Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Steve Evans  (Read 48654 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 21:50:12 »

In fairness to Rotherham, they're not in the best o fpositions to be building a super amazing 20k capacity stadium with bells on. They built a new ground because they had to.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 22:05:51 »

They have the right idea. Community stadium, central to town and next to the station. 12k is enough for a club of their size, they can always expand in the future.

thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 22:48:51 »

So when the CG is eventually redeveloped, what sort of realistic capacity would be about right - 25,000?

If it was planned correctly, I'd like to see a 20k stadium with the possibility of extending to 25k+ (perhaps by filling in corners?). 

Considering that we're not moving, and it will have to be completed in phases, I don't think people will be immediately drawn to it like they would have if we were moving to a new stadium.  And there's nothing worse than an obviously empty stadium, or worse, a stadium where one stand is kept closed (or missing!).
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 22:54:42 »

From Rotherham's perspective far better to be a solid lower league team attracting a few thousand each week with an occasional full house of 10K for a cup match or local derby than go down the road trodden by Darlington with a white elephant of a 25K stadium that was hardly ever much more than 10% full.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 06:50:31 »

They have the right idea. Community stadium, central to town and next to the station. 12k is enough for a club of their size, they can always expand in the future.

I don't doubt that they've done the right thing. As a football fan though you need to be able to have that dream, however faint, that one day your team will make it all the way to the Premier League. By building a 10,000 capacity stadium they are staying "We're a lower league club and a lower league club we'll stay". Having said that, maybe they have the scope there to increase the capacity. I hope they do.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 06:55:15 »

If it was planned correctly, I'd like to see a 20k stadium with the possibility of extending to 25k+ (perhaps by filling in corners?).  

I'm not in the habit of saying anything good about the Franchise but I think they've done the right thing at their stadium by leaving the top tier all around the gound empty. This means the fans are less scattered around and if they do go up (as I suspect they might) they can easily chuck in some seats there and you've instantly added on 5,000 to your capacity.

Edit: Make that 10,000 in their case http://www.footballgroundguide.com/milton_keynes_dons/
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 06:58:29 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 07:00:02 »

Having said that, maybe they have the scope there to increase the capacity. I hope they do.

The Wiki article says it can be though the reference cited doesn't support the claim. It would be madness not to be able to do so I guess.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Stadium#cite_note-7
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 08:21:19 »

Considering that we're not moving, and it will have to be completed in phases, I don't think people will be immediately drawn to it like they would have if we were moving to a new stadium.  And there's nothing worse than an obviously empty stadium, or worse, a stadium where one stand is kept closed (or missing!).

Cheesy You wouldn't fancy a fence at one end then?
kaufman

« Reply #113 on: Friday, April 6, 2012, 17:54:00 »

http://www.thisissussex.co.uk/story-15738514-detail/story.html

Very much hoping this does not come off.
He is not deserving of that job
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Friday, April 6, 2012, 17:58:15 »

http://www.thisissussex.co.uk/story-15738514-detail/story.html

Very much hoping this does not come off.
He is not deserving of that job

The proverbial Crawley wheels are falling off if that happens.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Friday, April 6, 2012, 18:51:46 »

The proverbial Crawley wheels are falling off if that happens.

They are already falling off...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Spud

« Reply #116 on: Friday, April 6, 2012, 19:37:16 »

"The penalty came too late. If it is deliberate handball in the box and it falls to Sergio [Torres] is it not a red card? It would have been if we'd have done it, I know that."

Yes Steve, because your previous red cards weren't for having a full on punch up on the pitch or anything.

How is he being lined up for the Rotherham job?! their fans should be furious if he gets the job. I don't wish him on anyone, not even Oxford.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Friday, April 6, 2012, 19:43:44 »

"The penalty came too late. If it is deliberate handball in the box and it falls to Sergio [Torres] is it not a red card? It would have been if we'd have done it, I know that."

Yes Steve, because your previous red cards weren't for having a full on punch up on the pitch or anything.

How is he being lined up for the Rotherham job?! their fans should be furious if he gets the job. I don't wish him on anyone, not even Oxford.

Rotherham fans on the whole don't seem too enamored:

He's a fat greasy slimey arrogant egotistical nasty disrespectful piece of dog dirt. I don't like the bloke or his attitude, how he speaks about other clubs or how he conducts himself.

That's good enough for me without even starting on his 'past'

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=450&fid=215&sty=2&act=1&mid=2115023788&page=1

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Flashheart

« Reply #118 on: Friday, April 6, 2012, 19:54:39 »

I would not like Evans to be our manager one little bit. If our board even considered appointing him, I'd lose interest considerably in my beloved STFC for some time.

However, for a lower league team that doesn't have a bright foreseeable future and needs to scrap out a season or two just to exist, a manager like Evans could be just the ticket. Controversial, crude, unlikable, yet very very effective.

Survival is more important than popularity for many a club out there
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Friday, April 6, 2012, 20:01:19 »

I would not like Evans to be our manager one little bit. If our board even considered appointing him, I'd lose interest considerably in my beloved STFC for some time.

However, for a lower league team that doesn't have a bright foreseeable future and needs to scrap out a season or two just to exist, a manager like Evans could be just the ticket. Controversial, crude, unlikable, yet very very effective.

Survival is more important than popularity for many a club out there

So a manager who is allowed to spend lavishly on players and fail miserably as it seems the case at Crawley will suddenly become the saviour of a football club with no money at all.......how effective is Steve Evans in reality.............i think Crawleys recent run is giving us an idea of hoe effective he really is.
Having Steve Evans as manager wouldn't guarantee survival in my opinion.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: