Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 70   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NFL  (Read 194473 times)
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #645 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2022, 15:18:16 »

Bengals are going to be scary in a few years. Their o-line still needs some work IMO but Chase, Burrow & Mixon will be causing problems for a while!

Without a doubt, really good outfit, and they're only just getting started.

Forza Cardinals.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #646 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2022, 15:23:31 »

Bengals are going to be scary in a few years. Their o-line still needs some work IMO but Chase, Burrow & Mixon will be causing problems for a while!

Only if they (as a team) change tack & spend a bit. They have a reputation of letting good players leave when they want to be paid.

If I recall they are one of the teams that don’t even use all their cap space.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #647 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2022, 15:25:57 »

Only if they (as a team) change tack & spend a bit. They have a reputation of letting good players leave when they want to be paid.

If I recall they are one of the teams that don’t even use all their cap space.

They can only spend so much, same as everyone else. The three I mentioned before will probably demand pretty sizable contracts once their rookie contracts are up. It's nice to see the Bengals do a rebuild properly (thus far at least).
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #648 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2022, 16:08:47 »

They can only spend so much, same as everyone else. The three I mentioned before will probably demand pretty sizable contracts once their rookie contracts are up. It's nice to see the Bengals do a rebuild properly (thus far at least).

No-one rebuilds like the Jets. Rebuilding since 1969...

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #649 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2022, 16:11:46 »

Indeed, but History has shown the Bengals don’t use all of their cap, they have had a tendency to let players go rather than pay their star players.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #650 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2022, 18:26:42 »

Indeed, but History has shown the Bengals don’t use all of their cap, they have had a tendency to let players go rather than pay their star players.
To be fair, they've spent mega bucks (even in NFL terms) on defensive free agents in the last couple of years and it's now paying dividends. Amazing though the offence is, they couldn't have beaten KC without the D holding them to 3 points in the second half on Sunday which was a massive achievement. If they now put the same emphasis on strengthening the O line this off season they should be a force to be reckoned with (Burrow gets knocked around far more than what's good for him!)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #651 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2022, 18:28:32 »

No-one rebuilds like the Jets. Rebuilding since 1969...
Still haven't replaced Joe Nameth 😉
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #652 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2022, 22:57:47 »

Still haven't replaced Joe Nameth 😉

Truth.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #653 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 09:20:44 »

To be fair, they've spent mega bucks (even in NFL terms) on defensive free agents in the last couple of years and it's now paying dividends. Amazing though the offence is, they couldn't have beaten KC without the D holding them to 3 points in the second half on Sunday which was a massive achievement. If they now put the same emphasis on strengthening the O line this off season they should be a force to be reckoned with (Burrow gets knocked around far more than what's good for him!)

Indeed, I was surprised they didn't take Sewell in the draft but I guess the decision to take Chase has been more than justified. I'm surprised Burrow hasn't got hurt again this year but fair play to him, he's a tough cookie. Depending on how Sunday goes I could see a Chiefs / Bengals AFCCG
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #654 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 09:29:15 »

Indeed, I was surprised they didn't take Sewell in the draft but I guess the decision to take Chase has been more than justified. I'm surprised Burrow hasn't got hurt again this year but fair play to him, he's a tough cookie. Depending on how Sunday goes I could see a Chiefs / Bengals AFCCG

I think the only people who didn’t have the Bengals taking Sewell in the draft were…well…the Bengals.
I expect Burrows put in a good word for Chase!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #655 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 09:48:50 »

Which makes sense I guess, they had an obvious gaping hole in their offensive line and Burrow got badly hurt (and I still think he's fortunate he hasn't been on IR again this year). I imagine the connection with Chase at LSU played a part in the pick, I think quite a few people had Waddle ahead of him but that worked out as I think Tua probably wanted his Bama team mate in Miami.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #656 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 12:17:21 »

In the draft last year you had a group of 'very good' receivers and you had Chase who was regarded (rightly as it turned out) to be head and shoulders above the rest (with the added bonus of the Burrow connection). If he'd not been there when the Bengals picked it would have made total sense to go with Sewell and go back for one of the 'other' receivers in round 2. But he was thankfully and now, even the most ardent Sewell proponent (and there were many) would have to admit they did absolutely the right thing.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #657 on: Thursday, January 6, 2022, 15:01:00 »

It was the right choice but I still think Burrow not getting hurt is through luck rather than judgement. He's been hit a lot. Even Aaron Rodgers had to tell him to start sliding! Either way what's done is done and they have a hell of a team. Interested to see them in the playoffs!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #658 on: Sunday, January 9, 2022, 15:44:45 »

So long Vic Fangio.

I know he was a good defense coach, but he was a poor Head coach.

Watched the Broncos do their normal and lead going into the 4th quarter, then throw it away! Can't believe we lost the ball on KC's 5 yard line and they ran it all the way in for a TD!

Then, to march straight back up the field and go for a FG on 4th, when there is only 7 mins left and we were down by 7 was stupid.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #659 on: Sunday, January 9, 2022, 17:15:18 »

Off to watch the Falcons today, Christmas present for my son.  Nothing in it for them but Saints need to lose to ensure the 49ers get into the Play Offs (although the 49ers have their guaranteed win team today in the Rams), so I will join him in supporting them today.  Actually, the 49ers and Rams bot achieve their goal today if they tie - maybe the can agree to take a knee from the start.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 70   Go Up
Print
Jump to: