Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Wigan - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 58620 times)
Barry Scott

« Reply #45 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 10:59:54 »

All I know is it'll be a good game. We all know PDC won't let the boys turn up and not give 100%. We're going to play with the same intensity Paolo always demands and when you play like that, a team with a less than committed display stands a high chance of losing.

Paolo's already told them the first 20 minutes are key, we get through that unscathed, our players will take massive confidence and the game is anyone's. I also think our fitness will be at a far greater level than a load of reserves and youth teamers and that could have a huge influence late on.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 11:00:45 »

I'm pretty sure we'll put in a top performance, so it depends which Wigan turn up. Heads says 1-3, heart says 2-1.

Can't wait!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
WR5

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 11:05:16 »

Just about to set out from Worcester with my boy, the last match he went too ( also his first) was Huddersfield, so I think he might be a bit disappointed.
Whats the weather like in Swindon at the moment, we are on the bank

the washbag

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 11:07:24 »

Swindon v Wigan Athletic FA Cup 3rd Round Preview

http://thewashbag.com/2012/01/06/swindon-vs-wigan-athletic/

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 11:11:35 »

I paid for my ticket online, and though they've taken my money i've got no other confirmation of the technology. I'm getting a bit nervous i'll get to the turnstyle and not be allowed in

Things get better but they never get good
70s townender

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 11:13:13 »

COME ON THE TOWN Richie hattrick' big game player'town win 4-2 keep your dreams to yourself samdy be possitive we can be pissed off after the game not before.tamworth in the next round easy path to the final after that  'i new i shouldnt have started on the whisky before 9am."COME ON THE TOWN"ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

we are going as warriors
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 11:14:55 »

I expect us to lose but I hope we give them a game.

Defeat won't end our world. As always, I just want the players for give the floating fans an incentive to go more often (says he who rarely goes).
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 11:19:28 »

Really not sure about this one.  I'm hoping we are going to be more up for it than them and therefor sneak a 1-0 win coyr
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 11:26:50 »

I fell asleep last night wearing my unlucky replica shorts from last season, alas I have been wearing them on a matchday which means we will lose. However, I am donning my Northampton jeans which are yet to be introduced to the washing since (despite me telling the Mrs. to do so very succinctly), in a hope to counteract this.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
fatbasher

« Reply #54 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 11:37:44 »

Liked the Washbag links, bought back some very, very fond memories for me. Don't know about all of you old enough to remember those halcyon day days but the PDC revolution has some eerie resonance.....

My head says they will be to strong for us and to lose will be no shame. However, this is the FA Cup and the key will be our defence, get that right and who knows. Also this will be an opportunity for certain players to showcase themselves if we manage to pull this one off.

So I'm going for a sneaky 1-0 to the town. Scorer? Who cares if I'm right.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 11:53:36 »

Bringing my son today who usually is a good omen _ not so bothered about the result just excited that it is going to be a big crowd, the weather`s set fair and I have a ticket....bring it on.  Cheesy

Bathtime
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 12:01:07 »

Bringing my son today who usually is a good omen _ not so bothered about the result just excited that it is going to be a big crowd, the weather`s set fair and I have a ticket....bring it on.  Cheesy
Where are you sitting mate? Are you going to be in Legends beforehand?

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
nochee

« Reply #57 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 12:06:28 »

I'm absolutely gutted that I won't be there to witness a packed CG, huge atmosphere and a STFC win. I will be cheering the boys on from the comfort of my living room though.

COYR
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 13:04:34 »

I hope it's a cracker for those there.

YOUUUUU REDS!!!!!!!!!!!
limpwrist

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 13:13:43 »

I'l be happy with a narrow defeat but playing well. No embarrasment loseing to pl side at home.
Never as the words lets concentrate on the league, seemed so true.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: