Pages: 1 ... 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 ... 343   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Color Teevee Programs  (Read 1192116 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2100 on: Monday, December 22, 2014, 18:43:21 »

Bianca had what seemed like a great business idea (and still does), but it had more flaws in it that I think most people realised.

Has she learned nothing from Dragon's Den:
  1. She has nothing to protect her from the big boys nicking her idea. Though the big boys presumably already thought of the idea and dismissed it, its not exactly left field. SO..
  2. Presumably she needs to build THE brand for colour choice, which is difficult, expensive and with risk.
  3. A lot of her money will get tied up in stock
  4. Sugar would need to support her a lot.

Whereas Marks idea seemed non-unique and old hat. But either he will pull it off, or not, but should be practically maintenance free.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #2101 on: Monday, December 22, 2014, 20:27:23 »

So far as I could tell, the guy that won seemed to base his whole case on bigging himself up and rubbishing his opponents.  Every time he was asked for details of how he was going to turn his business plan into a highly profitable success, he avoided giving any details and just bull-shitted people with rubbish like "believe me, I'm the best at what I do and I guarantee 100% that I will be successful".  Sadly, he was never pressed to say "how".

At the end of the day, Sugar made his choice based on wanting to take a gamble rather than on anything of substance.  He can afford to take the risk and won't lose any sleep if it goes tits up.

I think it was more a case of "Shit I'd have to actually do some work on the tights idea. Fuck that give it to the other fellah, I've no fucking idea what he does but at least I can just let him get on with it".

..never go back.
Barry Scott

« Reply #2102 on: Wednesday, January 7, 2015, 16:25:55 »

I've been running out of things I fancy watching lately, so randomly decided to watch Brooklyn Nine Nine, which is actually really good, contrary to what I expected.

I also downloaded and watched The Profit. It's some Entrepreneurial American show where a successful bloke, Marcus Lemonis, comes into a failing business and tries to turn it around with "his own money".

As with a lot of American reality shows, it does feel over-edited and a bit fake at times, but despite this it's very good and the bloke is highly likeable and isn't too sweary and loud as you'd imagine someone doing this on TV would/should be.

Ignore
« Reply #2103 on: Wednesday, January 7, 2015, 17:17:31 »

The first Walking the Nile program was good.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #2104 on: Wednesday, January 7, 2015, 17:43:02 »

@TrustSTFC will be tweeting it for those who can't listen

It's All Good..............
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #2105 on: Wednesday, January 7, 2015, 17:48:49 »

Bloody brilliant that was, well apart from that matey snuffing it which was pretty shocking
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 7, 2015, 20:02:54 by Abrahammer » Logged
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #2106 on: Wednesday, January 7, 2015, 17:54:24 »

I'd disagree. No need for a camera crew. Better than Bear Grylls but no where near Ed Stafford.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #2107 on: Wednesday, January 7, 2015, 18:04:31 »

Say Yes to the Dress - it's deeeeeeeeeeevine darlings
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #2108 on: Wednesday, January 7, 2015, 18:21:00 »

I don't know if anybody has seen hemlock grove on Netflix yet, but it looks interesting
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #2109 on: Wednesday, January 7, 2015, 18:47:13 »

@TrustSTFC will be tweeting it for those who can't listen

Walking the Nile? What's the Trust's interest in that?
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #2110 on: Wednesday, January 7, 2015, 19:27:16 »

U BG
I've been running out of things I fancy watching lately, so randomly decided to watch Brooklyn Nine Nine, which is actually really good, contrary to what I expected.

Yeah its a top show. New series starts soon on E4 I think

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2111 on: Wednesday, January 7, 2015, 19:57:45 »

well apart from that matey nuffing it which was pretty shocking
That came as a massive shock, was expecting an 'everything was alright' ending and that happened. Very sad.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #2112 on: Wednesday, January 7, 2015, 20:02:11 »

So did I, thought they were playing up his illness for dramatic effect, caught me totally offguard
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #2113 on: Wednesday, January 7, 2015, 21:50:08 »

It was just the "So yeah, Matt just died" which made it completely surreal. Certainly wasn't expecting that.

It must be hard trying to cram months of footage into a couple of hours of good TV.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #2114 on: Sunday, January 11, 2015, 00:18:12 »

Why do reality shows on the BBC tend to be happy and those on ITV nasty?

With the BBC you get the Bake Off, the Voice and Strictly - the judges are all nice and friendly to all the contestants and each other, the contestants all get on well and help each other and you get a nice happy feeling watching.

With ITV you get X Factor, with the judges consistently having a go at each other and calling the singers not on their team shit. With I'm A Celebrity, they're in the middle of the jungle, being starved and forced to do nasty challenges just to get a few bugs to eat. I can't watch either of them for more than a few minutes.
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 ... 343   Go Up
Print
Jump to: