Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Volunteers Needed  (Read 2991 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2023, 18:30:22 »

There is some really great work starting to happen as well on top of this, this was all the idea of Debbie who has ran with it and made it happen.

As it stands on a Saturday at the moment the club also allow me to collect all the left over food from the game and take this to the homeless hostel and i also drop of any additional to the guys who can't stay in the hostel on the streets, there should be a piece on this soon from the club on how we can help more as we are looking to introduce a scheme where the fans can purchase a token for £1 on a matchday. Once a month we will then take the funds and then provide food to the hostel i am working with, my plan and the dream is that we raise too much and we can start to look at another shelter

Have you/the club/Debbie considered approaching someone like Olio to partner with? I know they are predominantly focused on the reduction of food waste but if they were interested in partnering with the club and were also told about the sustainability efforts that are also arriving at the club going forward then they may like the idea of giving STFC the first refusal of being a 'Food Waste Hero' or something, as Olio like to term it. Would it be worth setting up a conversation with Michael Doughty to discuss some options and then potentially setting up a meeting with Olio and he to explore this. All helps show the club in a better light if looking towards a complete idea of sustainability, enviromentally/climate aware and following a ''3Rs'' type of policy - Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - which of course as a concept has been around for a while.

It might not be useful, just sounding off as there maybe something there that you guys can come together on and go with as this type of thing evolves. Would be very positive from all concerned and put the club in a very positive light, regarding helping those less fortunate  Embarrassed

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
DMC

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2023, 18:49:08 »

It's a good idea and certainly worth the chat. Thanks Bamboo
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2023, 22:02:53 »

Excuse my ignorance but what exactly would be required of said volunteers?
DMC

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2023, 22:07:55 »

Just to be on hand buddy. Help with drinks snacks etc , just be there really
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, March 2, 2023, 13:55:13 »

Have you/the club/Debbie considered approaching someone like Olio to partner with? I know they are predominantly focused on the reduction of food waste but if they were interested in partnering with the club and were also told about the sustainability efforts that are also arriving at the club going forward then they may like the idea of giving STFC the first refusal of being a 'Food Waste Hero' or something, as Olio like to term it. Would it be worth setting up a conversation with Michael Doughty to discuss some options and then potentially setting up a meeting with Olio and he to explore this. All helps show the club in a better light if looking towards a complete idea of sustainability, enviromentally/climate aware and following a ''3Rs'' type of policy - Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - which of course as a concept has been around for a while.

It might not be useful, just sounding off as there maybe something there that you guys can come together on and go with as this type of thing evolves. Would be very positive from all concerned and put the club in a very positive light, regarding helping those less fortunate  Embarrassed

During the Covid lockdown winter Mrs Bob did some volunteering making sure the homeless that were being put up in the hotels around Clapham were being fed, and they had lots of superb donations from Olio. Also it might be worth trying the supermarkets for donations? They were really good with providing food, mainly bread.

Bizarrely (and this sounds like a terrible joke but i saw it with my own eyes) one time she received a box of dates which had been donated. On the boxes it had come from the Royal Family, Prince Andrew! Few jokes about his dodgy dates that day!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Wormholes of Time

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, March 2, 2023, 14:23:06 »

I'm more than willing to pop over on the train from Stroud (apart from Mondays and Wednesdays when I play walking football). I've had volunteer experience working at a food bank and a food hub (offering support and a cafe and food for meals for sale etc.) in Stroud and as a Swindonian by birth (sister and bro-in-law still in Swindon) and an old mate of Reg's, it would be good to give something back to the club and town I love. Let me know where to email etc and I'll be on board.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, March 2, 2023, 15:52:25 »

Is there access to an oven at the venue?

If so i could help with some food donations.

Clems Army!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, March 2, 2023, 16:36:33 »

Don't tell Jutty
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, March 2, 2023, 16:51:29 »

During the Covid lockdown winter Mrs Bob did some volunteering making sure the homeless that were being put up in the hotels around Clapham were being fed, and they had lots of superb donations from Olio. Also it might be worth trying the supermarkets for donations? They were really good with providing food, mainly bread.

Bizarrely (and this sounds like a terrible joke but i saw it with my own eyes) one time she received a box of dates which had been donated. On the boxes it had come from the Royal Family, Prince Andrew! Few jokes about his dodgy dates that day!

Hopefully the Olio partnering could be a go-er then as I think the biggest supermarkets etc have to give first refusal to homeless/poverty based initiatives from memory.

There's always a shedload of bread, which is great for any soup/stew based offerings  Smiley

Haha, the less said about Prince Andrew's dodgy dates is probably for the best. I think some might call that ''By Royal Dick Appointment'' 

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
DMC

« Reply #24 on: Friday, March 3, 2023, 10:58:42 »

There isn't i am afraid mate but thank you. There is for the homeless inititive though that i am rumnning seperately
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, March 3, 2023, 11:01:24 »

There isn't i am afraid mate but thank you. There is for the homeless inititive though that i am rumnning seperately

Message me please....hopefully get something going.

Clems Army!
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2023, 19:46:32 »

In more interesting news, this looks like it’s set to start from tomorrow. Unreal work from Dean and co to get this going. Hope the club really push this on socials and even get players involved when they’re at the club time permitting. Volunteers like these means this is the positive image the club should/could have in the public eye…

* 610FE680-7255-4766-B59F-4712DE1EFBAE.jpeg (591.92 KB, 828x1163 - viewed 147 times.)
DMC

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, March 9, 2023, 07:44:10 »

Cheers mate. I have been absolutely crazy recently with work and a few other projects lined up so if anyone has messaged me regarding volunteering sorry for being slow i will get back to You or give me a nudge
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: