Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Volunteers Needed  (Read 3069 times)
DMC

« on: Wednesday, March 1, 2023, 11:53:00 »

Absolutely shitting myself at the response to this

Swindon Town Warm Hub

This has taken longer to get open than we’d have liked but a lot has to happen in the background before we could launch. The Swindon Town Warm Hub will be run by volunteers and hosted by Swindon Town, who have also got the first donations of tea, coffee and soups for us.

But now we need more volunteers for us to be able to open as much as possible.

It will be hosted in the junior robins suite at the County Ground. If we can get enough volunteers we will open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 10 - 4.

We will be open to anyone who needs access to a warm, safe space. We have been gifted an awesome selection of board games thanks to the OSC, there will be colouring books and pens and print outs of information and help lines from the Borough Council and if I can get my old laptop working access to the council cost of living padlet that’s full of even more really useful information and helplines.

If you are able to help please drop me a message.

If you’d like to make a donation of goods to keep us open they would be greatly appreciated. Ideally we need biscuits, crisps, pot noodles that type of thing, please drop me a message to arrange drop off or collection.

This hub will only be able to run if we get enough help, even if you can only do one hour a week that would be amazing!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2023, 12:19:38 »

Good idea.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2023, 12:33:45 »

Not sure why you would be shitting myself at the response to this, they are a sadly needed great idea.

They have set up one in the village here and its absolutely heaving providing a much needed resource for people.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2023, 12:36:52 »

Class. Only a moron could find an issue with this. This is the type of thing volunteering should be used for, and well done to the club for being open to the idea/ helping with some donations.

Something to be proud of coming out of STFC has been few and far between recently.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2023, 12:43:47 »

it's a great idea, just tricky to help as in office hours

if my personal circumstances change I'll be in touch
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2023, 12:47:15 »

Swindon Town Warm Hub

This has taken longer to get open than we’d have liked but a lot has to happen in the background before we could launch. The Swindon Town Warm Hub will be run by volunteers and hosted by Swindon Town, who have also got the first donations of tea, coffee and soups for us.

It will be hosted in the junior robins suite at the County Ground. If we can get enough volunteers we will open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 10 - 4.

We will be open to anyone who needs access to a warm, safe space. We have been gifted an awesome selection of board games thanks to the OSC, there will be colouring books and pens and print outs of information and help lines from the Borough Council and if I can get my old laptop working access to the council cost of living padlet that’s full of even more really useful information and helplines.

If you’d like to make a donation of goods to keep us open they would be greatly appreciated. Ideally we need biscuits, crisps, pot noodles that type of thing, please drop me a message to arrange drop off or collection.

This hub will only be able to run if we get enough help, even if you can only do one hour a week that would be amazing!

Pft, just as bad as the club you are Deano, after volunteers!

Nah, fair play mate. Top work.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2023, 13:00:22 »

Blow Kiss

I hope you get the helpers it badly needs, fucking great work, is there any wonder why we (pretty much) all loves ya?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2023, 13:35:33 »

Great work Dean, something you and the club should be proud of.  Given the Adver reprint Facebook posts as news these days, hopefully it garners some local coverage as well.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2023, 13:45:46 »

Unreal work. Fair play. Like its been said above, things like this are what STFC can be proud of, and this is how volunteering should be used.

Hopefully people recognise the ones who've put all the leg work into making this happen like yourselves, as opposed to the likes of Basil Solomon from the council trying to muscle in on this and make it about them.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 1, 2023, 15:26:01 by MangoRed » Logged
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2023, 16:04:38 »

Swindon Town Warm Hub

Brilliant work Dean, have reached out to Debbie to offer help and donated supplies too. Hopefully we can help more going forward.. Well done
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2023, 17:36:09 »

Not sure why you would shit yourself at this type of venture. It is the type of honourable thing that does need the help of volunteers (much like soup kitchens etc). It should be applauded and supported.

There's quite a difference between trying to get a (possibly) young and privileged creative in for free when there are existing media routes like ScreenSkills who work with media/film/TV/Theatre arms, to supply a fully or part funded employee. Maybe the club can look at applying to partner with someone like them in order to support people working or wanting to work in creative industries (young or old) and makes it more viable for all parties? Failing that they could partner with a media/film school or college/uni in order to create some type of partner program; sending those studying on a media placement with Town. I believe there are also funding initiatives available for this too.

But back to this, I think this is a cracking idea. Is there any way that you can get STFC FiTC to back this too? Using some of their facilities and so on? Kudos DMC and all that are involved helping and giving you the space to enable this project. Good luck, I'll help where possibly but my geography means it would be more remotely and so on. If there is a preferred address where people can send parcels or "Warm Hub" items then please do drop it in here and I'm sure those further afield wil do what they can to help too Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2023, 17:47:47 »

A bit disappointing that you didn't put a post up asking for some social marketeers to give up their free time to create a post to get some volunteers to help out with the Warm Hub - you could have then sub-contracted them to the club  Cheesy
DMC

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2023, 17:54:11 »

There is some really great work starting to happen as well on top of this, this was all the idea of Debbie who has ran with it and made it happen.

As it stands on a Saturday at the moment the club also allow me to collect all the left over food from the game and take this to the homeless hostel and i also drop of any additional to the guys who can't stay in the hostel on the streets, there should be a piece on this soon from the club on how we can help more as we are looking to introduce a scheme where the fans can purchase a token for £1 on a matchday. Once a month we will then take the funds and then provide food to the hostel i am working with, my plan and the dream is that we raise too much and we can start to look at another shelter
DMC

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2023, 18:17:19 »

Thanks for all the offers too. All donations will be welcomed honestly
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2023, 18:21:56 »

A bit disappointing that you didn't put a post up asking for some social marketeers to give up their free time to create a post to get some volunteers to help out with the Warm Hub - you could have then sub-contracted them to the club  Cheesy

Haha, behave  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: