Pages: 1 ... 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 ... 343   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Color Teevee Programs  (Read 1191543 times)
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #2160 on: Friday, January 30, 2015, 21:59:06 »

Just started The Wire, a colleague leant it to me...

Decent viewing.

I recently started The Wire as well. First half of season one is a bit slow but got a lot better towards the end. Season two has started really well too.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #2161 on: Friday, January 30, 2015, 22:07:22 »

I recently started The Wire as well. First half of season one is a bit slow but got a lot better towards the end. Season two has started really well too.

I've only watched upto episode 5, I agree though, it was a bit of a slow start, but it's really getting quite gritty now.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #2162 on: Saturday, January 31, 2015, 07:58:17 »

Is it wrong that I find the undateables fucking hilarious.

Your mum's a fucking squirrel.

Brilliant.

That show makes me feel uncomfortable. It's whole reason for being is to laugh at disabled people.

Things get better but they never get good
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #2163 on: Saturday, January 31, 2015, 09:15:23 »

That show makes me feel uncomfortable. It's whole reason for being is to laugh at disabled people.
If you think that the whole point is to laugh at disabled people don't watch the last leg on channel 4, the whole point of that is to laugh at the disabled.
P.S did anybody see the last leg last night with Prick Clegg on it, he is a prick but came out of it okish
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 31, 2015, 09:20:55 by jutty274 » Logged
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #2164 on: Saturday, January 31, 2015, 09:19:55 »

Difference being that's a program of comedians with disabilities, making jokes about disabilities. It's laughing with them at jokes they are making about themselves.

The undateables, on the other hand, is taking regular members of the public with disabilities (who admittedly willingly go onto the show), putting them in social situations which exacerbate these disabilities and going "LOOK. LOOK HOW THEY ARE DIFFERENT AND HANDLE THESE SITUATIONS. THEY CANT DO IT AS WELL AS YOU OR I. ISNT THIS FUN"

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2165 on: Saturday, January 31, 2015, 09:21:43 »

So don't watch it then?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #2166 on: Saturday, January 31, 2015, 09:29:01 »

I don't. But I don't really see what that has to do with the price of fish

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #2167 on: Saturday, January 31, 2015, 09:31:30 »

Difference being that's a program of comedians with disabilities, making jokes about disabilities. It's laughing with them at jokes they are making about themselves.

The undateables, on the other hand, is taking regular members of the public with disabilities (who admittedly willingly go onto the show), putting them in social situations which exacerbate these disabilities and going "LOOK. LOOK HOW THEY ARE DIFFERENT AND HANDLE THESE SITUATIONS. THEY CANT DO IT AS WELL AS YOU OR I. ISNT THIS FUN"

I agree. It's car crash TV.

But what's worse - the people who make it, or the people (and/or their families) who think it's a good idea to be on the show?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2168 on: Saturday, January 31, 2015, 09:31:35 »

You said it makes you feel uncomfortable. So I was suggesting that to ease your level of comfort that you don't watch it. Perhaps country file may be more to your liking.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #2169 on: Saturday, January 31, 2015, 09:46:16 »

Ahhhh you see I love undateables as I work with several children with autism and it gives me hope that they might find love in the future - there's someone out there for everyone
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #2170 on: Saturday, January 31, 2015, 10:04:24 »

I can't watch it as I feel the same, too uncomfortable.

If the premise of the show is as JFW stated then I can appreciate that but it tends to be viewed by the wrong audience who generally want a good laugh which therefore renders it pointless.
Barry Scott

« Reply #2171 on: Saturday, January 31, 2015, 10:33:30 »

Ahhhh you see I love undateables as I work with several children with autism and it gives me hope that they might find love in the future - there's someone out there for everyone

I kind of agree. I find the program quite heart warming and nice. Sure there's funny moments, often unintentional, but I don't think the show focuses on that as much as those that don't watch it think.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #2172 on: Saturday, January 31, 2015, 11:14:48 »

I'm with Barry on the whole... I find myself feeling really happy when it goes right and I'm usually heartless

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #2173 on: Saturday, January 31, 2015, 12:27:56 »

I'm with JFW and Barry on this one...  It was impossible not to get a warm fuzzy feeling about the big happy guy with the big curly afro...   Maybe those that feel uncomfortable about the whole thing should just watch his part, I don't think that you can feel uncomfortable whatching that guy deal with the situation he was in and celebrating with his dad at the end when he had achieved getting a new girlfriend.

Torrets is funny to watch, but more because of what they are shouting out rather than the reason they are doing it...

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Amir

« Reply #2174 on: Saturday, January 31, 2015, 12:35:37 »

As I can't get bootlegs cheap out here, I've recently bought a few new series, namely...

Arrested development
The blacklist
Band of brothers
Justified
Mad men
And the first series of it's always sunny in Philadelphia.

Is there anything that's conspicuous by it's absence, for the next time I go shopping? I've already seen....

The wire
Breaking bad
Game of thrones
The shield
The sopranos
The killing
Homeland
True detective (if anyone hasn't seen this, check it out as it doesn't seem to be so widely known)
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 ... 343   Go Up
Print
Jump to: