Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Wilder points the finger at Town players  (Read 18426 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2012, 23:05:54 »

A lot of people talk about Paolo being full of himself, desperate to get into the press...

Does he actually speak to the press any more than other managers? Or are there just more people interested in what he has to say?

Di Canio is a journalists dream. I imagine raising Swindon Town's profile would have been somewhere on Wray's agenda when he made the appointment. Fair enough I say.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2012, 23:05:58 »

im just happy to be watching some exciting football and actually seeing our manager with abit of passion instead of the boring sods that just stand still arms folded like so many previous managers.

Beers
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2012, 23:16:17 »

My initial reaction when we officially became 'Paolo Di Canio's Cirque-du-Swindon' was that it would be over pretty quickly either through catastrophe or being lured to a bigger club. He's proved me wrong.

If PDC has only one season with Swindon and during that campaign he takes us up and perhaps with a JPT win too, then his stock will always be high.

[url width=640 height=480]http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/javaImages/44/51/0,,10341~10572100,00.jpg[/url]

Spencer_White

« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2012, 23:27:18 »

How many other managers could have got that reaction out of their fans on saturday after a derby defeat? Not many.

Fucking legend.
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2012, 23:39:53 »

See that Wilder is moaning about the ref tonight but Shrews equalized with a long range shot in time added on due to the Pox cheating as usual.

oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 10:11:02 »

The ref was horrendous, to be fair.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 10:14:51 »

Do you often get 5 minutes added on in your games?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 10:32:26 »

If PDC has only one season with Swindon and during that campaign he takes us up and perhaps with a JPT win too, then his stock will always be high.

I've said it before, but if we went up and then PDC left, he would hardly have attained legend status in my book.  The way I see it is that last season was an aberration that saw us drop in to a division that we should never have dropped in to.  Look back over 130+ years of history and only 6 or 7 of those seasons have been played in the fourth tier.  There were only 6 teams in League One last season getting better crowds than we were, and we made the play off final the season before.  Finishing bottom was under-achievement on a catastrophic scale.  It should never have happened.

All of which means that, while this season has been fun, promotion really only gets us back where we started from.  Or put another way, PDC will have emulated the achievement of Paul Sturrock in getting us back to League One at the first attempt.  While Sturrock is remembered better than most of our ex-managers, he’s hardly up there in Legend’s Enclosure.  In order for PDC to become a true Swindon legend, he will need to continue what he has started - and take his excellent work from this season forward in to next.  Take us up to the Championship, and he will have emulated Lou Macari’s achievement in the mid-1980s.  Then he’ll be a legend.

Happily enough, I do not believe Paolo is going to cut & run at the end of this season.  I think he wants Championship football back at the County Ground as much as I do.  (Naïve of me to think that?  Maybe.  Time will tell.  But I think I’m right.)  As Jeremy Wray said recently, Paolo should be here for as long as the Club demonstrates that it matches his own ambitions…so to an extent, the ball is in our court.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 10:34:20 by Ardiles » Logged
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 10:37:35 »

The ref was horrendous, to be fair.

Obviously the ref was horrendous against shrewsbury in the game against us, so it all evens out and makes it our fault.  Which is nice.

Never knowingly overstated.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 10:43:43 »

Do you often get 5 minutes added on in your games?

They are good (or should that be bad) at time wasting. After the ball boy shenanigans on Saturday, I think their keeper was booked for wasting time in the second half.

Great result for us, we open up more of a gap between us and Shrewsbury.

Gillingham looking good for that final play-off spot.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 10:48:58 »

Apparently their keeper admitted on the radio saturday that he went down to waste time
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 10:57:09 »

Apparently their keeper admitted on the radio saturday that he went down to waste time

The wallies on Radio Oxford suggested that he went down with cramp. How often do professional goalkeepers get cramp?

That Rhodes Brown gimp was really annoying, every time the main commentator suggested Pox were doing something wrong, he kept saying 'oh no, we are Oxford United, that's not our way' etc. Total plum that man (who ever he is).

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 10:59:40 »

Roads brown? Is that a smattering of horse shit?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 11:07:13 »

The wallies on Radio Oxford suggested that he went down with cramp. How often do professional goalkeepers get cramp?

That Rhodes Brown gimp was really annoying, every time the main commentator suggested Pox were doing something wrong, he kept saying 'oh no, we are Oxford United, that's not our way' etc. Total plum that man (who ever he is).

I thought that about the cramp aswell Bob.

Rhoades brown is an ex player of theirs from years ago
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 11:10:26 »

Rhodes-Brown was an arse when he was a player and his arsiness has only gotten worse with age.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: