Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Wigan - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 57439 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 07:27:01 »

I've got to be honest and say I think we'll lose this, shock results can and do happen but logically we should be beaten.

I'm more excited about seeing a packed CG than us playing Wigan, a win would be fantastic, a draw would be ok and a defeat wouldn't really bother me.

The league and the 2 games against Barnet are much more important, imho.

It's All Good..............
stfcinbmth

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 07:32:25 »

Positivity is the key

2-0 Connell 2

Really looking forward to it even tho I'm only watching on TV and just to complete the match day experience I already have a copy of the programme  Wink
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 07:35:00 »

I can't see us losing even though it's a premiership team so 3-2 Swindon with Benson and Richie sharing the goals
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 07:37:01 »

I've got to be honest and say I think we'll lose this, shock results can and do happen but logically we should be beaten.

I'm more excited about seeing a packed CG than us playing Wigan, a win would be fantastic, a draw would be ok and a defeat wouldn't really bother me.

The league and the 2 games against Barnet are much more important, imho.

This and the fact that I'm going and so is Mrs B, - her last two games being Leeds (H) and Soton (A) - lets hope she brings us the same sort of performance/luck
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 07:43:01 »

i've got my day tripper coat on today. looking forward to this.

I think we will win. 2.0 with Connel & Ferry scoring.

Also i think Wes will save a pen

Jackstfc

« Reply #20 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 07:51:52 »

2-1 Win ferry first goal and West Ham away next round but I am hedging my bets with a 5-0 loss and a weekend off round4
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 08:06:56 »

1-3 wigan

I come from a land down-under
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 08:12:55 »

I bloody love this competition, days like this are what makes it for clubs like us.  Can't wait to get to the ground.

If the Wigan players turn up with the right attitude we could be a couple of goals down early and the day becomes a huge anti climax, this is a strong possibility.

Alternatively they are relatively speaking, "there for the taking", and we won't get a better chance to beat a premiership side. A full house could inspire a memorable victory.  Therefore I'm a believer today and boldly going for a 2-0 win (Ritchie & Connell
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 08:21:32 »

It sounds ridiculous but I'm actually expecting us to win. I have no right to be thinking that way but I am. I feel exactly how I did before the Colchester game.

Wigan are going to have to play bloody well to win today I believe and if they do happen to win it's no major disaster is it? It's the JPT Area Final next then back to the promotion push. Happy, happy days indeed.

Anywhoo...3-0 Connell, Fint, Smith
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 08:21:51 »

Sadly I'm still too weak to attend but will be there in spirit and watching via some illegal satellite feed...

2-1 town Connell double
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 08:27:30 »

1-2 with some shit ref decisions, diving, "premier league ur havin a laugh", a crazy moment from PDC for the camera's and my steak and kidney pie with chips from the frying fish is nailed on cert
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 08:31:31 »

I've got a feeling we're gonna win 3-1 today.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 08:32:43 »

1-2. Late winner for them when they bring on their better players.

If we do happen to win, let's hope we don't have a Leeds-style dip in league form.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 08:47:47 »

I am with Batch, will either be a great day or a complete damp squib..however, I just have three requests

- we get at least one goal, just so we can all hear what the roar from 14000 sounds like
 - we generate an atmosphere worthy of 14000
 - we get at least one 'we are paolos red and white army' going between the bank and the townend...

I think I would be happy with a little flurry from ourselves and a 1-2 defeat...

also, since I am on the bank, am going to get my flag out from under the bed, dust it off and put it beneath the clock...look out for it...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 08:52:30 »

Yeah, worst case is an early Wigan goal and no town response. I too want to hear a "we are Paolo's red and white army" between the full TE, bank and DRS,   Hearing that youtube video the other day sent shivers up the spine
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: