Pages: 1 ... 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 ... 343   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Color Teevee Programs  (Read 1191458 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1860 on: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 02:45:08 »

No idea if anyone else has mentioned it but I've started watching 'The Returned' and it's been brilliant so far. A bit of a Twin Peaks vibe about it. Available on Netflix.

Warning to you thickos who cannot read: it's French with English subtitles.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #1861 on: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 04:29:02 »

Warning to you thickos who cannot read: it's French with English subtitles.

Surely they wouldnt be able to read that ?

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #1862 on: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 06:07:58 »

Quite enjoyed The Returned. I felt it did tail off slightly towards the end of the series but still pretty darn good. Hopefully the second series isn't too far off.

Channel 4 ran their adverts in French with English subtitles when they showed it. Those guys..
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1863 on: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 06:12:21 »

I'd rather have bad dubbing than subtitles
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #1864 on: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 06:56:45 »

I loved Fargo which ended this week on 4, also the excellent Utopia starts again in a few weeks time, on he American front i have just downloaded the first series of Ray Donovan to watch, is it worth watching or should i cut my losses & watch something else on sky box sets.
Talk Talk

« Reply #1865 on: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 07:15:01 »

A bit of a Twin Peaks vibe about it.

Is Twin Peaks actually any good? I bought the box set ages ago on a whim but haven't bothered watching it yet.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #1866 on: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 07:25:43 »

Is Twin Peaks actually any good? I bought the box set ages ago on a whim but haven't bothered watching it yet.
It's one of those shows that you're supposed to think is dead clever and engrossing.  I thought it was utter shite. Pretentious and up itself.

It's All Good..............
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1867 on: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 08:26:57 »

I loved Fargo which ended this week on 4, also the excellent Utopia starts again in a few weeks time, on he American front i have just downloaded the first series of Ray Donovan to watch, is it worth watching or should i cut my losses & watch something else on sky box sets.

I have to catch up on Fargo, only made it to episode 4 before I got too far behind and episode 5 is not on 4OD anymore Sad Excellent news about Utopia, really enjoyed the first series.

Couple of decent looking BBC dramas coming up, one was called Common, can't remember the other one.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
kerry red

« Reply #1868 on: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 09:40:00 »

Ray Donovan - cant make up my mind about this one, watched the first series and was OK.

He's a sort of mildly loveable gangster, with a very creepy John Voigt as his dad. Lots of shagging and violence but I found the overall storyline kind of predictable.

Much the same as Banshee - which has much more of both shagging and violence.

Take it or leave it, really
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #1869 on: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 09:41:10 »

Just finished Season 4 of GOT, definitely the best so far. And it only gets more exciting from this point on folks...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1870 on: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 09:43:28 »

Definately worth a watch...  Not on a par with Fargo, but one of the better recent new series that have come out on Sky Atlantic.  The characters are really good, and I think it's only 10 episodes ish? so not like the usual 22/23 episode seasons that you get.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1871 on: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 09:46:10 »

It's one of those shows that you're supposed to think is dead clever and engrossing.  I thought it was utter shite. Pretentious and up itself.
I agree with Herthab on this one, I just didn't "get it".

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #1872 on: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 10:18:44 »

Definately worth a watch...  Not on a par with Fargo, but one of the better recent new series that have come out on Sky Atlantic.  The characters are really good, and I think it's only 10 episodes ish? so not like the usual 22/23 episode seasons that you get.
Cool i have just watched the first episode & am downloading a few more episodes, i also like Unforgettable at the moment on sky living.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1873 on: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 18:32:49 »

I still enjoy it. I think though it was better 'at the time', as back then it was original in style and format. Now it isn't.

It took a nose dive though as soon as the murder was solved.
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #1874 on: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 18:42:26 »

Twin Peaks was brilliant. Ruined by the network demanding a resolution to who killed Laura Palmer.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 ... 343   Go Up
Print
Jump to: