell.....'

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #659 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 22:46:10 »

Connell is ordinary and Murray is shite. Connell is more likely to score than Murray. The fans for whatever reason like Connell they don't like Murray.
Neither will be good enough next season.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: