Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 47   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Running and General Health Thread  (Read 195320 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Saturday, May 7, 2016, 11:17:57 »

Hmm.  I use nike+ as well.  Im not sure really.  Thinking about it I probably just need some better way of organising myself.  Not a fan of the armbands for my phone.  Wires hanging everywhere for headphones.  

I was just hoping someone had the perfect solution and I wouldn't have to actually bother looking in to it any more than on here!

Thanks for all your responses anyway.  It may just be some decent bluetooth head phones and better way of carrying things!

Never knowingly overstated.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Saturday, May 7, 2016, 13:19:55 »

It may just be some decent bluetooth head phones and better way of carrying things!

I recently bought a set of Jaybird X2's and they've been worth every penny.

On the watch front, the Moto 360 Sport has GPS and a heart rate monitor. It's an Android watch so you can download music to the watch and use it with the bluetooth earphones too.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Saturday, May 7, 2016, 15:21:09 »

I'm very happy with just the free Nike+ Run app. Used to have an Adidas thing with the chest-strap palaver, but didn't like feeling constricted.
miCoach Pacer? I use that, I like it, allegedly the HRM is more accurate with a chest strap than a watch, although I suspect the difference is miniscule for amateur use. Then I use the phone for GPS/music. I like the stats etc you get from the micoach web app, I need the stats to feed my inner geek and act as my incentive
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Saturday, May 7, 2016, 19:04:31 »

I recently bought a set of Jaybird X2's and they've been worth every penny.

On the watch front, the Moto 360 Sport has GPS and a heart rate monitor. It's an Android watch so you can download music to the watch and use it with the bluetooth earphones too.

Do those buds stay in ok when you are sweating Sam?  I find mine come out after about half an hour.

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Saturday, May 7, 2016, 19:28:10 »

Yes. The fins help keep them in and the Comply tips are better than the standard silicone/rubber ones.

Jaybird have a lifetime sweat guarantee too - if they stop working because of sweat they'll replace them.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Saturday, May 7, 2016, 19:42:36 »

Thanks Sir.

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Saturday, May 7, 2016, 19:58:43 »

miCoach Pacer? I use that, I like it, allegedly the HRM is more accurate with a chest strap than a watch, although I suspect the difference is miniscule for amateur use. Then I use the phone for GPS/music. I like the stats etc you get from the micoach web app, I need the stats to feed my inner geek and act as my incentive

Yeah that's the one. I couldn't be faffed having to upload to the computer before I could see my run stats. Nike+ gives me pace per km, lets me listen to music and provides run stats the moment I finish. Does it for me.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Saturday, May 7, 2016, 20:46:15 »

Yeah that's the one. I couldn't be faffed having to upload to the computer before I could see my run stats. Nike+ gives me pace per km, lets me listen to music and provides run stats the moment I finish. Does it for me.
Understand that, it is a faff having to upload the stats. I tend to use Runtastic for instant gratification (!), but I like the miCoach training programmes and the way they do the intervals/progressions based on your heart rate. So I use both. That way I get two lots of graphs and stats Smiley
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Saturday, September 3, 2016, 16:11:25 »

Anyone thinking about taking part of the Swindon Half in October please sign up.

http://www.swindonhalfmarathon.org.uk/The-Event/Half-Marathon.aspx

They need to raise/sponsors £27,000 by next week for it to go ahead.
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/14718285.Swindon_Half_Marathon_at_risk_after_cash_fear/

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #279 on: Saturday, September 3, 2016, 16:48:07 »

Anyone thinking about taking part of the Swindon Half in October please sign up.

http://www.swindonhalfmarathon.org.uk/The-Event/Half-Marathon.aspx

They need to raise/sponsors £27,000 by next week for it to go ahead.
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/14718285.Swindon_Half_Marathon_at_risk_after_cash_fear/

With a funding gap that large they must have known some time in advance there was a fair chance it would not go ahead. It's a shame that it may fall off the running calendar and also a shame the organisers are trying to resort to guilt tactics to try and save it. I'll be signing up, but not sure who is to blame here.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Sunday, September 4, 2016, 07:22:20 »

So what happens if you sign up and it doesn't go ahead? You lose your money.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Sunday, September 4, 2016, 15:27:45 »

So what happens if you sign up and it doesn't go ahead? You lose your money.
It says all will be refunded.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2016, 08:27:57 »

Well this seems as good a time as any to start begging for money.  Im doing the London marathon in aid of Teenage Cancer Trust next year.  If anyone would like to sponsor me Id be most grateful.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/graemenash

Its a good charity which concentrates on the palliative care of youngsters who are tragically struck down with cancer in their prime.  Trying to make their teenage years as good as they can be as they are fighting through a horrible time of growing up whilst also facing the horrors of cancer.

Thanks

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2016, 10:28:52 »

Well this seems as good a time as any to start begging for money.  Im doing the London marathon in aid of Teenage Cancer Trust next year.  If anyone would like to sponsor me Id be most grateful.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/graemenash

Its a good charity which concentrates on the palliative care of youngsters who are tragically struck down with cancer in their prime.  Trying to make their teenage years as good as they can be as they are fighting through a horrible time of growing up whilst also facing the horrors of cancer.

Thanks

Done.
Glad to help out and good luck.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2016, 10:51:09 »

Thank you sir!

Sent from my iPhone

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 47   Go Up
Print
Jump to: