Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gillingham Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 63791 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #630 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 19:33:25 »

Who's your old club, mate?

Stockton and Codford fc....the yellow peril.

Clems Army!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #631 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 20:06:39 »

Bloody hell Flash played there many a time in the 70s.They've done well to reach that final.They still in the Salisbury & District?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #632 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 20:15:09 »

On the match itself, I think people are maybe being a bit too harsh. We were class in the first 20 minutes, and Gills barely got out of their half. Unfortunately, we couldn't take any of our chances. Impossible to say if Connell should have scored one of them from where we were, but Paolo seemed pretty sure he should so on came Murray, who was worse - wrong positions, and only one or two particularly good moments throughout the game.

On Phil Smith, you could arguably blame the first goal on him. But to be honest, if was a looping flicked header to the back post. Had he been on his line, he still might not have saved it. The second he had no chance, beautiful finish whether the guy meant it or not. And how anybody can blame Phil Smith for their penalty is beyond me. Makes no sense at all.

Bostock was probably the most impressive today. Won the ball, ran at players and really looked a threat. My only two criticisms would be that his passing was occasionally poor, and he went down far too easily. Think Drogba, only thinner.

McCormack had a decent game, as did Caddis. Unfortunately the rest of the team were playing at around 6.5 out of 10. It wasn't dreadful by any stretch of the imagination, but we really are better than that. The scoreline was perhaps a tad harsh on us - we had more shots on target after all - but we didn't really deserve much from the game.

I guess that sounds slightly negative, but nowehere near the disaster some have made it out to be. Hopefully morale will pick up now, we'll pack out the CG (really gutted I can't go) and we'll get the three points to win the league!
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #633 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 20:17:22 »

- 45 days ago he was close to resigning his contract. Wouldn't say why. But, his promise to fans, board and players counted more than a contract so he stayed. If he had, Town would not have stayed at top, but would have gone to playoffs and easily lost

Bit arrogant, but possibly true?

ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #634 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 20:19:18 »

On the match itself, I think people are maybe being a bit too harsh. We were class in the first 20 minutes, and Gills barely got out of their half. Unfortunately, we couldn't take any of our chances. Impossible to say if Connell should have scored one of them from where we were, but Paolo seemed pretty sure he should so on came Murray, who was worse - wrong positions, and only one or two particularly good moments throughout the game.

On Phil Smith, you could arguably blame the first goal on him. But to be honest, if was a looping flicked header to the back post. Had he been on his line, he still might not have saved it. The second he had no chance, beautiful finish whether the guy meant it or not. And how anybody can blame Phil Smith for their penalty is beyond me. Makes no sense at all.

Bostock was probably the most impressive today. Won the ball, ran at players and really looked a threat. My only two criticisms would be that his passing was occasionally poor, and he went down far too easily. Think Drogba, only thinner.

McCormack had a decent game, as did Caddis. Unfortunately the rest of the team were playing at around 6.5 out of 10. It wasn't dreadful by any stretch of the imagination, but we really are better than that. The scoreline was perhaps a tad harsh on us - we had more shots on target after all - but we didn't really deserve much from the game.

I guess that sounds slightly negative, but nowehere near the disaster some have made it out to be. Hopefully morale will pick up now, we'll pack out the CG (really gutted I can't go) and we'll get the three points to win the league!

Cheers reeves4england for that. Gutted I couldn't go today but can on Saturday so your feelings in reverse so to speak.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #635 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 20:19:30 »

Oh dear. A complete misrepresentation of events, aimed at stirring up a negative image of football fans. How anybody could have felt intimidated going into the station is beyond me. I went in the side door and you could barely tell what was going on!

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway_messenger/news/2012/april/21/gills_v_swindon.aspx?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
matt1971

« Reply #636 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 20:22:57 »

I was there you cunt where were you shopping with the misses fuckwit.
wobby

Ignore
« Reply #637 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 20:24:23 »

Was Fodderingham interviewed on the pitch today?

Would of thought that most of the squad would be there including wes Hmmm

Just back....this situation with Wes is interesting/worrying. He was not part of the squad and didn't travel with them. He had to blag his way into the ground and sat with Benson and other non-playing squad members.

After, when the players realised that we'd got promoted and started celebrating, he stayed in the stands right in front of them and after a few minutes left. Don't know if he wasn't supposed to be there but I would have thought he would of and should of been part of the celebrations regardless of what has happened in the past week. Hmmm
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #638 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 20:25:03 »

Oh dear. A complete misrepresentation of events, aimed at stirring up a negative image of football fans. How anybody could have felt intimidated going into the station is beyond me. I went in the side door and you could barely tell what was going on!

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway_messenger/news/2012/april/21/gills_v_swindon.aspx?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Is that it?

Both sides exchanged loud insults and chants for about 15 minutes before police steered the Swindon fans into the railway station.

« Last Edit: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 21:04:26 by ghanimah » Logged

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #639 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 20:26:14 »

Just back....this situation with Wes is interesting/worrying. He was not part of the squad and didn't travel with them. He had to blag his way into the ground and sat with Benson and other non-playing squad members.

After, when the players realised that we'd got promoted and started celebrating, he stayed in the stands right in front of them and after a few minutes left. Don't know if he wasn't supposed to be there but I would have thought he would of and should of been part of the celebrations regardless of what has happened in the past week. Hmmm

Yeah..

matt1971

« Reply #640 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 20:26:45 »

That's directed at you ronnie 21 cunt.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #641 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 20:30:00 »

A few questions in my mind from reading the various reports.

Murray - why?  What does PdC see in him?  I have given him the benefit of the doubt for most of the time that he has been here but I really fail to see what he adds.  On Tuesday we would have been no worse off playing with 10.  Sounds like he was no better today.

Bostock - given that we've not played particularly well in any game since he arrived, why has is taken until today for him to get any game-time in the league?  Is there any realistic chance of signing him for next season?

Paolo's threatened resignation - did he really say 45 days ago rather than 4 to 5 days?  That seems rather precise and takes us back to the D&R match.  What would that have been about?  4 to 5 days I could understand.  Over the last couple of weeks I've become increasingly worried that he might up and leave.  He's obviously under a lot of stress at the moment and hopefully the support shown to him by the Board and the fans will go a long way to making him want to stay when he considers everything in a calmer moment.

pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #642 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 20:34:28 »

Just seen the Paolo interview with BBC.

Absolutely brilliant. Perhaps a little arrogant, but brilliant.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #643 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 21:01:25 »

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway_messenger/news/2012/april/21/gills_v_swindon.aspx?

utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Quotes underneath sum it up!

Clems Army!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #644 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 21:03:35 »

We pay your benefits... And the mum was scared? What of? Losing them?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: